Honda City

Status
Not open for further replies.

TODA6866

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by Jackie Leong@Mar 7 2005, 13:59
what are your needs? you want to have good mileage for a fulltank of petrol then go for the I-DSI model, whereas if you want better performance then go for the VTEC but I must say.. the fuel consumption, isn't all that low..

I had my car about slightly 1 week plus and just pump it once full tank at RM60 for Shell V-Power (RON97) and till today, I only travelled about 370km and it's almost gonna be empty.. (have to pump later when I go out, although the low fuel light have yet to light up! :rolleyes: )

In comparison to the claimed 600km per RM55 full tank (probably the normal RON92 petrol) for the I-DSI model.. :blink:

EDIT : forgotten to mention that i'm driving the VTEC model, just in case you are wondering. :)
thanx for this info........

hav a city i-dsi at home but i drove it less than 3 times.........n only curi-curi cuz its not mine! nevertheless 2 say, i had no chance to test how far the 'fuel-frenly' claim is true..........

so i always wonder.......n wonder..........

curiosity kills.........n u saved my life! hehehe

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
no problems la :lol:

when i collected my new car that time, the low fuel warning light was on already so I just fill up my tank at the OUG Shell Petrol Station lo.. I don't pump here most of the time because i've heard of them adding "extras" to the petrol..

I usually pump my petrol at the Shell in Bandar Baru Seri Petaling or Jalan Puchong.. Today I pump at the one at Jalan Puchong, I ain't sure if it's just my psychological feelings cuz I felt better torque from the petrol I pump here compared to the one in OUG.. So I'm gonna test on the fuel consumption again :)

will post once I finish the full tank.. (it took me 11days to run 37xkm -.-)

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
how come ur car full tank is RM60 one?..mine around RM 40 the needle edy above the line...maybe coz using card, so dun dare to try higher...btw, my car edy reach 1k KM just in one week time, but still not yet to service, coz got only 2 SC in klang, one only accept normal service, another have to make appointment, and more sien is all day full only WED only can go...my own showroom SC havent approve by japanese..so cannot open...sigh*...now semakin drive, the FC semakin improve...maybe can reach 400km+ per tank....last time around 300km+ nia..

Marlboro

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by sonictheory@Mar 8 2005, 02:55
how come ur car full tank is RM60 one?..mine around RM 40 the needle edy above the line...maybe coz using card, so dun dare to try higher...btw, my car edy reach 1k KM just in one week time, but still not yet to service, coz got only 2 SC in klang, one only accept normal service, another have to make appointment, and more sien is all day full only WED only can go...my own showroom SC havent approve by japanese..so cannot open...sigh*...now semakin drive, the FC semakin improve...maybe can reach 400km+ per tank....last time around 300km+ nia..
??? my car average 450km.... if travel highway... 600km also try b4... scary...

LEXITRON_ES

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Visit site
Marlboro: i dare not post la.//ur City Twin Turbo with E7 intercooler...u win everything edi man..how i do also loose...i dare not post my stock standard car
:D :lol: :lol:

LEXITRON_ES

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Visit site
ahahhaa... :lol:

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Marlboro, show us your pictures first la.. you driving so long liao, samo mod liao.. nice nice edi ma.. let us drool a bit la.. especially the E7 intercooler right? :D :lol:

I paisey to post my stock standard car, give some time to beautify a bit la.. even ambi pur perfume oso tarak <_< besides, i think got some financial matters i gotta look into so probably may not be modifying any bodykits that soon yet :(

sonictheory, what card you use oh? i pay by credit card, just pump until full la.. yesterday evening i pump RM56 only.. that time the warning light up liao, samo traffic jam.. dun dare take the risk la.. later push car :P

Raikkonen

Known Member
Aug 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hi jackie,
i tumpang drive my dad's City IDSi. i got my own SGTi.
seems like you guys r enjoying every moment with your ride, good for you all. ;)
my IDSi has only clocked 8000+km over a period of 9 months!!! talk abt under use.
i think this car is really value for money. can't complain much.
i have 2 -ve point for this ride.

1st is the interior colour... i think most of guys will know how hard it is to maintain the light beige fabric. why can't they make it darker shade?? <_<

2nd is the suspension. i find it way too soft. on many occasions i scraped the bottom while going over speed bumps.

btw i stay very near OUG too, Bukit Indah to be exact :D
and yes i did heard abt that Shell petrol station opposite Parkson, many ppl complained that their petrol are rather.... hhmmm... weird... i always go to Sri Petaling. excellent service, i know all their petrol attendants liao... bunch of helpful fellas :)

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
thanks for the sharing...
beside i myself drive a super charger corona and the fuel RM45 can go around 300km, ...and now i looking for city idsi model but RM50 just for 300km++??hm.......is it consider save fuel??? by the way i m looking for fuel saving car, not going for city vtec model, .......

Marlboro

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by jason591974@Mar 9 2005, 08:22
thanks for the sharing...
beside i myself drive a super charger corona and the fuel RM45 can go around 300km, ...and now i looking for city idsi model but RM50 just for 300km++??hm.......is it consider save fuel??? by the way i m looking for fuel saving car, not going for city vtec model, .......
no lah.... rm 52 for city full tank already...

min can go 400++ km... if u tekan tekan lah...

if highway driving even can go 600km ' note :b4 change rims'

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
maybe i will try to get a 2nd city, yr 2003, around RM65k, is it worth to take??is isdi model

psychotic_ass

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
so tai ko Jackie & Marlboro... when gonna have City Gathering Yum Cha session??? since here also got a few city people... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but I've seen a lot of great stuff going on here especially in the DIY sections. Truly Malaysia Boleh SPIRIT!!!

I've been wanting to install a engine start button for my car (for the cool factor ). Sorry in advance as I know that this DIY has been done on this DIY section before. I'm adding pictures to my post thru the process of installing the start button.

Here it goes...

1. Engine Start Button...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience