Is this replaceable?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

wideawake

Known Member
Hi guys,

Need some opinions here. Is this part of the car exchangeable? (See attached pic)
It is the metal horizontal bar where your radiator, hood locks and headlights.

Mine got bent cause of a minor accident. The results, my headlights don't align properly now. I know can ketuk2 the thing, but I know the result won't be as satisfying as getting a perfectly shaped bar.

Please shed some light.

Thanks.

Azli

that's part of the chasis wor, can change wan meh? i dun think so lor, unless you ketuk it.

can be replace...those knocking n spraying shopcan do for u..if workmanship is good, ketuk oso can give good result!

i wrecked mine after an accident...changed the whole bar n that's it...

drill the weld (about 4 spotwelds) and weld one from a halfcut.

It's called radiator supporter. Yes, it can be replaced easily.

Hmm... can be replaced but need to do some unwelding and welding. I think I better let the ketuk shop do it lar...

Hmm... can be replaced but need to do some unwelding and welding. I think I better let the ketuk shop do it lar...

Originally posted by wideawake@Jan 17 2005, 10:53
Actually, it all depends on the level of damage and misalignment on it. If the frame has been altered too much like this:

post-17-1105802298.jpg

Better have it replaced, save the hassels of going through several days and yet can't find out which part is running off the alignment.

Originally posted by Hikaru+Jan 17 2005, 11:20 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hikaru @ Jan 17 2005, 11:20 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wideawake@Jan 17 2005, 10:53
Actually, it all depends on the level of damage and misalignment on it. If the frame has been altered too much like this:

post-17-1105802298.jpg

Better have it replaced, save the hassels of going through several days and yet can't find out which part is running off the alignment. [/b][/quote]
sigh...my saga's radiator subframe still in mis-alignment.. :( spent 1.6k but gave me a lousy work...!#$%^&*(*&%

Originally posted by yiheng85+Jan 18 2005, 09:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yiheng85 @ Jan 18 2005, 09:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Hikaru@Jan 17 2005, 11:20
<!--QuoteBegin-wideawake
@Jan 17 2005, 10:53

post-17-1105802298.jpg

Better have it replaced, save the hassels of going through several days and yet can't find out which part is running off the alignment.
sigh...my saga's radiator subframe still in mis-alignment.. :( spent 1.6k but gave me a lousy work...!#$%^&*(*&% [/b][/quote]
I feel your pain, yiheng85. It's really a pain in the ass after spending so much money but can't get things right. :(

workmanship is another key factor as well. It's extremely important to make sure that the arch frame on each side is aligned before have the radiator supporter welded on each side. I have seen some done in clean job which is as good as OEM, but some are poorly welded on. <_<

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom