KKS Autocross Championship 2005 - Round 2

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
KKS Autocross Championship 2005 - Round 3

The KKS Autocross Championship 2005 series is back with Round 3 of the event scheduled to run on the 22nd May 2005. Changes to this round means it is now a club championship series with no racing licenses required.

With the exception of the Suzuki Swifts of Ian Khong and Asrol and the MR2 of Mickey Teoh, the previous two rounds has been largely dominated by the Lotuses with Marcus Chye currently the championship leader with 3 rounds remaining.

Classes:
Class 1 Below 850 c.c.
Class 2 851 c.c. to 1,000 c.c.
Class 3 1,001 c.c. to 1,300 c.c.
Class 4 1,301 c.c. to 1,600 c.c.
Class 5 1,601 c.c. to 1,800 c.c.
Class 6 1,801 c.c. to 2,000 c.c.
Class 7 Sports cars
Class 8 Open (This class includes open wheelers and specials but not karts)

In previous rounds there were only 1 competitor in Class 2, 2 in Class 3 and 1 in Class 4 while the Lotuses were in Class 7 and 8.

For further information, refer to the ASR posted below.
KKS Autocross Championship 2005 ASR
Round 2 Newsletter

Last edited:

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Hehehe if my car ready I might join also. If not I'll be there either as timekeeper or photographer.

Guys, entry forms are attached together with the ASR. Entry fee is RM150, club membership for one event is RM5.

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
julianpang said:
Lotus is 1.8. Canken now has already upgraded to 1.8 Putra, formerly owned by a champion. No more wimpy 1.6 Satria.
Wah... nice... 1.8 turbo? but RM150 still steep huh?

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
canken, no worries lar... Lotus all in Sports car catagory. The class 1 to 6 are for saloon cars.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
I think the entry fees been reduced. Last time if I remember correctly it's RM200 for non-members.

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
MK84 said:
Hehehe if my car ready I might join also. If not I'll be there either as timekeeper or photographer.

Guys, entry forms are attached together with the ASR. Entry fee is RM150, club membership for one event is RM5.

Wow!..price reduced...No Need Racing License!
No Need 1 Year Motorsports Club Membership?
I also joining lor....very fun lar guys...just like SSO (Grassroot Motorsport)
Are you ready for it...?VVVrrrrooom...

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
MRMIC2 said:
Wow!..price reduced...No Need Racing License!
No Need 1 Year Motorsports Club Membership?
I also joining lor....very fun lar guys...just like SSO (Grassroot Motorsport)
Are you ready for it...?VVVrrrrooom...
Me too looking forward to this. I heard no need 1 year Motorsports Club membership. Just RM150 + RM5 (for 1 day membership).

Are you going for open class?

Ok...I guess I will see you there.

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Sounds fine. But lower the price even better, hahaha :) I guess better than racing around ss14 subang jaya a&w and risk car being confiscated over the weekend. Really i think everyone can bring what u drive. And i think cars with more than one of the following items shud have a much better reason to enter lor : ngang engine, ngang suspension, ngang rims, ngang tuners, ngang exhaust etc... so dat can know that the money that is spent at chop shops and shops along Jln Horsepower, Sunway is well worth it :) :D

MK, Can one enter more than 1 class in the event?

Guys, do you think Tom shud start a new forum titled : Autocross/ Streetshootout?

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
KillerB said:
Guys, do you think Tom shud start a new forum titled : Autocross/ Streetshootout?
I second that! :D It can be Autocross/Autokhana/Gymkhana section.

I believe you can enter two classes, if your car is eligible. Like enter Class 6 plus Open. Have to pay twice. Let me confirm.

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
Mr KillerB,

the most important factor is still 'ngang" driver which you are, undisputely in 1.8 class. looks like this round gonna be invaded by Team Furtive:D

KillerB said:
Sounds fine. But lower the price even better, hahaha :) I guess better than racing around ss14 subang jaya a&w and risk car being confiscated over the weekend. Really i think everyone can bring what u drive. And i think cars with more than one of the following items shud have a much better reason to enter lor : ngang engine, ngang suspension, ngang rims, ngang tuners, ngang exhaust etc... so dat can know that the money that is spent at chop shops and shops along Jln Horsepower, Sunway is well worth it :) :D

MK, Can one enter more than 1 class in the event?

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
canken2 said:
Mr KillerB,

the most important factor is still 'ngang" driver
Grassroots racing, one have to start from somewhere rite? So, u've got a car, u've got urself, give urself some faith n trust, leave the ego at home and let's go racing. Even if one doesn't do well for the first time, at least these events give u a chance to understand the handling of ur car better and know the limits of your driving - to make u a safer driver. One example - MRMIC handles his MR2 really well now compared to when he first got it, rite? And i think it's really hard to drive an MR2 fast, though, it is easy to drive a fast MR2, hahaha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guyz, I drive a satria 4G93. When I rev it to more than 3.5k and release the pedal, my RPM will drop till almost 200rpm then return back to normal bout 700 to 800 rpm. Sometimes the idles will stay at there.
Anyone got any advice?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience