GT-R gets the facelift and tummy tuck

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Nissan’s venerable supercar clean-up agent, otherwise known as the GT-R, will be receiving the mandatory mid-life cycle freshen-up that thankfully doesn’t just stop at the cosmetics.

The GT-R is leaner and gets a bump up in horses for the 2012 model. Lighter forged wheels, improved aerodynamics and a slight increase in power are nice compliments to the visual improvements such as LED running lights and interior retouches.

A revised front fascia with integrated LED lights into the side canards aren’t just for show, lowering the car’s drag coefficient from 0.271 to 0.268. Add in the new rear diffuser that increases downforce by 10 per cent and you got some serious G-forces holding the car in place on the twisties.

Rays Engineering forged wheels cuts the unsprung weight at each corner by 3kg for a total savings of 12kg.

If you’re getting one, new colours are available on the swatches for the body and the wheels even. Aurora Flare Blue pearl and Nebula Opal Black join the current list of colours for the body while Hyper Blue Black and Hyper Titanium can be slected for the rollers.

No exact figures on the horsepower bump-up but don’t expect anything significant although it just might breach the 500hp mark if we’re lucky. Now a ringgit a day and we just might be able to afford one in one and a half millenniums.

Source: Autoblog and Jalopnik

Attachments

A Post Every 5 Mins

Proton persona 1.6m 2008year model.
i feel the brake not makan. last time original brake pads only last for 1year around 20k mileage. then change to oem.
if i want to change my rear drum brake to disc brake, which car model i can looking at chop shop? (price)
or anyidea change front disc brake n brand n price please.
thank you for ur advise.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience