ice setup need some serious help...newbie here !!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ravingill

500 RPM
hye guys , firstly really appreciate all the help u guys giv me as this info will help me a lot...thx in advance !!

ok i am planing to set up a simple sound system for my 1979 ke30 toyota corolla !!

the car fuel tank is in the boot....so i have no access frm my rear seat to da boot...the tank is there.....and i also dun ahve speaker bracket on my door panel as this car is old and those days they did make brackest for doors....

i only have space for 6x9 speakers at the back speaker board....

guys i am not planing tom spend a lot of money just need a simple and good sounding system....

need u all help me recomend good player and good speakers for my car....also need to noe how to add more speakers.....andwhere to install the amp and all...also if i want a woofer how do i install it since my fuel tank is blocking....its complicated guys help me !!

thx a lot....for ur help:shcokedcamo

There is a small hole between your back seat and your boot for cables to go through. You might wanna open the back seat and have a look at it. But if you said the fuel tank is in between your back seat and the boot, then it risky to run cables through them.

You can install a small amp below your seat. As for bracket for speaker, you can actually make one from MDF or buy a plastic ones at the shop. You might want to open your door panel and see if there is a gap hole for you to mount your speaker.

Normally cables in the old car are badly corrosive, so you might wanna spend some money to change it just to be safe.

there are holes that u can pass the cables to the back at the sides of the gas tank behind the seat. once u take out the seat u can find them. not a big problem, have done many cars like this. my old crown also same like this. door brackets can be built up with mdf board, small matter. of coz if u wanna DIY everything then it might be lot of headache if you dont have the experience, but professional installers deal with old cars all the time, just a matter of who has more experience and does better work.

Last edited:
okies guys...im planing to go to shop and do it but dunoe who is good and cheap dun wan kena kutuk and spend so much....and guys wad system do u all recomend by da way.....i just want a simple system....but a good one....pls help on this...

appleyard > dun worry bro im gona use new wiring for my sound sytem ....none of it is gona be the old one.....thx a lot

zenn >> thx for the info....im nt gona diy just wana learn and understand it before i go o shop scared kena kutuk wo...ha ha,,,thx a lot

bump for the day

if u wan cheap and can blast la.....
i saw my fren installed 4chnel taiwanese amp and 4 chapbalang speaker...and a pioneer player.....include all wiring.....RM850 still got baki.....
now tat set....better than my JVC player with soundstream speaker without amp ah~!!!

locate in puchong.....bro u r where ppl?

i from bangsar bro....actually abt the system i so not worried on wad to get...i just want to noe the best way to install to ma car.....thn i will plan according to budget on how much to spend on speaker amp...player all...but ur info was helpfull....bro thx a lot !!

bump

well budget below 1k
and i dunoe weather shall i put woofer or nt...bcoz of my fuel tank problem and the car is old....wad u guys think ....

since youre in bangsar then u can pay a visit to the more reputable shops in pj/damansara like KF, KKlau, ACP, CV, etc, then after talking to them u can get a rough idea..

okies thx...where exactly is this shops....more details on thm....and their workmanship would be sueful bro..thx a lot for the current info !!

acp in ss2 next to big police station
kklau in ss3 near tmn bahagia lrt
kf audio in aman suria near dataran prima/tropicana
cv in damansara utama and kuchai lama

thx bro....i go to ss2 often go makan at murni ss2 ha ha ha...well will go check out tht shop first thn...thx bro...anyone wana giv more ideas more thn welcome

bump for today

if youre dropping by ACP go look for ah bee and tell him zenn sent u, hehe...

okies bro...no prob might go this week....a bit busy with college work at the moment but as soon as i get time i will go .....anyone else wana tell me anything i need to noe abt ice before i do my system up....i could use even the smallest mode of help !!!

thx so far guys been great help !!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom