Gilles Villeneuve - Jan 18th 1950- May 8th 1982

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hehe sounds funny but he was 1 of my 1st f1 hero even though i've never seen him racing...
Bloody good battles with Rene Arnoux in the French GP.

I use to run around with the number 27 on my kart.

Looking at the crash footage of him qualifying i'm surprised how bloody fragile f1 cars were back then...
And yeah what's with the fiasco with him in the san marino gp?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah, he died pretty early but apparently he's one of Enzo Ferrari's favourite son. Apparently the office of Mr Enzo was left intact after Enzo died and on the desk sits the picture of Gilles Villeneuve.

He was a fearless driver who really didn't know the meaning of death. His death was really unfortunate as he died in qualifying(maybe practice) as he was dicing it up with his then team mate on setting the fastest lap. He was pissed off when his team mate didn't honour a gentlemans agreement the race before and that led him to challenging the team mate for best lap record in the next race. And that ultimately led to Gilles death. How sad. If not mistaken, he's only got a couple of race wins under his belt but his heroics is well remembered as he battled like champion in each race.

The highlight of his career is his race with Rene Arnoux in Dijon, France. Was it 1979 or something? In the very last lap, both of them were exchanging overtaking manouvres and ultimately, the brilliance of Villeneuve wins it.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
the race in dijon was one of the best wheel to wheel battles. It's also Renault's first Formula One win & a first win for a turbocharged engine but people remember the battle for 2nd place more.

yeah it was in 1979.

I have a old vhs tape of that race.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
My bad, i thought Villeneuve won the race instead. Yes, now i remember slightly better. Villeneuve spoilt the party of Renault by finishing 2nd place ahead of Rene Arnoux.

But that year was the last time Ferrari won the championship with Jody Schekter right? And then it took them another 21 years before winning it.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
yeah Jody was the last to win for Ferrari before ze german driver came along.

Gilles fought tooth & nail, hammer & tongs with Rene , hard but fair.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Yup, not Schumacher style... Get out of my way or i'll shove u out of the road to get my championship hahahaha.
Look at damon hill and Villeneuve.......
Get out of my way or else.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...
i need some advice from u ppl out there regarding my turbine..
i'm using b6 turbo...everytime my turbo ons, which means the boost meter goes more than 0.1, white smoke will be coming out from my exhaust...its pretty alot at times...i duno whether my turbine oil seal has any prob or is it my turbine itself...but then the power of the car remains the same...
plz assist me on this...tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience