Man of the German Grand Prix - JP Montoya

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
YES! from last to 2nd!.. if only he had not make a mistake during the quali

but i feel really dissapointed with mclaren's reliability.. very unfortunate for kimi.. it was a clear win for him

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Its no surprise he raced his way from 20th to 2nd. Mclaren's got the fastest car at the moment. NOT THE BEST. I'm extremely dissapointed with their performance over the last 3 race. They fucked up Kimi's car in 2 qualifying and just when things are looking better today, they screwed up his car again just when he was cruising towards victory. To make matters worst, JPM crashed in the qualifying and failed to stop Alonso from winning. You just got to look at how Rubens Barrichello backed Michael in their all conquering 2002 and 2004 season and how he won the Japan GP in 2003 to prevent Raikkonen from pipping Schumacher when Schumacher got into some trouble in the race.

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
True also, fast but not reliable. Think it's pure luck for Alonso. Everything happen side to him. Only if Montoya didn't spin in the qualifiying session and Kimi car didn't screw up, then I think the driver championship would be more competitive. Now it's time to prepare and welcome world youngest F1 champion.

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
sheet, alonso win again...i wonder the spain god is protect him to win tis year F1 title?sad day for kimi...but montoya really do a great job!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
If I was Kimi, I'd feel sick. He has done everything he could to be on level terms with Alonso. He drove fabulously on several occasions, leading on several occasions, and each time he is let down by his car...

For godsake get the car right McLaren!!!

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
and Ferrari is the car that slow everyone else in the race this time around. Helping Alonso's "boring" race indirectly.

Enjoy seeing the fight between Button and Schumi.

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
i cannot agree lah with jp montoya being the best man..he also got the luck after the incident where sato whack fisichella from behind...i think fisichella is the man..

montoya started at the back of the grid and he just follow the strategy and hope his car would'nt break down like kimi's...his driving skill's superb and with the help of that mishapin 1st lap..he can jump into 8th pos..but fisichella's day have been ruined when he's been hit by sato..all the balance and setting 'lari' oo..but then he still manage to run his car and claim fourth pos..

yet the best fight was button vs schumi...really best one

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Mclaren have been known to produce fast F1 cars but the same cannot be said about their reliability. Over the years, i've witnessed countless number of heartbreaks. They seem to screw up at the most vital moment. Hakkinen's engine blew in USA 2000 when he needed to win badly to reduce Schumacher's lead. He also lost his engine on the last lap of Spain 2001. Not to mention last year in Hockenheim when Raikkonen engine blew while leading. And this year his engine blew in Nurburgring also while leading. He's got all the shit luck. Mclaren has not got the cutting edge, the last swing needed to win something.

Alonso's a good steady driver. Doesn't make much mistakes and is just there to grab the oppotunity when there's one. But of coz he's aided by the reliability of his car. I'd say Alonso is almost confirmed the WDC. But i'm getting sick of his stupid hand gesture when he wins. As though we don't know he won how many times.

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
Alonso said in the interviewing session after the race, "it's quite a boring race". Damn it :mad:.........

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Getz, seriously, if you are driving at the front without challenge, it's really boring.
I experience it from Go-Kart.While others are busy banging, overtaking each other, I was at the other side of the circuit cruising, boring. My mate might be slow, but they have all the fun.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
why aarr?? since nissan was taken over by Renault.... the Renault F1 team also improves dramatically? hehehe.. reliable engines.... fast launch.... freaking fast speeds.... :D :D :D :D

hehehe.. i'm a fan of JPM but i agree with u guys that McLaren needs to put more effort for more reliable engines... apart from that... kimi should learn how to preserve engine like schumy did. yeah u can throttle all the way but if you're leading by about 10 secs and about 15 laps to go, i'd take it easy. just match the pace of the on behind u, and you'll win the race.. simple as that.

btw... JPM and kimi is running on the same engine... i believe JPM pushed his engine harder that kimi coz he started from the back of the grid... and managed to climb up to 3rd.. before finishing 2nd after kimi retirement.

is it the engine? or the driver?

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt the gearbox's hydraulics which failed on kimi instead of the engine?..

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
SpeedWanker said:
correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt the gearbox's hydraulics which failed on kimi instead of the engine?..
Does that makes any different?

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Kimi is world champion material..He knows how to preserve a car. And to answer your question, the cars are both set up differently for their respective drivers. This is quite evident in the teams having two separate set of engineers for each driver.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
In my honest opinion, there is no such thing as preserving your engine and not driving the car to the limit. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and it always has the latest in technology to offer. As such, the driver of every car are constantly on the limit. If a team boss were to find out his driver is underdriving the car, he'll be off the team. You see, every worker in a racing team has their responsibilities. A aerodynamics engineer is suppose to bring the best out of a car in terms of aero design, a chasis engineer is suppose to design and make the most reliable chasis/suspension/framework, an electrical engineer is suppose to make sure all device on the car works perfectly and most importantly, a driver's responsibility is to push the car to the limit to win races. As simple as that. When a driver retires, you got to look at who's not doing their job well enuff thats all.

To some extent, i do agree at the last few laps of the race, you'll have to lower the revs to make sure your car can last but thats if you have a good gap ahead. But generally, you'll have to push, push and push to win races. Schumacher's a very good driver with some superb mechanics behind him. His wins are not all because he preserves his engine but rather the fact that he pushes the car to the limit and maintains a good gap ahead and the leaves the rest to the engineers. I'd say they've probably got the best reliability over the past 5 years and you just got to admire the team behind him.

Also, you're talking about luck too. Kimi's got all the bad luck while his team mates are normally a bit more lucky. Look at DC's retirement rate over Kimi's. He's suck a quick driver but he lacks the luck coz his car seem to break down more often than his team mate. Just like Rubens car, who seem to break down more often than Schumachers. Its luck.

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
polyxtroy said:
Kimi is world champion material..He knows how to preserve a car. And to answer your question, the cars are both set up differently for their respective drivers. This is quite evident in the teams having two separate set of engineers for each driver.
but i think, most of the reason fall to kimi's style of driving, i think he really push his car too hard, he's really a flying finn, and evidently JPM doesn't seem to have any reliability issue, just his clumsiness.

even if both cars are attended by different engineering team, the margin of error for the parts and its quality is not much differs, they do have strict qc and only the best part is made available to the team

if setup is the problem, maybe they can switch the crew, still, i think kimi's car will have the least operational life

a3rosp3c

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
suchap69 said:
but i think, most of the reason fall to kimi's style of driving, i think he really push his car too hard, he's really a flying finn, and evidently JPM doesn't seem to have any reliability issue, just his clumsiness.

even if both cars are attended by different engineering team, the margin of error for the parts and its quality is not much differs, they do have strict qc and only the best part is made available to the team

if setup is the problem, maybe they can switch the crew, still, i think kimi's car will have the least operational life
yupp....totally agree with u man. so far, i think the only person who can challenge shumi is kimi raikonen. he really show a lot of potential as a really good driver. probably lack of experience makes him still hard for himto be a champion in f1 compared to shumi. rite now, the only person who can really beat shumi is the mika hakkinen. really miss all the race between these 2 ppl. syiokkk arrrr. too bad he retired so soon n join british touring racing in german :(

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I think its a matter of time before Kimi wins his WDC. He's argubaly the top driver this season if not for his horrendous car. Not taking any credits away from Alonso but Kimi's got the raw speed and car control. Reminds me of Michael when he was young. Showed lots of potential, raw speed, aggressive but had a unreliable car but he battled his way to being a 7 times world champion.

On Mika Hakkinen, he's my hero!! He's the reason why i'm watching F1. But again, his skills was overshadowed by his car's reliability. Managed to win 2 world championship and his speed and skills was outrageous. Pity he retired so early but on hindsight, he did the right thing to retire. The 3 years after his retirement was probably Mclaren's darkest years and its good that he retired while he was sort of still at the top.

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
wonder wat happen to alonso the great?? this man suddenly like tertelan vigra.... full boost this year ler.... shit man....... he won again..