Invicta S1, the 1st sport car for vision impaired!!~

mohalw

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
Malaysia
Duno is real or fake, just gt this news from 1 old magazine, say that this sport car is for vision impaired....But still want to share out this car details coz interesting!!~ :biggrin:

Car pics

Engine n Performance!!~

Fundamental to Invicta’s desire to deliver no-compromise performance in terms of handling balance and sheer speed, was the decision to mount the S1’s engine and gearbox well back in the chassis and the 100-litre fuel tank transversely between the rear wheels, to achieve close to the ideal 50/50 front/rear weight distribution.

Fitted with Invicta’s own air-intake and exhaust systems, the 4.6-litre engine powering the S1 is supplied by Ford’s Special Vehicle Team (SVT) in America. The all-aluminium, 32-valve V8 weighs just 240 kilos and produces 320 bhp and 300 lb ft of torque. Light, smooth-revving and ultra-reliable, this engine promises to deliver stunning acceleration in the 1100 kg S1 – which is more than 300 kg lighter than the Ford Mustang Cobra which uses the same engine in the USA. Each engine is hand-built at Ford’s SVT facility and carries a plaque signed by the two technicians responsible for its assembly.

The completely flat floor of the S1 and the rising rear undertray give low-drag and generate downforce. Calculations predict that the S1 will accelerate from 0-to-60 mph in five seconds, to 100 mph in under 11 seconds, and will comfortably exceed 170 mph when road conditions permit. The combination of high power, massive torque and low weight is a recipe for good fuel economy and Invicta calculates that the S1 will return 25 mpg overall, giving a comfortable 500 mile range from the 21.9 gallon (100-litre) fuel tank.

Safety!!~

The Invicta S1 spaceframe chassis is believed to be the strongest ever tested by UK car safety officials. The carbon composite semi-monocoque construction of the S1 bonds carbon fibre floor panels above and beneath the steel tube frame and also incorporates many safety features including: side-impact bars, rear-impact beam, seats positioned within the steel frame chassis, a full roll-over safety cage and Kevlar reinforcement of the doors, front and rear bumpers and windscreen surround.

Invicta wanted the S1’s appearance to reflect its commitment to building a no-compromise sportscar in which performance and handling take priority, but practicality and comfort are not forgotten. Engineering decisions, about dimensions, engine location and weight distribution came first and body styling followed. Designer Leigh Adams and his Automotive Design & Prototyping (ADP) studio say they regard the Invicta S1 as “an excellent opportunity to use the ‘timeless classic’ bold proportions of a high body-side and a sleek glass area, so appreciated by autophiles and designers since the lowered-roof cars of the 1950s.”

Interior!!~

Details taken from http://www.invictacar.com. Enjoy!!~ :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bro's,

Need your assistance to provide me on some information about my car.

I own A Proton Perdana SEi 1998,

The issue here is,
I just got this car 5 months ago from my bro in law, and know less abt it.
I don't know what engine it is and it's a manual transmission Gbox.
The clutch Pad and the Gbox has an obvious marks of welding (Signs of convert)
It has the 2000 yr V6 Leather seats also has the feet rest as though it was a Auto transmission car before.

I went to many Workshop's but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience