Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
MMER DEBUTANT AUDI WORKS TEAM: THE CROWD FAVOURITE FOR 2010
02 AUGUST 2010, BY SEPANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUITS

With two former LeMans winner in their team, it comes as no surprise that the Audi Race Experience Team Joest is the crowd favourite in the 2010 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race (MMER).
But the team can expect stiff resistance from their rivals, and perhaps even face an upset this weekend.

Kencana Racing Team owner and 2007 overall champion Datuk Mokhzani Mahathir is delighted with the high-profile team’s entry in the MMER; but sportingly cautioned them that other teams will be equally prepared and raring to win the challenging endurance race.

“I think this is the first time that a factory works team is taking part in the MMER. This is something that we should be proud of as we can learn from how an established team presents itself for the race.

“As we all know, Team Joest ran the LeMans- winning LMP1 cars this year. Having said that, I doubt that any of the other teams, especially those competing in the GT class, will be any less prepared. The 2007, 2008 and 2009 overall champions are back on the grid this year, and I don’t think the Audi team will have it easy,” said Mokhzani.

Apart from a full works team, the Audi Race Experience Team Joest will also be powered by the driving brilliance and experience of former winners of the Le Mans race, Frank Biela and Marco Werner. The participation of former Porsche Carrera Cup Asia champion Daryl O’ Young, who will be the third driver for the team, completes the powerful triumvirate.

Other top racing names that would be competing in this year’s race include Peter Kox, Christopher Haase, Richard Lietz, Craig Baird, Matthew Marsh, Dominik Farnbacher, Tatsuya Kataoka, Nobuteru Taniguchi and Masataka Yanagida.

“I feel proud that such established racers are taking part in the MMER, as it shows that the race can attract the big names,” Mokhzani said, adding that a total of 36 cars have registered for this year’s race, a list which includes top Malaysian teams and drivers.

“I welcome them to the grid of the MMER 2010. I’m sure they will find themselves in a very competitive race as some of the drivers and tech teams supporting the other cars are people they are familiar with and have raced against. And I do hope that they will share with the motor sports community just how competitive the MMER is,” he added.

The list of Malaysian participants in the MMER this year reads a little like the who’s who of the Malaysian motorsports, with the participation of former F1 driver Alex Yoong, the current Lotus F1 Racing test driver Fairuz Fauzy, Meritus team owner Firhat Mokhzani, GT3 Asia driver Tunku Hammam Sulong, Eddie Lew, Wong Yew Choong, Keifli Othman, Rizal Ashram Ramli, Farriz Fauzy and former equestrian champion Ashraff Dewal.

“The MMER allows local and regional race drivers to pit themselves against some of the world’s best drivers, to see where we stand and also to learn from the experience. And it makes victory all the sweeter!” said Mokhzani.

bring it on audi....even its not full factory team...but it stil the cult status machine R8 LMS.... :adore::adore::adore:

*from entry list:

12 Frank Biela
Darryl O'Young
Marco Werner Audi Race Experience Team Joest German Audi R8 LMS 45

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
“....first time that a factory works team is taking part in the MMER. ..."

"The list of Malaysian participants in the MMER this year reads a little like the who’s who of the Malaysian motorsports, with the participation of former F1 driver Alex Yoong, the current Lotus F1 Racing test driver Fairuz Fauzy, Meritus team owner Firhat Mokhzani, GT3 Asia driver Tunku Hammam Sulong, Eddie Lew, Wong Yew Choong, Keifli Othman, Rizal Ashram Ramli, Farriz Fauzy and former equestrian champion Ashraff Dewal."
Selective memory from SIC Media office.

Unless I'm wrong, 04 Overall Champs HMRT & 05-06 Champions Proton R3 are also Factory Works teams.

A who's who list includes an equestrian champ but not A1TM driver Aaron Lim? Injustice

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
*faisal..sorry...it supposed to mean "outside" full factory team... :adore:

-that's indicate that ppl on the otherside of this world was watching us here....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any iswara owners did CAI ? can show me or tell me how u did it ? coz i`m at the end of my brain thinking of the jalan
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience