How to change ownership??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
I need help here. I wanna sell my wira privately (i mean individual to individual) but dunno hows the procedure to change ownership. The grant is with me as the car is fully paid. What i know is, have to fill in some forms then go to puspakom fo inspection, then jpj to change name rite?? how bout the insurans under my name? can change name also or renew to new owner? anyone can tell me how??? thx

kambingcool

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
Well...St You need have to go to puspakom for inspection"..after the inspection ..then go to JPJ to change name..and new owner must get the new insurance first ..and renew the roadtax.... :).coz he or she cannot use your insurance if anything happen..he or she cannot claim the insurance..correct me if im wrong HeHehe

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
how long does it take??? if new owner get insurance, how bout mine??? can transfer to new car??? totally hv no idea.. help plz

kambingcool

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
well bro it depends on how fast u can settle all the procedure :) ... if u fast enough ...1 day can finish all :)...you can ask runner to do , but my advice is just take 1 day off then settle everything .. we cannot simply transfer insurance from old to new car :)...

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
any puspakom and jpj can go or depends on location of registered car?? if runner usually deal with jpj/puspakom only or 2gether insurance/roadtax etc, or bank can do for us?? if do individually sure lots of thing coz jpj/pupakom/roadtax/insurance.. huh and not to 4get loan for buyer

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
i suggest if u wanna save money just DIY...it's actually easier and faster than u thought...

transfer of ownership can only be done at JPJ's HQ...in selangor, the HQ is the one located at wangsa maju and padang jawa...others i not sure...u can check jpj's website...

before u go to jpj for the transfer u have to get the inspection done at puspakom...after the inspection is done, u need to ask the new owner to purchase a new insurance policy for the car that ur selling...as for ur insurance u can just leave it as it is until it is expired...unless u wanna get car immediately then u can refer to the agent on how u can transfer the NCD to ur next car's policy...

next u can proceed to the jpj office to do ur transfer...there are some forms that u need to fill in...if the new owner is not there wit u then u need to get the form before hand and get him to fill in all his details inlcuding certifying his IC...

everything can be completed within a day...so there's no worries at all...all u need is just a day off from ur duty and that's it...rather than paying hundreds to the runner to do it for u...hope it helps...

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
ic2.. thx bro.. better do ourselve rite.. how much is the budget doing all dis??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All ZTH Sifu...

Need ur help on TB issue...

few mechanic tell me that TB from GTI, Putra & SEI can fit to 4g92p...
but some mechanic say that TB cannot fit 4g92p...

really confuse...

thank you for ur help....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience