Kancil 850 Turbo..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Hello again..

I just wanna inform u guyz that my co-worker currently playing Plug n play with his Kancil 850..

the specs are :

- L2 head, turbine, intercooler, computer box
- stock/standard piston, con rod, crankshaft, bottom..

i've told him about the engine internal is not too strong.. but he still wanna go on with it

Any advice u guyz wanna give him?

:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hahaha.. i've seen him in action..

sure kaw-kaw tekan..

anywayz, how much boost u guyz think it's save for this 'hybrid'?

0.5 bar? i think..

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Ya me too. As long as not exceed 1.0 bar is still ok. If tekan kaw-kaw, 0.5 bar also can pecah.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
my bro in law also did the same thing, dunno car out from workshop edi or not?
need sifu papagoines to elaborate more on this...

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

can turbo use n/a pistons (high compression)?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

haiya bro... no sifu la...

but from my fren, its ok as long as boosting below 0.5bar... but don't revv more than 6krpm.... get a oil squirters for the pistons as well

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

yes, u definitely can, iam using dis setup in d charade iam working on now. i call it a no-drama setup, lol. just boost and go jer

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think it is fine... General rule of thumb is keep 0.4 bar and below. 0.5 is risky already. For a bit more detail concerning flow, hit up bro xtremeleo.
Also, don't forget metal head gasket. Thicker ones, >1.2mm better.

Update us please!!!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
haiya bro... no sifu la...

but from my fren, its ok as long as boosting below 0.5bar... but don't revv more than 6krpm.... get a oil squirters for the pistons as well
oil squirters rnt necessary, good oil is

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I think it is fine... General rule of thumb is keep 0.4 bar and below. 0.5 is risky already. For a bit more detail concerning flow, hit up bro xtremeleo.
Also, don't forget metal head gasket. Thicker ones, >1.2mm better.

Update us please!!!
id get a 1.8mm, or better yet a 2mm

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro... Yes la.. but if the gasket too thick, wouldn't the low end torque suffer a bit? I mean before the boost kick in...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the high compression pistons will take care when boost is off, plus there is a way to tune for response for this kinda setup :)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
the high compression pistons will take care when boost is off, plus there is a way to tune for response for this kinda setup :)
So for low boost, the combination should be something like:

high comp pistons + thicker gasket

or

lower comp piston + not so thick gasket

is it?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if tight budget..stock 850cc piston+thick gasket...

and pray for the conrod to withstand the pressure....boost not to exceed 0.6bar...if boost spiked during heavy acceleration..pray hard.... :biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
oil squirters rnt necessary, good oil is

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

id get a 1.8mm, or better yet a 2mm
thanks for the heads up bro xtremeleo (see DanzEterna, me no sifu la) .... but then oil squirter + a good oil is better rite?

...I'm having a chat before with lots of ol timer of kei-car.... some them race them on the track for the heck of it... they say, 660cc stroke is ideal.. any longer it'll make the top end suffer... even in japan, they max out at 719cc stroke...

...izzit true?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
oil squirters+good oil is definitely better sir

about the stroke thing, i have a feeling u know better. the thing about me is, id go for a setup dat can provide most torque, preferably dat flats high, lol. my setup is always to create an all rounder setup, high end hp isnt dat fun to drive compared to a high torque machine imo

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
yup.. that the thing when conversing with a track otai haha

but, if you read some malaysian kei-car forum, they tend to use 850cc/1000cc block to get high hp rating.... at first lotsa drag otais do dis, but somehow all started to follow trend in their street machine... all for the sake of so call respect among peers... but in the end falls back to 660cc block..

for example, a fren of mine who is a novice dragster just use 660cc block with bigger turbo + an adj fuel regulator manage to beat some of those big blocks @ sdb last year...just that he have to revv kaw2 (something that a 660cc block are famed for...), which he admit is not very good for the street

bro d7zul, you can hooked up with bro flamefox, a jaded zth forumer who is famous for 850 turbo street kancil... here he might be dormant but you can see his nick active in a few malaysian kei-car specific forum

oil squirters+good oil is definitely better sir

about the stroke thing, i have a feeling u know better. the thing about me is, id go for a setup dat can provide most torque, preferably dat flats high, lol. my setup is always to create an all rounder setup, high end hp isnt dat fun to drive compared to a high torque machine imo

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
short blocks are making high hp from the revv, dats y u need to revv it sky high, not my cuppa tea. i prefer to get a longer block, and revv it moderately. i lazy to change gear ler

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
short blocks are making high hp from the revv, dats y u need to revv it sky high, not my cuppa tea. i prefer to get a longer block, and revv it moderately. i lazy to change gear ler
same as me... once i've drove a wira diesel that have bolt-on turbo kit... luv it to bits.... felt like gear ratio aren't necessary....

but then, the reason i've posted about short-block vs long-block because i don't want bro d7zul fren to lose objective and regret later...

lots of kancil turbo owner who converted to long-block just because of gila kuasa... all wanted max hp, revv it kaw2 until con-rod putus, block bocor etc....

IMHO, if bro d7zul fren wants max hp aka dyno/drag queen... better go for short block with big turbo... if want to have mountainous and flat torque curve as bro xtremeleo sez, be moderate with the boost and revv

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
thanx guyz..

i'll print this thread & give it to him .. hohoho..

thanx again :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A mere 3 weeks since the all new 2009 GT-R was delivered to dealerships in Japan, the top premier Nissan tuner, MINE'S has already come out with a line up of performance aftermarket parts for the Godzilla. Some how the math doesn't add up how in the hell they pulled it off so fast but lets just imagine that Mine's president Niikura-san made his employees work day and night without sleep to get these products...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience