Mazda 13B RE in a 80's Toyota KE70 DX

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Did some research and the RE engine mounts are at the front, making the original engine cross member useless. which means, i need to custom fabricate an "engine mount cum engine cross member" which is bolted onto the front of the chassis. I'm already having doubts. i've heard of getting an engineer to approve it in order for it to pass.... i don't know anything about hiring an engineer and what procedures to carry out prior to inspection... help? the transmission bracket also needs some slight fab work for it to fit... :thumpdown: :dontknow: is there any other way to make it look legit? or any other way to mount the RE in place?

i think there is still hope for that....just need a goood creative welder to fabricate and link the mount to original crossmember

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
its said that the FC3S - RX8 Rotary engine has its mounts located at the rotor housing or something close to it. not at the front but towards the sides, closer to a cylinder engine mounting layout... but that means the engine is a boosted RE... which i don't want :ahhhhh: looking for an N/A one. I am not really sure, anyone can clarify?

So, main idea was a KE70 DX with a 13B 48mm IDA weber carb Bridgeport capable of 220hp and 500Nm (proven). I wonder what this project would end up to be... :hmmmm: haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I am planning to paint my satria inside out....anyone can share which paint shop offers reasonable price and good workmanship? if possible share the pricing and pics too....any shops in kl or kuantan....thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience