Levin twinpot brake mod success: Thanks tmcc, nnik..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Also not forgetting 7Heaven, eg9, and all others forummers who's previous thread and postings gave me the first insight on how to modify my seg front brake.
Next step, to save money for rear disk brake pulak....

Question to ask all twinpot users:
My brakes seem to groan loudly from 160km/h to zero braking. I still have the ABS connected and can hear the brakes pulsating under hard braking. But even after braking, the brake caliper seems to still be pulsating and gripping the brake disk. The noise will be gone after driving about 50 to 100meters.
(using pads from halfcut brakes. Still 60% left)
Is this noise normal?? the noise does not happen on 80km/h to zero braking.:confused_smile:
Please advise.

Thank you..

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
disc brake didn't mounted properly? or did u skim ur disc brake earlier? the disc brake cover behind touched ur disc brake issit? :)

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Didn't Skim..
Brake cover not touching disk.
Friend of mine suggested to get caliper rebuild kit.
Where to get for Levin.? Order from Toyota?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
2pot

bro,
how's your brake? still the same... done rebuilt?

i'm also using 2pot front.. i think it's from MR2, and levin rear disc. mated with Bendix Gold for front and Bendix Plus for rear. i didn't faced any sound problem when braking, at any speed.
but my problem is that, if really hard braking whereby it's starts to lock... i feel the right side will locked first compared to the left. i have to counter hard to the left whenever this happen. faced a dangerous situation once in Senawang due to this, and luckly manage to control... coz there Waja on the right side and motorbike in front of me... thank GOD, manage to stop perfectly.
anybody have any idea on this?

sorry for get to add... mine is without ABS

Last edited:

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Now I just try to modulate while braking. ABS old version already, not very good like newer ABS systems. Sound not so bad if don't hentam the brakes.
Unbalanced calipers, brake pad wear out faster at one caliper only.... need to rebuild the caliper seals....
Anybody have info on this issue?
thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are tuners out there that do the just what their title implies, tuning up vehicles with bumps up in power and ensuring that all the supporting hardware and software can sope with the added power. Then there are tuners like John Hennessey. The sheer lunacy of some of the vehicles that come out of his shop make just begs so many questions...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience