Motor Trend’s family-hauling edition with Panamera Turbo, X6 M and CTS-V w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Direct car comparisons are one of the better ways of getting the pros and cons across to the readers. The potential for excitement borders limitless and the manner in which the comparison is conducted is entirely up to the reviewer.

Many publications have gone the way of having a video accompany the article as a sort of teaser. Honestly, if the cars in question were sports cars or high-powered road-killers, a video couldn’t hurt right? And you know, a picture’s worth a thousand words and all that.

Some of the best, if not the most left field, comparisons are always by Motor Trend. They always round up the black sheep of the automotive family and let them loose in the pen, with some entertaining results.

Here, the guys from Motor Trend have gone the way of the family-haulers by rounding up the Porsche Panamera Turbo, BMW X6 M and the Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon.

With a 4.8-liter turbocharged V8 pumping out 550hp, the Panamera is one sedan that can call Germany’s Autobahn its minion. The X6 M isn’t far behind as well with its 4.4-liter force-fed V8 producing a thumping 500hp. Finally, the CTS-V Sport Wagon makes it a party with its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 pushing out 556hp of American brawn.

It’s really one eclectic mix of vehicles that throws a spanner in the works of regular comparisons but we never doubted, not even for a second, that you want to know the results.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OwjWJmQnEaU" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Last edited:

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
u got mixed up.
the panamera with 4.8 puts out 500hp.
the x6m with 4.4 puts out 550hp.