Inexspensive solutions and where to upgrade a little on my little Neo.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Greetings all,

Just need some sound advice on spending hard earned dosh on inexspensive upgrades for a little more oomph.

Anyone has a reliable guy that does good and inexspensive exhaust?

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
Re: Inexspencive solutions and where to upgrade a little on my little Neo.

urmm...no such thing as inexpensive exhaust if you really want good power and value. Just don't ever go to those package exhaust joints. S bends mufflers are the safest bet to power gains but installation of the rest of the piping has to be good as well, especially around the joints. Another is to upgrade your OEM air filter with a OEM replacement like the one offered by K&N. For about RM300 and being washable it will save you a lot on the long run with a reliable power gain.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com

true , u wan a budget exhaust be prepared for higher fc and no differents in power but sure got sound , well a good exhaust starts from the extractor ryt to the muffler , i dunnoe but u can try everco in sunway they seem ok and their prices is sure scheaper then other performance shop or if u really want performance upgarde go to speedworks pj should cost u about rm1k for a complete performance exhaust from hotbits.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009

Thank you sir. I know Everco...so I guess I should go to Hotbits...thought all extractors work give it a bit more power. Guess I was wrong again...

Bump: How about fuel regulators? Has anyone tried it? Does it work? Saw a HKS one which was around RM199...

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Thank you sir. I know Everco...so I guess I should go to Hotbits...thought all extractors work give it a bit more power. Guess I was wrong again...

Bump: How about fuel regulators? Has anyone tried it? Does it work? Saw a HKS one which was around RM199...
Everco is good for OEM replacements. Hot bits is a better bet for performance. Just avoid those exhaust shops that says "Tak tipu punya!!!"

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
But sadly bro, power never comes cheap. Fix a budget for yourself and go for what you can afford. Say no to chicken brands, air filter RM160 for Apexi is resonable and proven.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
for minor mods... most ppl will go for the intake and exhaust upgrades for the best value for your money against the performance gain.

it is quite easy for a S/Neo to get around 110hp on wheel with just intake n exhaust upgrades.. which cost under RM2k. That is about 15hp gain already.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
for minor mods... most ppl will go for the intake and exhaust upgrades for the best value for your money against the performance gain.

it is quite easy for a S/Neo to get around 110hp on wheel with just intake n exhaust upgrades.. which cost under RM2k. That is about 15hp gain already.
I second that~ in fact it applies for any car provided it is done properly.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Thank you all so much...I guess I have to dig alittle deeper into my pockets.

Bump: Question for the sifus..anyone used a fuel regulator..does it work? And does it effect the CPU?

Bump: Question for the sifus..anyone used a fuel regulator..does it work? And does it effect the CPU?

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you all so much...I guess I have to dig alittle deeper into my pockets.

not really so deep lah~ for 1.2k you will get a good performance exhaust system from manifold all the way to tip. Just make sure you choose the right place to do it. Burn hole in pocket but does not burn rubber will make your heart burn more. :smokin:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
AFPR is for u to adjust the fuel return pressure... the purpose is to make the injector spray pattern a bit more misty/broader with slightly higher pressure... some ppl use to adjust or fine tune the A/F mixture... but only to a certain extent...

this mod is useful if u have done up the internals like running on higher displacement or running on high compression pistons.. otherwise the performance increase would be minimal...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
you are welcomed..

in fact i have a set of the Works Stage 2 AFPR and the Aluminium Fuel Rail for Campro engine to let go... good stuff n brad new item...

just let me know if u are interested... :driver:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
you are welcomed..

in fact i have a set of the Works Stage 2 AFPR and the Aluminium Fuel Rail for Campro engine to let go... good stuff n brad new item...

just let me know if u are interested... :driver:
Urmmm...he did say inexpensive solutions~ I think stage 2 is a wee bit extreme on the piggy bank ya. :wavey:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
heheh... erm.. expensive or not depends on how u perceive the value of money... for some ppl RM1000 is small money... and maybe for some other ppl.. RM1000 is like able to buy the whole car like that... heheh

anyway just to let ppl know mah.. who knows other ppl see my posting n come get something from me mah... :smokin:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah Achme...Guan loaded...hehe...

I saw this in an ad...air compressor...does it work a little...this is more my budget. Sifu...I'm not like trying to make my car something it's not meant to be...just a little more fun to drive...so a little oomph..I'll be contented....wished I had the money for a performance car...sigh....

Last edited:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
no la.. i'm just a poor bloke...:bawling:

air compressor?? this is what we call "air-leaker"... useless piece of junk.

Yaa yaaa.... actually it looks more like a miniature Indah water water pressure regulator...those you see at the roadside jutting out in Blue with the pressure meter on top. Just that this one is in chrome~ heeheehee.... I dont get it, wht the hell is the thing used for??

Dont waste your time on some hardware shop items lah~ If you want quick, simple reliable power @ fun sumbat a surbo laaa..... less than RM300 and no extra piping or intercooler needed. It feed only 0.3bar.... which is very mild but very much value for ringgit spent.

I test drove a few cars that had those things installed~ a old wira 1.3, a civic 1.3 carb, and even one GTi..... of course the owners are not really speed freaks, but love the occasional heel and toe, full throttle~ 2 out of 3 says it improved their FC too.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
surbo will only improve the low end torque a bit... n thats how u get better FC with driving smoother... but it will create restriction on the high end rpm range and cause slower top speed.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Update for thanks for you all sifus...

I did my exhaust and intake already...feels so much better....FC of course suffer a bit. A bit noisy also... wife started complaining its a little Beng already! HAha.

Well, its my toy..so any sifus has suggestions on the next inexspensive mod?

A Post Every 5 Mins

Some of my friends advised me to do engine flushing more often.

Some say its bad to do engine flushing..

BTW engine flushing is normally done by pouring a can of engine flush fluid into the engine and let it run for 5 to 10 minutes before draining the engine oil and replaced it with new engine oil.

So, kindly share your experiences and views on whether engine flushing is good or bad for the engine
and possible the reasons behind it....:idea::driver::listen::hmmmm2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience