My 1st Project Nismo....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
This is my 1st completed model build period is quite long cause I only do bit by bit. Its also my 1st kit. I'm a newbie so the craftmanship is not that good and just trying my best to make it look as good as I can. Hope to get some comment from pros here on painting and gluing technics....

What you guys used as glue. here I use UHU gum only but its not so good...
The paint i use those can spray only...:retarded: with clear coating on top...

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Haha. Of course UHU glue is not good, takes time and the strength is not guarantee... but... i use double sided tape, cause wanna disassemble it next time. haha.
Erm. The painting looks rough la. The headlight, not that well positioned.
But anyway, you have finally completed building a car. haha. Congrat.
Is that a Aoshima?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Edward, yes its an Aoshima kit.

Double sided tape strong meh ? what brand of double sided tape ?
What paint to use to get a smooth and nice surface ?
Yeah the head light glass is quite hard to position, how to make a good position ? care to teach me ah ??

Hope you and other can give me more feedback and guidance so my next project will be nicer and realistic....

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Err. Double sided tape ah, not strong. hehe. During the photograhpy session ah, i was very sad about the double sided tape. haha. Things keep on falling.
Get the tamiya paint lo. RM29.90.
About the headlight, i think you better check see your front body is it all body kit are join properly and accurately la.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks, aycy for the compliment. There still more sifu here....I'm just newbie only...

Ed, what's the difference of Tmiya spray paint and those Rm5 one ?
If the bodykit cant join properly than what should I do ?

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
Edward, yes its an Aoshima kit.

Double sided tape strong meh ? what brand of double sided tape ?
What paint to use to get a smooth and nice surface ?
Yeah the head light glass is quite hard to position, how to make a good position ? care to teach me ah ??

Hope you and other can give me more feedback and guidance so my next project will be nicer and realistic....
painting it layer by layer, from thin layer increasing to thicker layer as layer goes by would produce good paintjob result. also, u might need the rubbing compound and wax to polish it after the paintjob to get the shine u need.

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
equin0x, agree agree. layer and layer. thin thin... hehe.

titanrev, the body parts really not fitting accurately ah? Mine is the back, so i use knife and sand paper to touch up a bit lo. Mine front is ok.
Erm. The RM5 punya. You mean the one from hardware shop ah? That won't give really good shinny smooth surface. But once i use it with a difference type of purpose, i purposely spray it to looks really rough but evenly rough. So it looks like dull. That was what i want.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Such a failure....spend so much time on it bu the result was bad....felt quite disappointed...

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
TitanRev,

no heart feeling bro but that's not what i meant.. i mean that just from my observation only. the work & outcome is great, just that it can be improve much more further provided you have the right tools

cheers!

cham2020

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2004
hello titan,
it's nice for a first time modeller !

i have 2 evo's 6 that i screwed when i start modeling.
anway, i would like to suggest you to NOT use UHU cause my first model is screwed cause of it.. try using superglue for parts fitment, double side tape for the windows , and for small lamps you can use white glue..
hope it helps...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
equinx, its ok bro. Maybe my standards was high so can't reach that standard will feel down....

what tools and materials should i have ? can list it out much helpful if got pics.

cham2020, I scared to use superglue cause when it sticks on plastics it usually have white colour haze around the glued area. How do i solve that problem ?

double sided tape for the glass you mean ? can it hold ?

Also the white glue you mention is those watery watery wan like those we use in our primary school days ? Or its looks like a lip stick wan ?

cham,equinx and guys, got a Q about painting. Can you guys tell me the correct step when painting a model ? what and where to paint 1st ?

Another thing, equinx how to paint those rubber strip ? you paint the rubber strip 1st then the whole body or the whole body 1st ? you cover the painted area with masking tape ? but i scared when peeling off the tape, he paint will get rip off also.. how to solve this problem ?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys, thank for all the comments that you guys gave no matter good or bad. Thanks..will improve my skill more and thanks Ed for the advice...Cheers..

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
equinx, its ok bro. Maybe my standards was high so can't reach that standard will feel down....

what tools and materials should i have ? can list it out much helpful if got pics.

cham2020, I scared to use superglue cause when it sticks on plastics it usually have white colour haze around the glued area. How do i solve that problem ?

double sided tape for the glass you mean ? can it hold ?

Also the white glue you mention is those watery watery wan like those we use in our primary school days ? Or its looks like a lip stick wan ?

cham,equinx and guys, got a Q about painting. Can you guys tell me the correct step when painting a model ? what and where to paint 1st ?

Another thing, equinx how to paint those rubber strip ? you paint the rubber strip 1st then the whole body or the whole body 1st ? you cover the painted area with masking tape ? but i scared when peeling off the tape, he paint will get rip off also.. how to solve this problem ?
For some fitment parts, i find those clear glue (those last time we use in kindergarten) are very useful coz if u apply neat and nicely and once it dried, it wont leave any mark, good for those headlamp case (bonus is if the headlight fitted senget, once dried you can remove it and re-apply again and it is clear so u wont see any haze at all when dried)

I just bought Tamiya CE cement - quick dry type today but have not try to use yet. any user feedback?

hehe i'm not expert in painting yet anyway but there are lots of tutorial about painting the model, different ppl have different opinion on painting. but for all i know, if you're doing a model with multiple colors, start with the lightest color as base.

as for those rubber strip on the model chassis, you can use masking tape to seal off the covered area. use Tamiya masking tape as i dunno other tape would rip off your model paint or not. if you are using Tamiya TS can spray for your model base color, most ppl would advise you u different type of paint (for example Tamiya acrylic or enamel paint) for the rubber strip coz if there is correction need to be done, the thinner would not rip the lacquer color from the spray can. spray the whole model first before going into the detail (like in this case the rubber strip). u can use thin brush for it (non shaky hand would be ideal) but for my case, i'm using masking tape and airbrush.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks bro...:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone tell me which is is better.. which 1 is alot problem.. which 1 is nice.. and i wanna ask.. izzit GTO only 2 seat? and pls tell me the reason of problem.. thx~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience