MMS on Nokia. Help

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bryan90s

500 RPM
hi folks,

i have setup (auto setup) both my nk hp and my gf hp on GPRS and MMS.The setup process run smoothly.

GPRS seems working. I can browse those WAP content on web. But the problem is MMS. when i tried to send a MMS, a G icon appear on top left corner of the hp screen, follow by a mail icon then some animation. then dissapear from my screen.

i thought the message was sent.No indeed. it dint deduct my credit nor the message arrive at my gf hp. the message is still inside the multimedia message outbox.

what seems to be the problem?

i am using a nk 6230

MMS depends on GPRS... sometimes it goes down or maybe the phone config is wrong? Try accessing ur mobile operator's site. U definately need to configure the following:

1. GPRS
2. WAP
3. MMS

Browsing WAP content doesn't mean GPRS is ok. If u can access normal site such as Yahoo or Google, it is ok.

BRO,

i mean browsing wap.maxis.com.my. i m pretty sure GPRS is working.

the phone config is done auto. wat else to check? i heard in order to receive MMS, first u need to send one out.is it?

Q. Why is it that I can't receive picture messages from my friends who have Maxis picture messaging service?
A: This may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You have not signed up for GPRS
- Your picture messaging enabled mobile phone is not configured or is incorrectly configured
- To be provisioned for picture messaging service, you need to send a picture message to your own mobile phone to complete the registration process or send to another phone
- Check if your friends are on the Maxis network

found this on maxis

goto https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/standard?siteLanguageId=118 and get your maxis GPRS/MMS settings again...

if the MMS is successfully send out from the phone but not deliver on the other site 99% network issue...

Also is your g/f using Maxis too ?? Inter network most of the time alot problem...you know lah..Malaysia mah...

Alternatively try send MMS to yourself and see...

Good luck

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom