Kleemen Kompressor unit to be used in SRM 1.8 Campro

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
anybody read the story..?? it's inside utusan malaysia today....if in that case...i guest SRM will have a good punching power....

Saga Continue said:
anybody read the story..?? it's inside utusan malaysia today....if in that case...i guest SRM will have a good punching power....

sure boh? if true then I bet people will still mod it to be faster even though it's OEM supercharged....

I'll buy the car!!!! I want to punch the lights outta someone!!!!

haha... is juz a touch up by "kle"... a little tuned, juz like our engine tuned by lutos b4. but better than nothing... or better than campro... :wink:

Hope they fortify the basic Campro internals and design the ECU from ground up before bolting on the blower. Remember the early days of EON Motorsports' bolt-on turbos? Many unfortunate owners had their pistons melting due to the lack of tuning and strengthening by EON. This was later resolved but the lesson was still a painful one.

It is an exciting thought, but I remain extremely sceptical.

Supercharging a yet-to-be-released SRM and non-existent 1.8 CAMPRO engine would hardly increase Proton's lagging sales. Nor will it improve its bleeding image in the long run.

Yes, it would no doubt open some eyes, especially of enthusiasts like us, but the question is would this have effect over the long term? Will it be the source of a 'second wind' for Proton, to survive?

I don't think so.

Translated version of the Utusan Malaysia article with comments here. (tak sia-sia belajar BM kat sekolah!)

just wonder how much Proton plan to sell SRM with the 1.8 Kleemen supercharged CAMPRO engine, RM80K? RM100K? just curious.

Who knows man? We'll know if all this is true next week at the Kleemann launch.

i'm juz wondering they buy SC from kleemen or juz buy the parts n assemble here.. this will make me think twice or more to decide whether want to buy it or some other well tuned OEM car..

I think it's best to just wait and see, huh? No point assuming.

gen2 campro also dun have ..jz a normal engine

now telling us campro with klemann?

fuhyoo... supercharged 1.8L campro... can do something if installed on little car like SRM... wonder if R3 can do anymore wonders with the OEM supercharged engine... perhaps turbocharged the supercharger??... hehe... can fly adi leh...

anyway, must see the SRm design first lo... if look no good (like shit) buy also no use la... better get a halfcut and mod ur current car... after transplant got money do other upgrade some more...

a very positive step from proton indeed. but i wonder why klemann instead when proton owns lotus? lotus cant built a supercharger?

btw do you all know that every SGTI in UK comes with dealer fit supercharger as an option? i read in Autocar UK 5 or 6 years ago that it was capable of increasing power output from 133bhp to about 180bhp. (dear mr yong, i'lll show u the article of standard SGTI producing 133bhp soon; manufacturer figure back in 1998).

one more thing to think about...if really proton needs a supercharger to increase engine output i strongly believe there's no such thing as Campro 'VTEC' :D

even if its gonna be realised may not be in the near future. maybe in 2015. i'll be 41 then. ha ha ha..

eh, but life begins at 40 isnt it?:lol:

Last edited:
I'd say Proton isnt very confident with Lotus on building them a compressor since their reputation are build is heavily build on their Handling system ( correct me if i'm wrong )... other then that collaberating with kleeman is a good step forward for Proton.. seems Proton had enough with Japanese automobile makers???...
SRM sound very powerful... does the engine comes with campro and compressor??

Top Bottom