My Mitsubishi Lancer 4G13 Turbo !

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i prefer a street sleeper, like what they always say sir, "gone like the wind", lol

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Sorry Ahmed... Yeah I meant 189 hp... Typo... but even with that, it still doesn't tally with theoretical calculations.

How is that plausible bro xtremeleo? Care to explain turbo sifu?

Let us do just some "rough" calculations or if you prefer, "approximations"
Our atm pressure is approx 1 bar. So if you can cramp 1 bar in means 100% extra increment in power. So assuming the stock engine does 92 hp, we roughly times 2. That will be 184 hp. And that is on crank. Not wheel hp. Plus things are not perfect, so we have to deduct power for spooling the turbine, intake restrictions, drivetrain losses, and etc... The increment may only be around 85% if the engine is tip top.

Please educate me bro!!! I mean if it is really so easy to double up the power, people won't spend so much on heavier mods...
BRO..My opinion...ur theory is correct..but consider this too..

the VE of the engine...yes the engine is 'stock'..but the setup is no longger stock..so dont use stock hp AS A COMPARISON DATA...coz stock Engine VE only about 70-90% while modified tuning car can be more than 100% VE
this guy use bigger turbine(2L) and bigger injector..by sizing AND POWER Potential...it qualify to reach that power..so the data kinda logic to me..
so...:hmmmm:

p/s: we can estimate the power potential of car by using Size of injector and TUrbo sizing!!!
ok..:idea:

oh..y use ceramic ballbearing? easily kong woo:nurse:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
what he meant by dat, ceramic ball bearing is easily damaged, especially for high boost application sir. but, if used within limits, i dont see y it shudnt last

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what he meant by dat, ceramic ball bearing is easily damaged, especially for high boost application sir. but, if used within limits, i dont see y it shudnt last
Indeed it get damages easily but as you stated if you stay within the limits its really good. This turbo can hold up to 17Psi. And the ceramic ball bearing spools more quickly and smoothly because of light turbine fins.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i dont think there is a need to educate u on dis subject matter, instead i will tell u dis, there are a lot of na engines dat run on our streets dat is running on power out of the range of what can be calculated sir. i personally know of a 4g91 dat runs 187hp on the dynamics, if talking about being unortodox, dis is one of the example dat i can give u

okie, sum hint then on ahmed setup.. 1bar isnt the same for all turbines, its the flow dat matters, and tuning isnt just about boost and fueling alone fyi
Thank you bro extremeleo for highlighting the flow thingy... I never thought about flow. Looks like I still have a lot to learn about turbo.

but about flow, does it apply to forced induction engines? I though it only applies to NA since they rely on the straightest, smoothest and shortest route to cramp more air into the engine.
But for turbo, pressure is already there to cramp air in. The straightness or route plays a minimal role already because its limiting effect has been minimised by the boost (forcing air in). So does flow still play a role in turbo engine?

If so, how do we improve the flow in a turbo engine sir? I know for NA, we should have shortest, straightest, polished manifold etc...

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

BRO..My opinion...ur theory is correct..but consider this too..

the VE of the engine...yes the engine is 'stock'..but the setup is no longger stock..so dont use stock hp AS A COMPARISON DATA...coz stock Engine VE only about 70-90% while modified tuning car can be more than 100% VE
this guy use bigger turbine(2L) and bigger injector..by sizing AND POWER Potential...it qualify to reach that power..so the data kinda logic to me..
so...:hmmmm:

p/s: we can estimate the power potential of car by using Size of injector and TUrbo sizing!!!
ok..:idea:

oh..y use ceramic ballbearing? easily kong woo:nurse:

Hey.. Sorry ya... What is VE :biggrin:.

Oh ya... About the engine, you said it is not stock... It is not stock on some of the supplementary mods. But the parts involved directly in the creation of power i.e camshaft is stock.

For ease of communication, let me represent here:
Primary mod = parts involved directly in creating power i.e turbo, camshafts, fuel; supplementary mods = parts required to help the primary mod unleash the power/to support primary mod i.e. injectors, cam pulley, forged pistons etc...

What I mean supplementary mods are parts such as injectors. They are not involved directly in creation of power. But if we upgrade to turbo, we need a bigger capacity injector to "support" the turbo (pirmary mod). The injector alone does not increase power without the turbo (maybe even a slight decrease in torque at low speeds).

So with all the supplementary mods, then engine is still stock with respect to the parts involved directly in creating power.

Lets say if he changed camshaft and the stock power is now 110 hp without turbo. Then we can say the engine is not stock.

Erm... I don't know my explanation clear or not... Haha... Sorry something hard to talk in text.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

@Veloc
Let me clear you sir previously I was using 4EFTE Turbine CT-9. I was running the same boost 1Bar. On dyno figures were 146Whp. After complete aggressive tuning. Later within a month I changed the turbine to Nissan Dual Ball Bearing and boost was the same 1Bar. With the change of turbine my car leaned with 250CC injectors. I had to upgrade my injectors to 300CC and had to re-tune. And with the figures I was amazed.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/365308-my-mitsubishi-lancer-4g13-turbo.html
Here are the picture of turbine which I upgraded too.
Bro Ahmed... Sorry ya... Thanks for being patient... I am not doubting or suspecting you... But just discussing because I don't really understand. I am kind of direct. If I don't know, I ask.

So... Please educate me on this matter. I will be grateful!
Allah hafiz

mxsteven

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Shah Alam
VE is Volumetric Efficiency.

Anyhow im really impressed on your 4G13 mod... Im currently driving Proton Waja 4G18 mod Bolt on Turbo but only manage to get 211whp on Dynojet, 208whp on Dastek and 198whp on DynoDynamics @ boost 0.68 bar (all calculated on WHP) . Tested Boost 1 bar on dynodynamics ... @ 268WHP.... max out... i dont think my engine can go any further like yours.

you can check out some of my mod here
Stevenlution Waja: Stevenlution 2010 DIY-Project, DIY Bolt On Turbo, DIY Car Pc, Retrofit and much more. 13 detailed pages to share! 2004 Proton Waja - Kuala Lumpur,

I havent update some of the mod...

Do you have a video of your car while accelerating? i would love to hear the spooling turbine sound hahaha..

Cheers
Steven

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Ahmed... Sorry ya... Thanks for being patient... I am not doubting or suspecting you... But just discussing because I don't really understand. I am kind of direct. If I don't know, I ask.

Allah hafiz
No problem sir I respect you brother. :) Everyone is here to learn.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

VE is Volumetric Efficiency.

Anyhow im really impressed on your 4G13 mod... Im currently driving Proton Waja 4G18 mod Bolt on Turbo but only manage to get 211whp on Dynojet, 208whp on Dastek and 198whp on DynoDynamics @ boost 0.68 bar (all calculated on WHP) . Tested Boost 1 bar on dynodynamics ... @ 268WHP.... max out... i dont think my engine can go any further like yours.

you can check out some of my mod here
Stevenlution Waja: Stevenlution 2010 DIY-Project, DIY Bolt On Turbo, DIY Car Pc, Retrofit and much more. 13 detailed pages to share! 2004 Proton Waja - Kuala Lumpur,

I havent update some of the mod...

Do you have a video of your car while accelerating? i would love to hear the spooling turbine sound hahaha..

Cheers
Steven
I have to check sir weather I do have any video or not because month ago my laptop got crashed.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

@Steven
I am impressed by your project. You get healthy amount of power from 4G18.

mxsteven

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Shah Alam
Hi Ahmed... i still impressed with your mod hahaha i never even thought 4G13 can give such a good output.. anyway keep up the good work.

I will always maintain my 4G18 and the mod will never die. I will always update at my cardomain.. create one for your own...

regards
Steven

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Thank you bro extremeleo for highlighting the flow thingy... I never thought about flow. Looks like I still have a lot to learn about turbo.

but about flow, does it apply to forced induction engines? I though it only applies to NA since they rely on the straightest, smoothest and shortest route to cramp more air into the engine.
But for turbo, pressure is already there to cramp air in. The straightness or route plays a minimal role already because its limiting effect has been minimised by the boost (forcing air in). So does flow still play a role in turbo engine?

If so, how do we improve the flow in a turbo engine sir? I know for NA, we should have shortest, straightest, polished manifold etc...

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Hey.. Sorry ya... What is VE :biggrin:.

Oh ya... About the engine, you said it is not stock... It is not stock on some of the supplementary mods. But the parts involved directly in the creation of power i.e camshaft is stock.

For ease of communication, let me represent here:
Primary mod = parts involved directly in creating power i.e turbo, camshafts, fuel; supplementary mods = parts required to help the primary mod unleash the power/to support primary mod i.e. injectors, cam pulley, forged pistons etc...

What I mean supplementary mods are parts such as injectors. They are not involved directly in creation of power. But if we upgrade to turbo, we need a bigger capacity injector to "support" the turbo (pirmary mod). The injector alone does not increase power without the turbo (maybe even a slight decrease in torque at low speeds).

So with all the supplementary mods, then engine is still stock with respect to the parts involved directly in creating power.

Lets say if he changed camshaft and the stock power is now 110 hp without turbo. Then we can say the engine is not stock.

Erm... I don't know my explanation clear or not... Haha... Sorry something hard to talk in text.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Allah hafiz
ya bro learn more...exactly..i just want to show u how ur theory gone wrong in this cases ...b4 this u use stock data to argue with the power that Ahmed made..and

just want to said that...if we want power we need more energy..how to get energy..we need to burn more fuel...how to get more fuel inside combustion..we need bigger injector..more fuel we also need more air...so in forced induction..dont said camshaft...turbocharger is a primary part who force more air inside combustion..with more air and fuel together with proper tuning..we will get more power then before...look like easy right!!..but can the engine withstand the power?..or..how the power generate across the rpm band is another story...e.g bigger turbo..high boost...small displacement..power come out at higher rpm!!...in turbocharging world..we talk alot about..what turbo we use? and how big the injector...

so in Ahmed case..he use t3 turbo sizing with 300cc injector ..by calculation we will see around 250hp max power potential..Ahmed get 200..then i said it logic:nurse:

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ya bro learn more...exactly..i just want to show u how ur theory gone wrong in this cases ...b4 this u use stock data to argue with the power that Ahmed made..and

just want to said that...if we want power we need more energy..how to get energy..we need to burn more fuel...how to get more fuel inside combustion..we need bigger injector..more fuel we also need more air...so in forced induction..dont said camshaft...turbocharger is a primary part who force more air inside combustion..with more air and fuel together with proper tuning..we will get more power then before...look like easy right!!..but can the engine withstand the power?..or..how the power generate across the rpm band is another story...e.g bigger turbo..high boost...small displacement..power come out at higher rpm!!...in turbocharging world..we talk alot about..what turbo we use? and how big the injector...

so in Ahmed case..he use t3 turbo sizing with 300cc injector ..by calculation we will see around 250hp max power potential..Ahmed get 200..then i said it logic:nurse:
Very well explained sir.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently get a integra 1.8 auto . plannning to modify to manual next step. Vtec sifu here pls recommend me how should i do to get most powerful vtec feel in my dc2 .through my survey B18c type r of course the most good to the dc2. But the engine is damm expensive. is it really worth to buy it .
H22A can tapao 18c type r or not ?since H22A is cheap than b18c r .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience