Fuel meter headache ..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ocean

Known Member
Wira 1300 CC's fuel meter going to crazy. Sometime it works .. sometime it didn't work. My friend told me (he heard from foreman) actually it is some electronic component spoilt and can be replaced by our own. No need to replace the whole fuel meter which will cost you a bomb. Anywhere anyone here SIFU has idea and repair before? mind to share some experience.

Thanks!

Fluffy said:
rosak?hrm..as in its jumpy ar? or just not even moving?

Sometime it works ... sometime it didn't work .. depend on mood one .. :sad_smile:

which techincian u go to? maybe u should try other technician out there..

ur location?

same la... my fuel meter.. worst!!! step on the pedal the meter go down 2 collumn.. if release then go back to normal!!!

haha..
normal prob for wira 1.3
i face the same prob wif my old engine...
y not go chop shop n find mitsu meter??
can get the RPM also...
if wan cheaper one then source for wira 1.5 meter lor....

ps: my frens call my fuel gauge as ''boost'' meter last time!!!
coz whenever step on the gas the meter goes up n down like mad...
but then wif full tank then onli minimum movements la....

heh, mine oso... lompat lompat~ my wira used original 1.3 meter (no rpm), it work well, but after i masuk 1.6 wira (with automatic indicator) da fuel meter jump and jump and jump... still can guess left how muc la, and if wan read da exacly fuel, mus stop engine 1st. i ask sum ppl, they said da wiring, bcos 1.3 fuel meterl very big, and scale not match.

the "boost" metre kinda problem i think is cause of the sensor in the tank itself.i tried shaking the car and the needle went up and down.nothing happens when the car is still.

hi guys ...
I took out the whole meter already ..
that fuel meter look very simple. behind the board has 2 resistors.
Suspect the big resistor going to spoilt. The resistor seem like bit burnt ..

The resistor color is RED GREEN GOLD RED
it should be 25K tolerance (+-) 2%
Search for few electronic shops, I unable to find this kind of resistor. damn ... :confused_smile:

Last edited:
Mine oso...my satria 1.3 having de same prob. How to fix it out? Any idea guys?

when ur meter not moving at all?

simple solution: everytime when the needle is not working, use karate chop on the dashboard near the fuel meter side, guarantee it'll work (i tried this myself lastime)

permanent solution:
two types of permanent solutions:
1. remove the blardy thing, get some contact cleaner spray the blardy contacts on both sides of the contact; OR
2. remove the blardy thing, get some professional electrician to resolder the contacts behind the meter panel (at the PCB, not the ribbon lar, the PCB), it may work permanently 100% or maybe 0% success rate, try ur luck.

Top Bottom