My extremely shitty experience at Speedworks

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
I followed a friend of mine to Speedworks PJ today to get a hot bits extractor fixed on his car..To our dismay and anger, it was certainly a really fukked up time there..When we first arrived inside the shop, we saw the boss walking around..And what the fukk?? He didn't even gave a smile or friendly gesture to us..How to attract customers when you are so fukking snobbish and arrogant?? The second thing was there was nobody there to entertain us..All the staff just walked by and pretended that we were not even there..Nobody came up to us and asked "yes can we help u??" or anything like that..We had to ask a staff "do u want to do business or not??" After standing there for quite a while finally a staff came and attended to us..After getting the quotation about the price and all my friend handed over the keys to them so they could start work on his car..Me and my friend asked the dude how long would it take to get the job done..He told us "very fast wan lah..Don't worry..By 1pm finish already" (the time was 11am then)..So my friend and I went out to have a drink while waiting for his car to be finished..After an hour we returned to check how much work have they done on his car..And we were shocked that no work has been started on his car at all!! After asking the staff incharge why the fukk no work has been started on the car, they finally got their lazy asses to start work..And once work got started on the car they screw up again..They broke an intake hose and told my friend that he has to pay 70bucks to buy a silicone hose from them..My friend had no choice but to buy the hose because the hose was connecting the throttle body and air filter ram..The time was now already 1pm and work on the car is still not finished..The original manifold was taken out but the hot bits extractor has not been fixed..To screw us up even more, it was now lunch time and all the staff has gone out to eat..Nobody working on the car once again..Finally after almost waiting a whole day there, the job was finished at 3pm..What the fukk?? Promise say by 1pm finish but it was no where near there..I seriously do not understand how the fukk fixing an extractor on a car can take up to 4 hours?! I bet that if we were to send it to an exhaust shop like Wai Heng or whatever, the job would be done within 1 hour..This is certainly our first and last visit to "SCREWUPWORKS"..

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
justin_vspec said:
I followed a friend of mine to Speedworks PJ today to get a hot bits extractor fixed on his car..To our dismay and anger, it was certainly a really fukked up time there..When we first arrived inside the shop, we saw the boss walking around..And what the fukk?? He didn't even gave a smile or friendly gesture to us..How to attract customers when you are so fukking snobbish and arrogant?? The second thing was there was nobody there to entertain us..All the staff just walked by and pretended that we were not even there..Nobody came up to us and asked "yes can we help u??" or anything like that..We had to ask a staff "do u want to do business or not??" After standing there for quite a while finally a staff came and attended to us..After getting the quotation about the price and all my friend handed over the keys to them so they could start work on his car..Me and my friend asked the dude how long would it take to get the job done..He told us "very fast wan lah..Don't worry..By 1pm finish already" (the time was 11am then)..So my friend and I went out to have a drink while waiting for his car to be finished..After an hour we returned to check how much work have they done on his car..And we were shocked that no work has been started on his car at all!! After asking the staff incharge why the fukk no work has been started on the car, they finally got their lazy asses to start work..And once work got started on the car they screw up again..They broke an intake hose and told my friend that he has to pay 70bucks to buy a silicone hose from them..My friend had no choice but to buy the hose because the hose was connecting the throttle body and air filter ram..The time was now already 1pm and work on the car is still not finished..The original manifold was taken out but the hot bits extractor has not been fixed..To screw us up even more, it was now lunch time and all the staff has gone out to eat..Nobody working on the car once again..Finally after almost waiting a whole day there, the job was finished at 3pm..What the fukk?? Promise say by 1pm finish but it was no where near there..I seriously do not understand how the fukk fixing an extractor on a car can take up to 4 hours?! I bet that if we were to send it to an exhaust shop like Wai Heng or whatever, the job would be done within 1 hour..This is certainly our first and last visit to "SCREWUPWORKS"..

Sorry, it may be a different case if I would be in your shoes, but changing an extractor in 4 hours is resonable, I would think especially on a car that had been driven around. It would take an hour or so, to sit on my ass to let the thing cooled off significantly before any work could be done. By the way, it was still the extractor right - some steel pipe coming out the exhaust side of your engine ... Very very HOT. And to chill it with water (if you might think) just gonna set-off a few snapped bolts.

But I totally agrees with you, dude about how some of these people thinks they have all the business in the world and they shows shitty faces to others. and of course how they underestmated on the time to finish, and f**k-up the hose which they should have replaced on their own account, or any other workshop would.

Thanks for sharing, Buddy :)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
they are too arrogant and thinks they are the pioneer in car mod world in klang valley, if those attitude cant change, they will even loose more customers to nowdays ever competitive car mod market!

K3nnYkl82

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
KL
I think the extractor takes only a while to cool off...

coz the other day .. my car's clutch pump died on me ... leaking .. (still driveable) .. i drive it to the mechanic and fix ... it was like 5 minutes ago i stopped the engine .. but he is there under the car (jacked all the way up) .. changing the clutch thing there.... i saw he go to hold the extractor... hold!!! .. not touch .. plain hand .. so i ask .. a malay guy .. 'tak panas keh' ..?? he reply .. tak ada la.. u tengok i pegang lagi ... he says engine will be damn hot .. but extractor cold of very fast.... may be original extractor cold faster those changed one i donno

btw, .. mine 1.8DohC putra... original la

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
That asshole mechanic could pop open a bonet and use a fan to cool down the extractor and engine. Then the job could start in at least about 15-30 minutes. If the extractor takes a longer time to change, the mech shouldn't promise 2 hours in the first place. Be frank. If it takes 4 hours, just tell the customer 4 hours.

As for breaking the hose, that is total bullshit. The mech breaks the hose, they replace it FOR FREE. It is at the fault of that dumb ass mech.

justin_vspec,
As as you think your friend's case was bad, I visited them many years ago to get a K&N replacement air filter. The service was ok but not up to par. I didn't feel comfortable at all there. The purchase was supposed to come with a free dyno, even if it's stock car, but that dude seem reluctant to do it. In any case, I wasn't very particular at that time because my car was still stock in terms of performance anyway.

What I suggest you could do, is to write the story out in proper english. Not too long, just short and sweet. Then send it in to the papers. Alternative way is to photostat that short and sweet story, and paste it all over the place and distribute it out to everyone who's into car modifications.

One lesson to learn is that never pay before work is finished. Unfortunate to say, MANY MANY workshops and mod shops have had their service degraded a lot. Yet another cause to the down fall of the modification industry in the country.

Unfortunate enough, I didn't have quite a comfortable experience with GT Auto in Sunway as well. No doubt many ZTH may claim their good service but personally, I just felt that they are more friendly towards monster rides.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Totally agrees with Satria_95 ...

Unfortunately that's how it goes here ... Dealers also look down on people with "less" expensive cars ... But then again, what's the true meaning of "expensive". Kinda subjective isn't it.

I reckon, if you should have a workshop to maintain cars, you should NOT disregard someone whether he/she's driving a beaten-up old Beetle, or a latest spec M3. Cars are just cars, respect for the customer should be the up-most!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
its always the case.a performace shop which deal with monster cars will not really give their full attention to average joe cars.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Fluffy said:
its always the case.a performace shop which deal with monster cars will not really give their full attention to average joe cars.
Pretty damn sad attitude, that's my thoughts.

Used to know a mechanic that would treat 120Y's as S14's, or to GTR's "EQUALLY"
Damn good mechanic and tuner too. Sadly, worked himself literally insane, and sold his business off.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
eyong,
hahahahaha Talking about t-girl, I left my customer place in Jalan TAR at about 8+pm last night. Saw this t-gurl and her body was stunning. Face also not too bad. It's rather amazing how guys could turn out to be bodily "females"... erm.... "shemales"... erm...."he-she"? erm....

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Not surprisingly ... some turned out to be envy of many, many REAL women ....

What had the modern world of science has turned into???

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
What a pissed off friend we got here. But for this type of situation, that guy who broke the hose, should have tell his boss to replace it for free, then tell them that you cannot wait anymore and ask them for refund.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
eyong in the last reply u said 4 hours is reasonable ? i don`t agree with u .... i change mine extractor they just finish in half n hour time ...... pluss .... with doing 2 bullets on the back ...... HALF AN HOUR !!!!! not 4 hours ...... 4 hours can do 7 car s oledi n justin never go to a branded shop for workks .... coz all they do is sell names ..... try asking ppl whare to do is good n eventually who knows it turns out to be a good outcome ......

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
True too, if anyone would try hard enough he/she would get it done in a zip. Knew someone whom had done a clutch replacement on a Group A rally car in 1/2 hour too.

Thing is,

i) I do not agree with the technician to simply put a time when he can't deliver.
ii) As a consumer, we too have to understand cases like "should I burn my fingers and heart out for someone's rig".

Personally, I never like large workshops too ... They are usually too busy tending someone's more expensive and deeper pocket's car than yours.

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Haha seems nobody from ZTH would pay a a visit to speedworks after this..Wahahahha...Hope they close down and go bankrupt!! Ehehehe..And oh yeah the excuse they gave for breaking the hose was the hose was old and very hard adi so when we took it out the thing broke..The thing was the clamp on the hose wasn't loosen at all!! Well anyway whats done is done..I just wanted to share my experience with all of u so u all will not have to suffer and get angry for nothing..:shades_smile:

amadeus

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
thanks for sharing, i was considering to go there to change some stuff next week.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
This fellows sometimes just want to get more customers, since you pay already, so what they care? The moral of the story, only pay after the job is completed and you are happy with it.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
aiyo....should ask our taiko fstrader ma....

next time wan do piping o ekzos...go JIAN HANG>...any problems can ask fstrader....no worries ma....

rite?

my 2cent

*got comsion ar fstrader? help u promote? lolx - joking

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
justin_vspec said:
They broke an intake hose and told my friend that he has to pay 70bucks to buy a silicone hose from them..My friend had no choice but to buy the hose because the hose was connecting the throttle body and air filter ram..
tat hose not necesary hv to use silicone ma....if they dun hv stock...dun instal 1st lo...no harm oso....then go spare part shop buy one hose n instal la..cheap cheap nia....but siliconme hose looks nice la...blue color ar?:_:

BTW...sometimes juz is 'Luck'.... maybe they r realy bz tat y need longer time....tat y some ppl rather go cap ayam shop do things...faster, cheaper......

A Post Every 5 Mins

The classic American sports car turns 60 in 2013 and the Chevrolet Corvette originally left the assembly floor with a six-banger under its hood.

With its diamond jubilee on the horizon, reports are indicating that the next generation Vette’ could have a throw back to its yesteryears by having a V6 lump under the hood of the C7. However, forced...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience