hello! Z-car owner here

sythen

May 27, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
hi everyone. 1st of all, let me go through the formalities..

* -What do you drive(optional): Nissan 280ZX
* -Male / Female(optional): M
* -How you came about to know Zerotohundred.com?: Internet
* -What were you expecting or purpose coming to Zerotohundred.com? To meet other Z owners and fans and learn more about cars
* -What do you expect from Zerotohundred.com in the next 1-2 years? that it'll still be around
* -What are you planning to do in the next 2-3years? good question...

i've been a fan of Z cars for quite a while now, especially the S30 versions and i've recently come to inherit a fine 280ZX. while it may not be a 240Z, it is still undoubtedly a great car. there has been a lot of refurbishing done to the car (it was kept away in a warehouse for about 20 years) but there are still minor things i'd like to fix and i'm hoping people here can help me along the way. engine btw, is original and runs great and i have no plans to change it (at least for the time being).

i've seen the "Saving an Old Lady" thread (awesome job!) but i'd rather not bump/hijack someone's thread. so if anyone would be so kind, a couple of things i need to find out about 280ZX parts:

1. How can i replace the rubber seals on the windows? can i buy them off the shelf? mine are quite worn and to some extent missing.

2. Are fender flares and front lips easily available in Malaysia? or would i have to import them from elsewhere?

apologies if this has been asked and answered before. thanks in advance!

sythen

May 27, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
thanks for the links, keschan. i've requested for a catalogue, so i'll see in 3-4 weeks if it arrives. i've also found a source (through a friend) for z-parts in NZ, which is a lot closer that US. that should bring down some shipping costs.

btw keschan, ur a lucky guy to own a 240 ;)

keschan

Feb 23, 2009
You may be surprised.
Shipping charges from US could be cheaper becos of the huge volume that they do.

I do buy frequently from US.

check both out anyway.

kschan