[HELP]: Steering Squeak After Changing Steering Fluids

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

pangyau

1,000 RPM
[HELP]: Steering Squek After Changing Steering Fluids.

Hi guys,

I need your help/advise.
Yesterday I change & flushed the Steering Fluids and replace with MOTUL ATF-1A (Compatible with Dexron 3 as steering fluids).
After I fill with the ATF 1-A, it produce squeak sound if I turn the steering hard to left or right.
I even tested on the road for almost 50km but problem not solve.

Some said:-

1. Might be some air trapped during the process & probably gone after few minutes drive but unfortunately not.

2. Tighten the steering belting?

3. Not compatible fluids?

I never had this problem before. Reason of changing the fluids is for maintainance.

Or anybody could guide me how to flush/change the Steering Fluids, maybe with picture.

My ride is EVO8MR (JDM)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PA150890.JPG
    PA150890.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Re: [HELP]: Steering Squek After Changing Steering Fluids

Aiyoo latok, DIY kaa?

Changing wear&tear la..
All hoses need to change coz my lower radiator hose "kembang" already (manyak kerja ooo).
At the same time, I change also the Power Steering Fluid hose (lower part - upper pasrt still ok).

Razali: Normally just use those Universal Power steering fluids (PSF) can already .. STP PSF, Redline PSF are ones that i've used before ... no problem ..

For Motul u should use Dexron III instead of ATF-1A laa .. I'm no expert in Motul oil but looking at their viscosity of the Fluids for Dexron III and ATF-1A different laa ... probably that difference is what is giving your squeaks ... See when u operate the steering if alot of bubbles?

http://www.motorspot.com/Dexron_III_3870_(GB).pdf
http://www.high-n.com/images/motul/20100318101152.pdf

Would suggest that you replace the Power steering Fluid before your steering gear pump and rack/seals kaput ..

If u siphon out the Fluid, then u don't need to worry about 'bleeding/purging" the air bubbles ... however in your case, would suggest that you drain/flush and then replace with 'correct' PSF..

Bleed it by turning the wheel completely to the right and left(pour in fluid as needed) till the sound goes away.

Last edited:

ive never had dis problem before, thanx for the info iceman.

according to pangyau, the motul is a lil outta spec from the oem fluid? but whats making dat squeek ler? and also, the sound is imminent only at lock-to-lock steering jer.. pelik jugek tu

because what i know is that the additives is different in the 2 products .. the specs for ATF-1A says it's superior friction capabilities ... don't think that's what you are looking for when it comes to Power steering ... which has a pump ...

Thanks PabloIceman & xtremeleo (for the guideline)

I already solve the problem by changing to Dexron III (suitable for steering oil).
The Motul ATF-1A change to dark color after 3 days use (only less than 70km)
Done the flushing + bleeding cost me almost 3 liter.
The squeak sound has been reduce.
I also asked & compared to other EVO in here & all the same.
Lock-to-lock (hard right/left) position also squeak but not too loud...
Can be notice if open the hood.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom