Help about tires and rims

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
Hi there all im a newbie in car as well as a newbie in here so appreciate if someone cud give me some ideas or share knowlege /opinion/sugesstion/preparations/fact or thing need to consider b4 i go for changing of my rims and tyres!>..

i got a WIRA SE about 3 months old and i plan to change the 16" origonal rims and tyres to a performance tyres and rims

i wanted or planed to instal either 17" or 18" rims and tyres on my car ...any help or comment or suggestion or hand on expericen from people who had change thier rims and tyrres b4?
plzz do tell me asap and apreciate if sumone cud respond fast on this matters......

wats the most sutable rims and size of the rims and tyres size of tyres can be fitted and suitable for my WIRA!....my absover si an orignal stock usin gthe wira 1.6 absorber and built in stabilizer bar!....

so nyone cud give a hands on or help me rearding about the rims?

if i change the 18" rims and tyres would it be fitted? cani still lowered it again?...wat about the tyres?....shud i change it to a small thin ttyres so it can fit the tyre compartment,

plzz have a review on my probelm and take a good time to reply me

Thanks

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
CraZieThug5057 said:
Hi, from my humble opinion, 17" or 18" rims will affect your car's performance quite a bit. But, if u prefer bigger rims n all, go for it then. :tongue: He, he... Yah, if u were to install to big a rim, your tires might scrape your car's fenders when cornering, etc.

Just my 2 cents... :biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah, if u use bigger rims, ur performance will drop a little, especially ur pick up... but of coz it will be nice with 17" or 18"... add some bodykits and lower ur car jz a little... not too much or it will scrap ur fenders...
try to search around for a nice set of rims... coz the tyres aint cheap for 17" and 18"....

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
as for your problem ... for a wira ... it is recommended to use 16'inch rims ... although i am using a 17 inch rims last time when i still driving a wira ... if you still remains the Stock condition ... 15inch with the car lowered will be the best ... for the size of the tyre ... it will be more suitable if you use the 215/45/17 ... 205/40/17 is not recommended ... it will easily get Pregnant ... lolz ... if you wanted to use the 18inch ... i think wira can only fits in 215/35/18 .. which is not really worth installing ... i attatched a pic of my previous wira ... its using 205/40/17 which caused me alot of problem ... if there's anything that i can help ... just PM me ... thanks =) enjoy your Mod

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
for wira, if not mistaken, rims width 7in to 8in is fine. offset from +38 to +48.
tyres if ur using 17", shud use 205/40 or 205/45. use 215/40 if ur putting on 8JJ rim at de back.
for 18" rim, if not mistaken, mostly at least wud b 7.5JJ, so u need to put 215/40 or 215/35 tyres for it. after putting in either 17" or 18", ur car definately will b higher, if u wanna lower it, better u get a rim with offset from +45 to +48, these r inner, so wont easily rub ur fender. other than tat, take out or cut de fender inner part can also prevent ur tyre fr rubbing it.
but certainly, if ur engine is stock, ur gonna loose alot of power. but if ur goin for look. :) why not...
jus my idea.
cheers...

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Maybe u should go for 16" rims, a compromise between looks n performance. If u r going for bigger rims (e.g. 17" or 18") with your stock engine, they sure look good, but your fuel consumption might suffer.

Just sharing my thoughts...

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
hi there

hey thanks all for the infor...btu in the future i plan to mod my engine to 4G93T so i would like to change it not for the looks using my stock 4G15 engines.......i know it will drop performance and consume a lilbit fuel...but i jz wanna get the suspension and rims thing done b4 i go for the big thing ..thats the engine!.....so wat do u think if i put in

17" rims
-shud i cut & knock some fenders on my car?
-how many inch the absorber shud be lowered?
-wat is the perfect width of the rims can be fiited to wira?
-wat the perfect tyre size for the 17" rims (coz i wanted to put in slim and small tyres in my rims so it would look great!

18" rims
-is this rim will knock or tear of my fenders if fitted ?
-was it too big for the car?
-was really 18" rim will fit into wira with original uncut absorber
and untouch fenders!?
-how many inch the absorber shud be lowered if it is fitted & to be lowered?
-wat the perfect tyre size for the 18" rims (coz i wanted to put in slim and small tyres in my rims so it would look great!

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
CraZieThug5057 said:
hey thanks all for the infor...btu in the future i plan to mod my engine to 4G93T so i would like to change it not for the looks using my stock 4G15 engines.......i know it will drop performance and consume a lilbit fuel...but i jz wanna get the suspension and rims thing done b4 i go for the big thing ..thats the engine!.....so wat do u think if i put in

17" rims
-how many inch the absorber shud be lowered?
-wat the perfect tyre size for the 17" rims (coz i wanted to put in slim and small tyres in my rims so it would look great!

18" rims
-is this rim will knock or tear of my fenders if fitted ?
-was it too big for the car?
-was really 18" rim will fit into wira with original uncut absorber
and untouch fenders!?
-how many inch the absorber shud be lowered if it is fitted & to be lowered?
-wat the perfect tyre size for the 18" rims (coz i wanted to put in slim and small tyres in my rims so it would look great!

brother ... if i would to suggest ... i will ask you to go for the 45 series tyre and make it 215 if possible ...if you are going for the 40 series tebal ... you will loose all comfortable ....try to think it twice ... the length of the Rim make it a 7J will do ... then you dont need to knowck your mudguard and just fit it nicely ... you clicked on the thumbnail that i attached?? that was my previous car with 17inch rims ... but i didnt Lowered for a more comfortable purpose ... =) some more for my bodykit ... it doesnt look nice for that low down thingy ... if you were to use a 18inch rim ... i can say even it is a GSR ... you will somehow feel unsatisfy about the output of your engine as it is really too big for your car ... though 18inch for a 200ps car is still not consider under power ... just that you will feel not that satisfy ... some more the suitable size for the 18inch rim in a Wira is 215/35/18 ...i got a friends satria is using a 18inch rim as well ... he is using 215/40/18 if not mistaken ... trust me it will cause you trouble and suffer ... no pleasure at all ... i have to inform you that you must always prepare another amount of money to buy 2 more same size spare tyre for your ride ... it is easily tear and it is not practical ... try not to low your car too low and make it maybe 2 finger gab will do ... =)

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
Thanks Dude

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution said:
brother ... if i would to suggest ... i will ask you to go for the 45 series tyre and make it 215 if possible ...if you are going for the 40 series tebal ... you will loose all comfortable ....try to think it twice ... the length of the Rim make it a 7J will do ... then you dont need to knowck your mudguard and just fit it nicely ... you clicked on the thumbnail that i attached?? that was my previous car with 17inch rims ... but i didnt Lowered for a more comfortable purpose ... =) some more for my bodykit ... it doesnt look nice for that low down thingy ... if you were to use a 18inch rim ... i can say even it is a GSR ... you will somehow feel unsatisfy about the output of your engine as it is really too big for your car ... though 18inch for a 200ps car is still not consider under power ... just that you will feel not that satisfy ... some more the suitable size for the 18inch rim in a Wira is 215/35/18 ...i got a friends satria is using a 18inch rim as well ... he is using 215/40/18 if not mistaken ... trust me it will cause you trouble and suffer ... no pleasure at all ... i have to inform you that you must always prepare another amount of money to buy 2 more same size spare tyre for your ride ... it is easily tear and it is not practical ... try not to low your car too low and make it maybe 2 finger gab will do ... =)

Holler

first thign first and first of all i wud like to
thanks dude really apreciate ur help...but anyway i cannot open the link for ur car that ur attach,....can u ressend again?...BTW can u send alot more of the pic of ur car and the rims coz i jz wanna have the look n beauty of the 17" inch rimm first b4 i get mine one day...---this if u dun mind la!....

----yea so...yea my cuurent rim now is using 16" inch rims (the original WIRA SE Rims) and i think the tyre is abit big la dunno wat size is that i need to check!.....n i think i can get the image coz there is alot of WIRA SE around town nowadays!...n btw is that rim is perfect for my car?.....
-----i need to beautify it need to change it to thinner tyre,....any size or length recomendation for it?

---i might be using 17" in the future as u suggest the 18" il forget about it but in the future ill still keep my original 16" rims coz mite wanna get into revveing wiff sum 1 is perfert time to change it to 16" and then for beauty maybe need to be 17" for showingn of bleah!>.....blbalbal.....but fron the thing u said i think ill suggest i need to get the absorber to be lowered consistently coz there will be 2 type of rims will used at diff time!....but not all the time la!........

well nyway the final question!.....is adjustable absorber recomended for my car?>...anyone had a hands on expereince or had an expericen using this type of absorber?....

if yes when it is suitable to used?...n in what condition?...what are the advantage?.......any idea?

my absorber is using the wira 1.6 type of absorer where there is a stabilizser bar attach to the absorber and the absorber must have a some sort of a hole or a connecter where the stabilzer bar si connect ot attach (whic i dunno wat to called that)........do u hav any brand names of the ajustable absorber that can fits or suites my wira 1.6 type of absorber?
like GAB is i OK?

Plzz last help!

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
brother ... i'd send you my number ... send me a sms and i'll call you back ... i got some brands in hand that i can et u to decide yourself ... just give me a buzz or send me a sms ok ... thanks

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
heloooooooo

heloo people any connemt n review?>....plzz drop me a message wit opinion n sugesstion here!...thanks

plz review my problem n gave me the answers...heheh chia u all will gula gula later la k

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
hi guys

hi guys any help and sugeestion n idea on helping me on my tyre n rims?...in here plzz gimme more idea n support ....btw any suggestion on rims styel or pattern that has a kick ass look chrome or exotic design looks or watsoever......where to get n wat the specification of the rims?.......BTW....

hey my fr: HKS[TRB-02]Evolution where is ur wira car pic man i cannot open any attchment of the wira with the rims u said?>!>>.btw if can can u plzzz attach more pic about ur car with ur rims profile?.......

sqleon

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Hello there..Im a newbie..so i rilly2 need help here..ive got an 2004 Iswara..im planning to change the tires..as it goin to wear off very soon..and i plan to change a new set of wheels to..i need help as i do not know anything about changing them..any body can gimme a hand on this matter..such as what type of rims most suitable,size(heard 15" the best) all other stuff olso..what is pcd??n other stuff related

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
iswara should be pcd114.3 4 hole right? my idea of the best rim is to get the smallest one that can fit your brakes. not really into big rims.. just my opinion.

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
rolla kid wat model iswara ru using?......

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
CraZieThug5057 said:
rolla kid wat model iswara ru using?......
i don't really know anything about iswara, its not mine, its my dad's. he bought it early last year, dunno which year's model, but seem like those clear stock sale.

i know its pcd114.3 cuz the rim can be exchanged with mine, direct fit in. and previously there are forumers who say its 114.3 too.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah.... iswara PCD is 114.3.... unless u change the PCD oledi lar....
same for all saga iswara model because all of them share the same chassis design...

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
skywalker wat is iswara disk brake rotor (Front) size in inches?

compare to wira

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ALL SIFU,
I owned a Mitsubishi AIRTREK Turbo 2.0.

I have questions and need a guide. As I planned with my mechanic to rebuild the engine with 2JZ pistons, crankshaft 2.2L, and pistons rod, maybe the rod going to use the PAJERO piston rod.

In addition, I'm installing refurbished TD05HR, EVO 7 Tomei exhaust extractor, camshafts the three taken out from EVO 7 G-TA. Plus, Mishimoto EVO 7 Universal performance intercooler.

Since this is my project car before I proceed with it, can any of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience