Hicas, Attessa Ets?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Simple question for skyline enthusiast. What do HICAS and ATTESSA ETS stand for? If you complete the abbreviation correctly, you win a kiss from the man himself .S.K.A.G.E.E.! *laughs* :p

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
ehem.. ehem.. i wanna giv it a try..

HICAS = High Capacity Active Steering
ATTESSA ETS = Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split
ATTESSA ETS PRO = Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split Professional

hmm... :D

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
oh man..
pls dun turn this club into a gay club :rolleyes:

by the way..
the actual definition of HICAS = TURN IT OFF
LOL....

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
farique said:
ehem.. ehem.. i wanna giv it a try..

HICAS = High Capacity Active Steering
ATTESSA ETS = Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split
ATTESSA ETS PRO = Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split Professional

hmm... :D
Woo hoo, print this out and collect your prize...*laughs*

extrememech

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
So anyone mind to tell me what is this HICAS system is about ? My fren bought a new skyline GTT n he ask me about it. So anyone ?

superfunhappysliders

extrememech said:
So anyone mind to tell me what is this HICAS system is about ? My fren bought a new skyline GTT n he ask me about it. So anyone ?
hicas in simplified terms assists turning by using actuators to turn the rear wheels to reduce the turning circle/remove understeer. It uses a steering angle sensor and speed sensor to decide what angle to turn the rear wheels at. It really sucks when you want the car to lose control because its hard to predict hat the car will do, which is why you need to disable HICAS before drifting for example. Most of us run HICAS lock bars when we take our cars on the track or in the case of the R32's electronically disable HICAS by pulling out the HICAS fuse. You can also disable it by intercepting the steering angle sensor signal and negating it.

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
what would be the best way to turn HICAS in my r34 gtt?

prefer a solution that is electronically controlled. like on/off.

so for instance, i am driving one day, then suddenly i get into a fight my gf sitting beside me, so i figure lets turn off the HICAS and scare the shits out of her, so then i just press the "off" switch for HICAS, then do da DRRRTTTT SHHHHH EEEEERRR thing at da corner...

then comes a moment of silence after the apex and then wham! slap! slap! slap!
now that my face has been slapped across a few times by da misses, then i feel a little bit better already...

not becos of her slapping, but by the drifting stint and then i want to turn back "on" the HICAS cos my face by now really is hurting and swollen! :D

possible electronically? i would like to have this option just incase that day ever comes by...hehe :D

superfunhappysliders

ManR34 said:
what would be the best way to turn HICAS in my r34 gtt?

prefer a solution that is electronically controlled. like on/off.

so for instance, i am driving one day, then suddenly i get into a fight my gf sitting beside me, so i figure lets turn off the HICAS and scare the shits out of her, so then i just press the "off" switch for HICAS, then do da DRRRTTTT SHHHHH EEEEERRR thing at da corner...

then comes a moment of silence after the apex and then wham! slap! slap! slap!
now that my face has been slapped across a few times by da misses, then i feel a little bit better already...

not becos of her slapping, but by the drifting stint and then i want to turn back "on" the HICAS cos my face by now really is hurting and swollen! :D

possible electronically? i would like to have this option just incase that day ever comes by...hehe :D
lol you can by intercepting the signals from the steering angle sensor to the ECU. It seems to work on a couple of R33's I've worked on although I don't know its long term effects. I use a basic pulse modifier to feed it non trigger signals when it should be activating the HICAS module. Tomei make a "kit" for it, costs like AU$150 or so. My Pulse modifier costs $40 in electronic parts and a couple of nights of soldering it together :D

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
superfunhappysliders

does ur kit work on r34gtt?

straight bolt on? cos i dun think i got the skills in the electronic part to install this kit u r talkin about...but it sounds good...does it come with switch? on n off?

tomei makes for what models? and where can i get this kit?

u malaysian in aust? or are u aus citizen?

thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has developed a new parking assists system it calls the Around View Monitor (AVM), which will offer drivers a bird’s eye view of their car and surroundings in real-time. The set-up uses four ultrawide-angle resolution cameras mounted on the front, sides and rear of the vehicle, which combine to give a complete 360-degree view around the vehicle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience