Handbrake sign lights up upon hard braking

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear sifus, as per the title of the thread, of late the handbrake sign lights up on the meter display whenever I braked hard. It will not happen on normal braking. The brake fluid level is full and brake pads still has long service life to go.
Any pointer as to what is the issue?

Regards

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
This is probably due to the handbrake light switch... need to adjust the handbrake switch gap

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Car newbie here but you may try to check the rubber thing in the brake fluid reservoir cover. Dunno what it called but last time I had the same problem where ABS indicator and brake light switch on sudden braking. Turn out the rubber is worn out it doesn't go back to normal shape after hard braking.

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for everyone's input.
I've topped up the fluid level (although Atan of Trial says level is ok) and there's no repeat of the symptom anymore...)

Apr 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If the handbrake light stays on when handbrake is off the easiest thing to check first is the brake fluid level. The light was on for a month on my '96 Corolla before I noticed the low brake fluid level.

software for plagiarism

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo...to every ZTH member....here is my lil question...just wanna ask tat im going to buy a APEXI Dual Funel filter.....but i notice tat it needs adapter n also sum thing about rubber i think.....so i dono how was it....if all i take oredi RM270 including installation feess....

now im using a clond airfilter....so can i take out and just buy the airfilter without the adapter to put on my car.....my ride is ISWARA..below is the pic i draw....can i dowan buy the adapter??

.hope tat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience