Gen 2 R3 is coming

Finally an engine bay pic, look like a stock S4PH4 for me. Of course with new set of cams and remap ECU. Taken from Max Power forum , might be yours also Alexz? :biggrin:

Comparing the Gen2's engine bay pics bellow, you should notice two variation of radiator host location? Gen2 R3 radiator host are going to center, instead normal Gen2 are going to left side of the engine bay. Anyone knows the reason for this? :cool:

Gen 2 R3 engine bay pic

Gen 2 Export Version Engine Bay

Gen 2 Malaysia Version Engine Bay

Last edited:
thx for the pics zainul. If thats really the stock 1.6 "campro" engine they put in there, then 120hp at the wheels is pretty awesome!

Now proton start to come out with R3 series already.. i wonder will they produce Juara R3? :D

zainul said:
Finally an engine bay pic, look like a stock S4PH4 for me. Of course with new set of cams and remap ECU. Taken from Max Power forum , might be yours also Alexz? :biggrin:

Comparing the Gen2's engine bay pics bellow, you should notice two variation of radiator host location? Gen2 R3 radiator host are going to center, instead normal Gen2 are going to left side of the engine bay. Anyone knows the reason for this? :cool:

maybe the r3 engiine is the real 1.6 campro? huhu

135bhp-140bhp is pretty aggressive for a 1.6litre engine. Even without any form of variable valve/cam timing, this should guarantee a powerful ride.

Power output equates to roughly 120 horses at the wheel, similar to the Satria R3. Apparently the Gen.2 suffers from less transmission loss of 8-10% as compared to a Satria which hovers around 12%.

Although heavier than its 2-door brethren, the Gen.2 should perform equally well.

This is certainly a compelling vehicle to buy, me thinks. It has presence, power and style.

It should appeal to the sporty, young 'uns out there. Me included. :)

Hi guys, new to this site....been trying to get more information on Gen2 R3 since the car is in the pipeline for release to the public. Wonder if anyone have inside news on when its going to be released? This car according to paper info seems to have met the few areas which plague the Gen2 model like the less than desirable interior quality and also the boost in lower end torgue not the mention all the other add ons and improvements being done by the R3 team. Just want you guys to know that I'm one big fan of what you guys are doing through R3 and when this model is launched, you can count me in as a customer. On occasion with our impending national day celebration I would like to wish everyone here a blessed Merdeka and to the guys at R3, you have solidified the nations mandate Malaysia Boleh. Rock on!

unfortunately, with the high price tag 4 the loose parts, how r we normal ppl can afford to upgrade our local car? :frown: the prices stated/corrected by Faisal; does it include installation? just my curiousity..

waja3348 said:
unfortunately, with the high price tag 4 the loose parts, how r we normal ppl can afford to upgrade our local car? :frown: the prices stated/corrected by Faisal; does it include installation? just my curiousity..

Perhaps this is why other manufacturers release their souped-up versions...already souped-up. This will have a few good points:

1) Less critisism about the initial car
2) Mods already factored into the loan (very important!)
3) Buyer can just focus on maintenance
4) Consistency control
5) Little need to support customers on a per-part basis.
6) No need for customers to leave their car behind everytime a mod is being installed
7) Better resale value
8) No need to train technicians at sales centers on how to install the parts; no chance of them botching things up.

No doubt a fully souped-up version will cost a higher premium, but if it's good, people will go the distance and get it, because it's even more exclusive than the normal car.

prozac said:
Perhaps this is why other manufacturers release their souped-up versions...already souped-up. This will have a few good points:

1) Less critisism about the initial car
2) Mods already factored into the loan (very important!)
3) Buyer can just focus on maintenance
4) Consistency control
5) Little need to support customers on a per-part basis.
6) No need for customers to leave their car behind everytime a mod is being installed
7) Better resale value
8) No need to train technicians at sales centers on how to install the parts; no chance of them botching things up.

No doubt a fully souped-up version will cost a higher premium, but if it's good, people will go the distance and get it, because it's even more exclusive than the normal car.

i believe wat u said is true.. just like TRD tuned Vios at Thailand. ppl rushed to get 1 of those!! btw, y R3 must put high price tag? those parts can't be installed to any cars except 4 proton models? it was differents case 4 tuning company like big names out there. role of thumb - high price=low demand. come on la R3.

Modification with R3 performance parts shouldn't void warranty. Price given are actually competative if comparing to outside pricing

waja3348 said:

i believe wat u said is true.. just like TRD tuned Vios at Thailand. ppl rushed to get 1 of those!! btw, y R3 must put high price tag? those parts can't be installed to any cars except 4 proton models? it was differents case 4 tuning company like big names out there. role of thumb - high price=low demand. come on la R3.

Chill waja3348 bro...we hear you loud and clear.

I don't really mean to say that high price = low demand...but the matter here is if it's really good, then people are willing to spend, within reason. TRD may sell parts for many Toyota models, but they have a very long establishment in R&D (over 20 years), compared to Proton Motorsports which was just born a few years ago. The fact that they can come up with a production car in less than a half a decade since their conception, is quite an amazing feat already.

And their prices are quite competitive. For example, RM2k for mild cams, pulleys and dyno tuning is very reasonable, if you know the market rate. Plus since this is from Proton itself, you have no fear about voiding your warranty.

In any case, Proton Motorsports is learning fast. If you guys notice, the Gen.2 R3 already comes standard with different cams and pulleys, while this is a Stage-2 only option for Satria R3 owners. From the sales data of parts and mods done by Satria R3 owners, they have quickly incorporated those "desirable" parts already into the Gen.2 R3.

just wanna check..

rm1600 for the cams..is it 1 pair or 1 unit each ?

if 1 pair of cams at that price..man..good bargain lah!

R3 performance parts undergo real developement work by trained engineers and technicians. Dyno time cost money, engineers and technicians need to be paid. Prices are competitive, so I really am at a lost when people say our items are expensive when those that put their money where their mouth is ( the people who actually buy our products) actually say our prices are reasonable for the quality and performance these parts provide.

Even the services we provide are exceptional value for money. Take for example the Cam Optimisation service which for RM200 has one Engineer and Technician fine tuning the cam setting on a dyno till we are happy with the power output. Tell me where else in the world can you get this kind of service.

Waja 3348, As for the loose parts prices what do you really find expensive?? Tell me because we would really like potential customer feedback.

Pls note however items certain items (sticker stripes, wheels,seats,steeering) are not sold to NON-LEV (Limited Edition Vehicles) owners to protect the exclusivity of the LEVs. Only Performance (Engine, suspension parts) and certain styling ( eg. Splitter , CF/ alloy gear knob) are sold to general public.

manhunt said:
just wanna check..

rm1600 for the cams..is it 1 pair or 1 unit each ?

if 1 pair of cams at that price..man..good bargain lah!

RM1600 for intake AND exhaust cams :smile:

But it's recommended that you pair it up with adj. cam pulleys on both sides to fine tune the cam timing. Cam optimization is also a good option to take, to get your full moneys worth.

Just an opinion to the R3 ppl, i find the gold coloured potruding plastic component which is part of the clock on top the dashboard in the middle deflecting light back to the windscreen causing uncomfortable glare on a bright sunny day. If the colour could be changed to black or other darker colours then it would be fantastic.

Divine said:
Just an opinion to the R3 ppl, i find the gold coloured potruding plastic component which is part of the clock on top the dashboard in the middle deflecting light back to the windscreen causing uncomfortable glare on a bright sunny day. If the colour could be changed to black or other darker colours then it would be fantastic.
Gold? The interior colours of the R3 LEV are Black(Primary) Red (Secondary) Dark Titanium. The part in question is in Dark Titanuim with a matt finish, which shouldn't reflect

waja3348 said:

Waja 3348, firstly, please refrain from using such a large font size. By doing so, you are akin to "shouting" at all the forummers who participate in this thread. It is considered rude behavior. Even if you are frustrated or angry at something, just post in the normal font size. We do not have problems with our eyes, we can read your posting, and will respond accordingly.

To answer your question, R3 is a "Proton" tuning house, just like how TRD is toyota, Nismo is Nissan..etc. They are tuning divisions of the Manufacturer.

dolly said:
crash, so how? you getting one? :D

Hell yes, if budget permits. Younger brother wants one.

I also want one. I'll have a whole series of R3 LEVs in my house in coming years me thinks.

ops.. sorry to all zth members. regarding the font was a mistake which i do not know. never play around with the font size. actually, it was try & error. i personally surprise to see the font size & yet, dunno how to re-edit. sorry to all.

i did several research regarding performance product & i believe wat Faisal said earlier is true. the price is competitive enough. no further argument k? :wink:

Top Bottom