Halfcut odometer mileage- can trust or not!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Hi all,

Just want to ask advice from people who have bought halfcut before....
Can you really trust the mileage on the odometer??
I mean, if the odometer in second hand cars cannot be trusted, can I trust the mileage in halfcut cars??
Usually if the mileage is lower, price is higher (but sometimes mileage high also want to sell expensive:hmmmm:)

Hope to hear your opinion... Thanks..
(anybody seen a cheap AE111 6 speed halfcut, let me know eh... )

Last edited:

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Just want to ask advice from people who have bought halfcut before....
Can you really trust the mileage on the odometer??
I mean, if the odometer in second hand cars cannot be trusted, can I trust the mileage in halfcut cars??
Usually if the mileage is lower, price is higher (but sometimes mileage high also want to sell expensive:hmmmm:)

Hope to hear your opinion... Thanks..
(anybody seen a cheap AE111 6 speed halfcut, let me know eh... )
Mileage high or low in half cut doesn't means price can high or low~ Price are control buy runner and half cut owner.

Buy half cut same as you buy TOTO too. Like my friend who brought a AE111 blacktop 6 speed at RM4,000, even the half cut look like poor condition are stock looking condition too. Once he on transplanting the engine just realize, his blacktop was equipped high cam (both) with no cam pulley, even the internal part also upgraded, check the ECU also seem it was re-chiped. That the way he hit jackpot. LOLzzz

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Well basically the price would be the same for less/high mileage if you're getting it direct from the main shop. Usually the price will be hiked up slightly by runners though.
As for odometer mileage, finding for a low mileage odometer is quite hard as well... so usually the halfcut importers wont be bothered to change it. Also, you can counter-check with the engine condition itself.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
I think mileage only tell small part of the history. I was teached another way is open up the oil cap and see how "clean" inside. Pull the dipstick and check the oil condition, not to mention make sure the halfcut can be start

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
one real gem when buying h/c is to look for the engine come auto-tranny....

less abuse from the original owner..(especially turboed engine).... :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ZTH-ians,

I really need all the help i can get.. to help me win a contest! hahaha..

I just entered a contest from Luxe Nomad on FB and the prize is a 3D2N trip to Koh Samui and the most likes on the picture will win the prize

Can you guys help me? pluh-leeeeeees..

I have someone with a picture of 200+ likes and i only got 60+

Let's show the power of ZTH-ians and help me boost up my likes

Click on this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience