JDM Civic and Local Civic

EKCrazy

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
wah..mahal juga la.... :<
so better get one civic with a B series staraight away..

edy7311

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
EKCrazy said:
if civic wit ori b-series, also mahai.. but wit converts vtec dohc, can get cheaper and also pricely! try survey in car for sale there.. got many variety of ej/ek! :X-:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
EKCrazy said:
Depends.. I wouldn't say that buying a civic that has undergone conversion to be a wise decision either..

Imagine buying.. then gasket leak, rubber seal leak, then transmission problem, then etc. etc. Then you will start wasting money repairing each problem as they come.

If convert yourself, it will cost a lot more initially, but after conversion, you don't have to worry about leaks or worn parts, since you already checked everything when the engine is out of da halfcut.

Still, unless you know the guy personally (his driving & maintainance habits) when you buy the car.. I don't think a converted one is a good choice.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hattech-v said:
yes... build the machine from zero is the best.. plus the knowledge that u will gain...
I got an offer for a (good-cond, his mechanic told me) B16B powered SR4 before I bought my current one, but too bad the owner jual mahal.. It was so expensive, I can buy an SR4, plonk in a Type R, then buy a B20 block after that and pay someone to do the VTEC fuel feed.... Gila!

Finally.. he's still driving that car coz nobody wanted to buy (I think he didn't really want to sell). ROFL!

Still if he could have given 5K less.. I'd have said yes! Still I didn't really think he was a serious seller anyway.. asked him for a copy of the 'geran' also took him almost a month.

Last edited:

c00lric

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Guys,

Doin' the conversion will still depends on the condition of the engine from da halfcut and also the mechanic that's gonna do da conversion. A good n healthy engine and a good mechanic will has less problem. Still u hav spend money fixing it later. I hav frens being thru that. So i would say everything has it pros & cons. It just a matter how much u hav for buyin' the car and da time u hav for doin' da conversion.

P/S: Never ever rush ur mechanic. hehehehe.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
well... you pay peanuts you get monkey mechanic... better find a mechanic who's not a monkey!

c00lric

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Shiro san,

True. I agreeon that but Monkey mechanics or not, i think it kinda depends on luck 2. Even for new cars , we do get hiccups like this also. :)

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
not only hiccup on the car.. sometime the SA also 'janji' maximum! Then... later.. excuses, excuses, excuses.

But usually, before attempting conversion... search for a good mechanic, make him a friend, ask him to look over the halfcut, or ask him to source one from his connections.. For mine, his halfcut shop friend gave me two weeks of warranty of test driving the engine in my car (not including the time taken for my conversion/front end work/paint, which is about a month, if anything breaks, replace, even the block is covered.. of course, stock ecu only lah... if not stock.. he won't give warranty!

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Well.. I do think that the old school civics look better than the new gen.. but some people like the 'new' status of the newer gens.

X-Koma

Dec 18, 2004
crower75 said:
quite a powerful engine......given the right mods to it
D15 engine is the 3 stage economy engine, i think..... if that is the same engine i experience, it is useless! no power at all, sound like diesel. basically it is for those who are concern about fuel economy.

just my 2 cents.... :>

EKCrazy

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
for a 96 SOHC Vtec engine, what is it called?is it powerful or damn lembik?

X-Koma

Dec 18, 2004
EKCrazy said:
for a 96 SOHC Vtec engine, what is it called?is it powerful or damn lembik?

it depend which coded engine you have, the lembit SOHC is the 1.5 VTEC E (E = economy)

p/s: temple of vtec (forum) has some description.... :>

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

NAm considering switching to these 2 cars, sick & tired of searching high & low to mod my current ride. Also bcoz of unforeseen work requirement, would definitely need to swap my ride for something more elegant & presentable.

Have read about both the cars mentioned but I'm still confused & really appreciate some advice here on the followings:

Audi A4 B7
1. Transmission - is it true that the S-Line Quattro version comes with 6 speed while other versions comes with 7...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience