Guess my fren's HP figures

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Jun9970

Hi Guys,

Fren is goin for a dyno this weekend

His spec is as follow (its a GTI)

Complete Evo3 transplant BUT using VR4RS block (bottom n head) <--don ask y.
Head is ported n polished
evo 3 cams, valve springs, adjustable pulleys
Stock head gasket
Stock Bottom block rebuilt (but balancer shafts NOT removed)
Evo 3 intake manifold (engineered 2 match VR4 head)
60mm TB
Stock Evo3 exhaust manifold mated to
TD05-20G (ported blah blah, usual std stuff)
Thailand wastegate plumbed into exhaust manifold
Mines Evo 3 ECU
SAFC2
AVCR (gonna try boostin 1.2 bar 1st)
Supra Fuel Pump
Msian Boleh Downpipe (hehe) - freakin loud
3 inch piping with NO BOX - straight through
stock injectors
stock E3 intercooler n intercooler piping
brothers brand Vr4 filter (pokei oredi the fella)

any other ways 2 improve, r suggested. (cheap ways, the fella is broke)

thanks

well i assume his using vr4's bottom block cause its stronger then the evo as he would like to run on high boost , then as for the head , it has larger ports then the evo . bigger injector , fuel regulator & metal head gasket will be a good investment for him .

will attach a dyno of a stock vr4 with tdo6,thailand wastegate 550cc injectors ..
thats about it..oh yah fse fuel regulator..and 13b fc fuel pump..
once i am back at millennium office computer will attach dyno sheet for u guys to check it out for fun.

cheers

Basically if from my point of view this is VR4 not EVO 3, cos the major part you mention is not evo bottom and evo head... haha.. :lol:

What's the different an Vr4 swap wit evo 3 cams, wiring and intake runner.... hehe :lol:

I guess max. will be 280bhp.

With stock injector and MINES ECU, since MINES ECU is not re-programmable and for stock injector there's a limit unless stretching the injector duty cycle to 100%. :D

with the current settings, the evo3 head will give more power but please don't do any port polishing at all.

my guess
cannot beat SDF monster...
ask him sold it and get SDF monster

Originally posted by cmng@Jul 20 2004, 05:37 PM
my guess
cannot beat SDF monster...
ask him sold it and get SDF monster
agreed with cmng...

Thanks guys for the great feedback.

Anyway, I already told him wut u guys mentioned, n at this point in time he'll only be getting an adjustable fuel regulator. Metal headgasket n larger injectors will haf 2 wait as he is already on a strict diet of bread n water.

he's actually targeting 300atw but i've already told him thats optimistic. I'm with most of u guys, say around the region of 280atw (hopefully on engine)

heheh, well, if not enough there's always 1.5bar :P

cheers

Originally posted by f8.@Jul 20 2004, 05:19 PM
with the current settings, the evo3 head will give more power but please don't do any port polishing at all.
May I know why u do not reconmend port polishing with the current setting?

I'm just curious.

hehe...i also want to know y u not recommendfor port polishing on evo 3 head?

this is my own theory, so it is probably wrong. but i am a believer of small ports for higher flow velocities. i suspect the reason mitsubishi reduced the sizes of the port for evo commpared to vr4 is that it was too big to begin with.

we always think the bigger the better but i personally feel a smaller port with higher flow velocities encourage more momentum energy in the intake charge to enable you to cram more air in over a shorter period of time.

so with the evo3 head, just leave it as it is. port and polishing gives you the most gain on old american v8s where their castings are so poor and unfinished anyway. japanese heads are quite well finished and so the gain, if any is minimal. and besides, some roughness on the port walls, if it encourages a more homogenous mix of air and fuel by tumbling, would encourage a higher flame speed and more thorough combustion.

you see, when people do port polishing properly, they use a flow bench to verify the gains. to me, the problem with a flow bench is that it only gives you the results for steady flow. ie you just apply a constant pressure of air through the head for a given valve opening and measure the volume flow.

the air flow in a real engine is hardly steady. the valves are opening and closing all the time. instead of measuring how much air is flowing in by volume, i think a more useful metric is the velocity of the air that goes in. of course this doesn't mean the smaller the ports the better. there is a compromise between flow velocity and volume rate. and i think the manufacturers got it pretty spot on when they designed it. so don't mess with it unless you really know what you are doing.

but if you have already ported and polished it, then of course it is much better hehehe. ;)

just my 2p!

ey Foo...2p not accepted here....here Maraysia lar...2 sen can.... :lol: :lol:

much agreed wit ur theory bout the PnP thingy...stock cars n cams need not PnP too much....unless u got wild cams in there which is gonna flow tonnes of air through....if not...stock head wud flow juz fine....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom