Llumar Security Tinting

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Guys,
I'm thinking of installing Llumar around this next couple of weeks. Chris from the Taman Tun outlet quoted RM2,200 for my car. If there are 2 cars, he is willing to charge RM2,000 per car. I didn't ask how much discount he can give if there are more than 2 cars.

Is anybody interested in getting this tint or upgrading your tints? The more people get this tint together maybe we can bargain for more discount. Please, do it for the love of your existing (or future) meters, ICE, performance mods, etc.:angel_smile:

1. Bernard

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
pls ask him of it is a 7mil or 8mil? better 8mil and installation right up to your window tip.... btw.. i'm already using llumar... worth investing....

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
pls ask him of it is a 7mil or 8mil? better 8mil and installation right up to your window tip.... btw.. i'm already using llumar... worth investing....
bro i think is 100mil or 200mil if not mistaken.

1 more thing, can i know yur llumur is what color?

izzit brown color?

my friend got left few roll llumar film.. 1 full car front/rear 100m side 200m

rm 1540 per car. 5 years warranty.

may be u can go to llumar centre cut some sample.. i can show u my friend sample.. 200m

u want llumar sticker he got alot, comes with the package.

can drop stopid9 a mail.. coz he aredy install in his car.

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yep, its a worthwhile investment...

Err... last time 1 is 2 layer (1 layer is tinting n de other 1 is thicker to prevent break in) , so much thinker than de latest version 1 where they hv it 2 in 1 liao... It take lesser time to finish de whole car now then before too... But not too sure abt de actual mm size... Hehe...

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
mmmmm thinking of upgrade my security using this Llumar but I have to prioritize on my 'tiny' mods first ;) hihi

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
i'm not sure the calculations on the mil and micron.. (i think)... let me check with chris from lumar..

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Just to share my expeience a little..

Heat resistant not as efficient as my old V-KOOL last time. I'm tinted with the new type..1 security+solar in one..slightly thicker than the old one. Can't remember the measurement though..

I personally tried hiting LLumar tinted window..full blow with a steel 2 inch nail coming out of a heavy wood. It only started to crack after the 5th blow..tat itself after few more blows to that , it still stay intact as a piece to on the door frame. you CAN'T push or force it in with hands nor feet..so is pretty high resistance from most 'amateur' way of ad-hoc breaking in. You literally need a blade to cut through it after smashing it to crack.

Stormvo, Slivia, Leslie was with me back then...so is pretty good. What I also would suggest is to get it install and tint from the Llumar authorised center and not get the film outside as the warrantee is given from them with the registration there and then.

Last but not least, Remember this ! Is Smash RESISTANCE and not smash PROOF ! So with Llumar security film, common-sense and safe habits still counts as what it does is just to buy time...tat's all. Once you are marked, that's it ! Don't advertise your 'goodies' pls.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
that is one thing always in my mind and coz untill today i still havent get LLumar tinting is this tinting legal? means can pass the road block if they using the tester to test our screen? and will it effect our auto window in long term since it so thick...hehehe.....

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
I asked Chris of Llumar if the tints are JPJ approved. He said yes.
It shouldn't affect our power windows, otherwise we'll hear about it from forums or competitive tinting companies. Bad news travel fast.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Law,

It shldnt b a problem at all!!! As long as u dun choose those super dark 1, they do hv JPJ approved film no pro!!! Hehe... They got few range of grade for films to b choosen, super dark 1 is for those VIP car, n for normal car they hv few to choose from too...

It never affect de window function at all oso... No worry! Somore u can hv special grade for ur front windscreen where it can hv Smart Tec functioning well!!!

:_:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Law,

Join de thread starter to go together lo... If got more ppl go hor, i think they can hv another round of 'Real' Demo infront of u guyz again... Hehehe... Jus like what B18C-R mentioned la... He let him smacked kao de window with a stick with nail on it... I think some of us got de video clip... But forgot who liao... Mind to share, members?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
i got the clip.. but forgot where i saved..hahahahahha... let me check.

law and the rest of mlocians,
if you are planning a trip to llumar let me know as you will have to make an appointment (if you are planning to instal)..i can bring you guys there !! coz it's not that far from my workplace. since i was one of the first batch of evo ever installed the llumar...hehehe.. a group installation maybe can get a good packaged!!!

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
ANy 1 got LLumar Tmn Tun Contact ??? I am asking on behalf of my fren ...he wan to do it for his H Jazz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the Paris Motor Show looming around the corner at around a week away, Peugeot have dropped some shots of their concept vehicle that will be unveiled at Paris.

The concept, dubbed the EX1, was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience