How to wire hazard light to blink when door open

Killerz

Known Member
Aug 6, 2006
www.teamswap.co.nr
Hi guys,i'm driving a wira 1.5. I wanna know how to wire the hazard light so that it will blink when the door is opened. I don't wanna change my alarm to 2 way wan as i dun have any money now. Is it possible to do it?

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
the door open indicator provides a constant signal.
the blinker is a pulse signal.
Probably need to figure out how to convert these 2 signals so you can complete the DIY.

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
Theoretically, you can do it with few long wires and a few special relays wired up from your room light to your hazard switch.

I might able (or may not) help you with the circuit design but someone need to provide the hazard wiring/circuit of that required car to me.
Or at least i could give you some advice.

tokie

Feb 24, 2005
Selangor
I think that, definitely you need any electronic component to achieve so, by having some modification here and there, end up the DIY cost may be a lot. I changed my car's alarm at accessories shop in Uptown few years and this alarm system made my rear light, front small light blinked when the door was opened. So maybe you can drop by accessories shop to survey?

Good luck to you.

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
I think that, definitely you need any electronic component to achieve so, by having some modification here and there, end up the DIY cost may be a lot. I changed my car's alarm at accessories shop in Uptown few years and this alarm system made my rear light, front small light blinked when the door was opened. So maybe you can drop by accessories shop to survey?

Good luck to you.
:itsme:blinking circuit it's not expensive to DIY, but in this case... you don't need a blinking circuit coz you already have one inside the car (in cased you dun hav signal lights la then you need the blinking circuit :biggrin:)

the concept is quite simple,
when you open your door, the room light will on, that will trigger the relay
then that relay connects / on your hazard switch at your dashboard.
Thats all.

the only thing thats complicated is the hazard switch wires... i don't think that switch only have 2 wires, my corolla got approx 6 wires (i think:confused:) and i dunno the exact pinouts.

only if i have the pinouts/diagrams......:bawling:

melliniums

Known Member
May 4, 2006
hahahha...you guys aaa....

like that aaa....i already done it....

go to BROTHERS...buy the alarm that cost you RM50-80.That alarm already set with blinking2 one....just connect the wire and done...so simple....that blinking2 that people use come with alarm...if you DIY the wire maybe can cause you short circuit maaa...

adioss..

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
hye...

wat if my blinking is on the headlight...
anyone knows how to change it to signals?

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
hye...

I assume the wire was from alarm to the headlight.
Theoretically, just change the wire from connect to headlight to connect to signal.
But, I think, some one said that's not recommended. PM me or search the forum for more detail.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hye...

if ur alarm support 2 separate cable for light warning, than it can be wired to ur signal light.
just disconnect both cable from the headlight cable n join separately for left n right signal cable.

if urs only have 1 cable for light warning, maybe need some relay n abit wiring to separate left n right signal.

most aftermarket alarm does have 2 separate cable for light warning.

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
if ur alarm support 2 separate cable for light warning, than it can be wired to ur signal light.
just disconnect both cable from the headlight cable n join separately for left n right signal cable.

if urs only have 1 cable for light warning, maybe need some relay n abit wiring to separate left n right signal.

most aftermarket alarm does have 2 separate cable for light warning.
ok thanks bro....ill check em this weekend
:biggrin:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
the light warning cable for aftermarket usually either yellow or orange for both cable.

91T

Jan 3, 2008
I assume the wire was from alarm to the headlight.
Theoretically, just change the wire from connect to headlight to connect to signal.
But, I think, some one said that's not recommended. PM me or search the forum for more detail.
Its not recommended to connect signal light coz easy for theft to short curcuit your alarm ma...
Just my opinion...correct me if im wrong...

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
ez to short circuit ar?
aiyak...luckily i havent done it yet...
true ar guys?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
yep. but new alarm comes with fuse before attach to signal light.
so in case of "short circuit" the fuse will blow 1st n protect ur alarm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey iam using saga megavalve .....can i put turbo on it...what type of turbo that can be add...also when i using turbo...power tak if i using auto transmission...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience