I wonder..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rizal_eg9

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
Good Day guys,

I'm not really a big fan off SIC.(don't have enough money to go the often as compare to BTSC). hehe. But i'm just wondering why with all the nice setups,layout and well prep facilities,not to mention the corners,they do not come out with a cool name for the corners. It is always refer to as turn 1,2,3 etc. front straight or back straight. (if there is, sorry for my ignorance)

Unlike BTSC u have snakes, shell straight, new loop, lucas loop ( one off the best ), rothmans corner. It just lack off something when it don't have a cool name.What do you guys think.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Rizal,

Unlike legendary circuits like Brands Hatch (where some corners were named after racing heroes like Clark, Hill, Surtees) and Spa-Francorchamps (they have cool names too like Eau Roge, and Blanchimont) and Nurburgring Norsrdschleife (Karroussel) , Sepang Circuit have numbers to denote the corners.

However I recall during the 1999 Formula 1 GP the corners were named after sponsors, which actually was how those corners you mention at BT3 got their names. Rothman for example was renamed Lucky Strike during the early Motorcyle GP days in the early 90's.

Personally I'd have the turns name after Racing heroes.

If It was up to me I'd rename Turn 5/6 after Senna, Senna's Esses?

And T 12 after Schuey ( anyone seen that guy's on board shot in qualifying, correcting mid corner while goin oh-so-fast?)

And 7&8 after Vale Rossi , and T9 after Nicky Hayden ( never seen anyone enter that turn as sideways as he did on 2 wheels)

rizal_eg9

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
Those corners name for the corners was for the first F1 race. Sound really stupid. glad they get rid off those.

rizal_eg9

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
Faisal,

Yup. we don't have big heroes to name the corners after. but they come out with pretty cool name for BTSC. Even most off the corners on other tracks is not name after a legend. stove and the hangar straight for example in silverstone sounds cool. I guess it is just down to no sponsor like you mentioned for rothmans corner aka lucky strike corner in BTSC.

By the way, who have had the privillege negotiating the old lucas without the new loop in BTSC. How does it feels like??? I'm sure it must be pretty scarry.

By the way HAYDEN is cool man. but i think i prefer BEN BOSTROM. he looks more scary. His elbow will be really low almost touching the track.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
They had names. Like that pic shows. But not memorable names. Personally I name the corners after whoever went off bigtime there. :D

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
arent the corners named after malaysian attributres. like i think there is a langkawi corner somewhere..no?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
rizal_eg9 said:
Faisal,

Yup. we don't have big heroes to name the corners after. but they come out with pretty cool name for BTSC. Even most off the corners on other tracks is not name after a legend. stove and the hangar straight for example in silverstone sounds cool. I guess it is just down to no sponsor like you mentioned for rothmans corner aka lucky strike corner in BTSC.

By the way, who have had the privillege negotiating the old lucas without the new loop in BTSC. How does it feels like??? I'm sure it must be pretty scarry.

By the way HAYDEN is cool man. but i think i prefer BEN BOSTROM. he looks more scary. His elbow will be really low almost touching the track.
Ben Bostrom.. Too bad he didn't do too well to progress from SBK to MotoGP. Really liked his Ducati 916/998 colours, Red with blue stripes (forgotten the sponsor). I still remember his "Captain America" outfit when he raced in the US round. way cool.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Hahaha I think more than that ler. Even the Amprex Lambo went off there once (360-ed). But most memorable has to be Kenboy's teammate mid-air flip.

rizal_eg9

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
mid-air flip!!!I can still remember the hyper racing ek doing the very same thing at the end off shell straight back then. Poor Halim drove straight into the pit i think after getting the first class seat watchin the mid air flip

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
MK, u suppose to get me a copy of the video!. u do have it on video yes??

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
MK84 said:
They had names. Like that pic shows. But not memorable names. Personally I name the corners after whoever went off bigtime there. :D
wahaha
turn 9 hair pin = simon's [pussy]hairpin
haha
but overall,i think the whole sepang track corners will be named after me
hahahhahahahahah
p/s:lousy driver here

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
wah name every corner after some make a big boo boo or accidentn or interest actions... kekeke

turn 9, Kenari MME Corner
Turn 6, 4th gear Dori Corner
Turn 12, Amprex/ Kenboy Corner
Turn 7, MK84 Corner

Something to that tune lah.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey dude,

Please give me your advise. Currently I just bought 2.0 Hyundai Coupe yr2000. I plan to convert FTO 2.0 V6 mivec into my new ride. Here got few questions that need all the sifu to solve for me:

1. Can FTO fit into??
2. JPJ can apporal or not?
3. instead of FTO, any other engine recommend to me?
4. FTO half cut price?

Help me dude!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience