How to read ext temp !

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
exhaust temp is usually used for tuning, mostly for air fuel ratio using ECU or piggyback controllers, fuel pressure regulators; or boost tuning. or can also be an adittional tool for monitoring your engine well being lah.

to use it, 1stly you have to know your normal (ie standard) exhaust temp range. when you know that, any temperature excessively higher than normal is dangerous and can mean something is damaged (fuel pump etc etc). when used for tuning the air-fuel ratio, a lower than normal temperature will mean the engine is running rich, a higher than normal temp indicates the engine is running lean.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
The main reason you use Ext temp meter is to determine if you're running rich or lean. Basically if its hot your tuning is out of spec and its running lean - higher chances of causing engine damage. Running rich causes a couple of things amongst others loss in power as your injectors flood the combustion chamber.

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
mine is street car but still have it installed...it's considered as an important meter if you are driving a mod turbo car. it can tell you whether your fuel is rich or lean but of coz, proper tuning is essential, can't just simply boost up and read the meter only.

keep it below the red line and you should be ok, but not pointing at 850c even during idling lah...haha. ;)