MIVEC with V-AFCII or S-AFC

edmundturner

Known Member
Hey,
Need some advice and guidance!. A friend of mine just got his MIVEC 1.8 engine block completed. He has to get a fuel computer to compensate for the increased fuel requirements. He managed to get a V-AFCII with a MIVEC converter from a FTO. Now we are facing a dilemma because we dont know how to wire it up or configure it. The basic wiring diagram from Apexi does not include the diagram for the MIVEC converter!

Now, we are looking to install a S-AFC temporarily until we can wire the V-AFCII.
Does anyone know how to configure the S-AFC for a MIVEC?
i know the basic setup, 4cyclinder, arrow pointing up right, the sensor should be..?? 50 50?

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for S-AFCII+ Mivec Convertor.

any help is highly appreciated!

edmund

dude,
why dont you just pay a little and get it installed by a good tuner? I think it will save you alot of trouble and headache, plus you might be running a risk of blowing your engine if you set it up wrong. just my 2 cents.... :P

True i do agree with that, but we have ALREADY tried N1, KSP racing and other several tuners, and they do not seem to have appropriate wiring diagram for the V-AFCII + Mivec converter. To add, the FTO from which the V-AFCII was taken from was SOLD.

Besides, this is just a hobby/passion of mine. Ive installed and tuned a few standalone ECU's (Haltech E11, E6K, MT8, MTX8, E-manage) on various engines. I should not think i would have much problem if only given the proper documentation.

edmund

even if they have it, i dun think they will show it to u...
if they show u, how they gonna do business ler? :rolleyes:

??? that was not the case,
We asked them to install it for us, but they said they couldnt because they dont have the diagram....

Maybe someone can help *RECOMMEND* a tuner/mechanic that can perform the installation?

edmund

Originally posted by speedking@Mar 22 2005, 16:27
even if they have it, i dun think they will show it to u...
if they show u, how they gonna do business ler? :rolleyes:
[snapback]830796[/snapback]​

did u tried ah moi? tat day i lepak there, the boss said if i got the vafc n the converter he can install n tune for me... sure charge la...

Hrm..we didnt go to amoil. will have to drop by there! Thanks for the tip!

quote=kwai,Mar 23 2005, 02:37 ]
did u tried ah moi? tat day i lepak there, the boss said if i got the vafc n the converter he can install n tune for me... sure charge la...
[snapback]832465[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[snapback]832671[/snapback]​
[/quote]

i went N1...
checked their dyno tune...
they asked abt ur things.... they said with the mivec adapter, VAFC can, VAFC2 cannot....

thanks for asking, might have been a communication error. Im now unsure if they said they couldnt install it or they cant due to limitations of the V-AFCII.
Couldnt understand the mechanic i was taking to. Will drop by later and reconfirm.

I have read about cars tuned with a MIVEC converter with V-AFC II.
edmund

i went N1...
they asked abt ur things.... they said with the mivec adapter, VAFC can, VAFC2 cannot....
[snapback]835602[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Had installed VAFC II with my V6 Mivec 2.0 at speedworks JB, no problem at all :D .

thanks for asking, might have been a communication error. Im now unsure if they said they couldnt install it or they cant due to limitations of the V-AFCII.
Couldnt understand the mechanic i was taking to. Will drop by later and reconfirm.

I have read about cars tuned with a MIVEC converter with V-AFC II.
edmund

i went N1...
[snapback]835602[/snapback]​
[snapback]835703[/snapback]​
[/quote]

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom