HachiRoku owners! check this NEW toy!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Acoustic has finally convinced me to design(more like copy and then adapt the idea, haha) custom build and produce :

rear trailing arms / rear four links

here's how it would look like, (from technotoytuning.com)

and Panhard rod/ lateral rod

(pic from technotoytuning.com)

anyways, here's how we're gonna do this.
i need a minimum order of : 3-5 Hachirokus/ similar platform

the parts:
2 long trailing arm tubing
2 short trailing arm tubing
1 Panhard rod tubing
5 M14 (14mm) left thread rod-ends
5 M14 right thread rod ends
10 stainless steel nuts
20+ brass/aluminium spacers
zinc plated M12 bolts (unknown figure)

this is what we call a rod-end (spherical ball-bearing joint)

the tubing are seamless tubing carbon steel 3.4mm thick, 25.4(1") outer diameter(O/D). The ends are weld with turned and tapped rods to screw in the rod-ends. The rods are welded to the tubing.
finishing can be powder-coated (can be primary colors) or hard-chrome plated.
The tubing also has a machined flat area to accept a wrench for adjusting purposes.

Price for this new toy is in the sub RM1000 region.. :blink:
costs for materials ALONE is RM700+ liaw..
not including machining, finishing + some profit margin..(let me earn la, i'm doing the work ma...)

anyways, WHY THE HECK DO i NEED ONE of these ???!?
here's why:

Panhard Rod
This rod has enough adjustability to be used on a stock height car or a car that is drastically lowered. Even on our test mule car (which hasn't had any of the other suspension modified), it made a drastic improvement in handling. The REAR END WIGGLE is GONE!
Trailing Arms
Also known as rear trailing arms, our Rear Four Links feature Heim joints (Spherical Rod Ends) at both ends! Zero Slop, and Zero Deflection. Eliminates Axle hop during acceleration and deceleration. Greatly improves to the ground traction and driver feedback. Traction is greatly improved (all the power gets to the ground without any wheel hop) and it is easier to break the rear end loose by "throttle on" even in wider drifting corners. Makes it a lot easier to control a drift with just the gas pedal. The whole rear end is super tight and not sloppy at all since there is no longer any diagonal movement of rear axle. Zero twist of the rear axle also. Every throttle input goes right to the ground.
(qoutes from technotoytuning.com)

SO?? why shouldn't i just BUY it off from technotoytuning.com instead from you!?!

-simple. Costs. technotoytuning is selling the entire set for : USD$449 / RM1750+
not inclusive of shipping too.

okie,
here's the 'victims' list :lol: :

1)Acoustic sifu
2)sideways syndrome sifu (MK84!!)
3)??
4)??
5)??

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
hehehe syliver dripping already....... cepat cepat siapa lagi :)

I've custom made mine in the cheap way ...... not so cheap either :( - a hell lot of difference .......

I'm not satisfied with my current ones - because they don't look nice enough :( - so I'm getting stanley to do a proper set for me....

Wah, stanley, you direct curi pictures from T3, wah like this everyone have very high expectation already wei...... don't let us down :)

Also - please compare with another brand called Battle Version by www.club4ag.com

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Possible to just get the rose joints for my cusco's rear toe bar?

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
i will order only if end of august ready. no money already, exceeded budget already... just bought new toy.

1)Acoustic sifu
3)leviathan (on above condition)

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by adian@Jul 30 2004, 06:10 PM
Stanley..

I'll go for the Panhard rod but will have to wait on the 4 links. How much for the panhard rod alone ah?

/adian
adian,

can

price about RM 200+
what sorta finishing mau? hehe

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by TauhuTauhu@Jul 30 2004, 08:19 PM
may i know how does this thing work?
basically the set REDUCES / REMOVE flexing that is contributed by the rubber bushes.
MORE direct, less flexing.

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
ninja,

sub Rm1K emmmm....ok!

1)Acoustic sifu
4)shamburke

cheers...

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi guys

For those who are going to install the 4 control arms - please be warned that due to lack of rubber bushes, where the rod-ends directly secure to chassis, there may be significant metal scrubing noises while driving.

This is unavoidable, because of direct contact we get direct feel, however the penalty is direct noises also......

Don't say we didn't warn you all.

The sudden acceleration ad deceleration may also come ..... real hard .... not abrupt - unlike rubber bushes..... just bare in mind....

Also, I just changed my bushes around MAY 04, and some of them are 50% damaged already.....

I suspect this is mainly due to rough installatino, "no torque wrench practise" vs. direct power tools..... not good.

Still, rubber bushes or even PU bushes are suspected by me that they cannot handle our hard abusive driving.... rod-ends may be a solution, but it's noisy.

Adian is right, getting the pan-hard-rod - where in this case the manual calls it control-rod is extremely important. It is responsible to off-set the rear left right bias to align the rear axle to the front.. - the greatest improvement factor...

The 4 control arms - however can be used to align the prop-shaft and axle input angle for better durability, because less bending angle, less stress, also better power delivery, longevity and all....

Nice thing to have - at least you'll know you'll getting the last ounce of perfection...

Finally - some people have been using them to increase WIDTH or decease it....

Personally I wasn't very fancy with it.... however after installing Adian's RCA, I find that having this will help with various different setup for track-race, road-race and drifting even....

Happy playing... the posibilities are .... endless :)

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Acoustic@Jul 31 2004, 10:59 AM

Finally - some people have been using them to increase WIDTH or decease it....
Wheelbase ah?
hahaha cannot adjust the track width la :lol:

yea, those who really want must understand that it'll be as direct as you can get it to be.
metal-metal. But you can drifting with plenty of feel now, as opposed to a vague feeling at the back..

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
guinea pi... i mean current interested and buyers' list:

1)Acoustic sifu
4)shamburke
5)adian (Panhard Rod only)

okie guys
since you guys are ready, pls pls let's meet up and pay a deposit for me to buy the materials..
it'll take a week plus plus, assuming all materials are ready..

but must install kat TiTAN's shop, so total price for a full kit is RM1000..
i'll provide installation and alignment too!
after sales also provided, parts all got..

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
as i asked earlier... when will it be ready? will not be able to commit if i have to pay the whole sum this month. can you confirm on timing. thanks.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
leviathan

aiyak.. timing.. well, thing is, once i've got the money to buy materials, then with all the materials ready, i can finish 4-5 sets within 10-14days (assuming no-one falls sick or machine breakdown, haha)

flexible lo..

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Ninja - tai lo - so total how much ar, I lazy to count arh.

BTW, I think have to delay - like leviathan, just changed tyres - pokai liao :(

Wei, cannot leave my car there few days lah, I no need to use meh.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
be patient eh..... :(
my machinist is busy, wanna ask for qoutation also must wait till Monday, argh

Acoustic sifu
need your car for measurements, no need to buka.. just need a vernier caliper and measuring tape.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im going to install a AVCR ..but beforei t. . wanna ask if i got waste gate ..then how ? what they will do ? waste gate open..avcr need to set as same as waste gate ? is that wasted?
do AVCR cut boost let go air that time go sound ? from solenoid or valve?
waste gate and AVCR which better ?
if 2 the same time if will work better ?
any idea ?
me no clue , no idea.. want to know more about ..aVcr , profec 2 and other ..about boost cut ..~or etC
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience