feedbacks??? d2 vs titan racing

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
on a gti. now i m confused between titan using currenly or swap wit d2 h/l s/h!!???....

both are new product used gab before.. so if anywan knows pls do share ur experince bout the product???? anywan using d2 on their sgti pls share!

thanks!

p/s for now i m selling my titan adjustable interested pls pm me!!! hahahah...

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
pay a visit to R3, take a look at their track car especially the MME one..i think u'll find your answer there :)

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
pay a visit to R3, take a look at their track car especially the MME one..i think u'll find your answer there :)
what shock they use?

that R3 is setup for track use but for normal day to day use track setup is not so good ... too stiff.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
D2... Titan can b customize, sooner & later u'll get bored to waiting whole day there just to get it softer or harder... hahahah....

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
that very true titan u have to go up and down to do tuning! ah ya still m confused??? r3 setting... nah! to stiff for on the road..... but the standard wan is quite good!

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
guys thanks for all your feedback! i have decided to go wit d2 after takin a spin on my fren sgti wit d2 setting! is more to my liking plus it comes wit complete pillow front and back!
thanks all!

p/S by this my titan racing is up for sale. anyway interested do pm me ok! good price!

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Yo xbalance: Found out a lot of their track cars are on D2. yeah agreed with you that track settings might be too stiff, but i guess it's realiable enough and that's why they would use it. I myself bought a set of D2 racing absorbers about 2 years ago with front 9kg(JIC spring) and rear (6kg) and it is performing great on Sepang. no regrets seriously.

The D2 racing now infact comes with a softer spring rate (i think it's 5.5 front and 4 rear) so it should be quite alright on normal road usage.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I just bought a set of D2 for my Satria GTI now converted for track use. I have used HKS on my WRX, and I can tell you that D2 is less bouncy. I am still not very happy with its track performance, for example in Turn 5 & 6, there is still too much body roll, I think mine comes with the softer springs. But my work shop has a set of front and back harder springs, I will try it next time. But road performance is excelent, sadly this is not what I want as my SGTI is purely for track use.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
james: when my D2 on 7.5k front spring, and rear 6k, there was a minor body roll as well (and yes.. sepang turn 5 & 6 for sure.) Till i change the front spring rate to 9k and i feel the huge difference :)

Last edited:

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Yee,
Noted, i been inform by titan guys they say if upgrade stiffer spring rate need to re-tune the damping/rebound pressure rate.

guys want to ask can is there any advantage / different if use twin tube and mono tube suspension for track use?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i am using D2 now but hi/low only, good for comfort and spirited driving cos they provide me with long stroke ones... for track just opt for harder spring rate ie : 7k above..

personally its good and it absorbs bump pretty well too...

been user of GAB and TEIN, now i've switch to d2.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
I just bought a set of D2 for my Satria GTI now converted for track use. I have used HKS on my WRX, and I can tell you that D2 is less bouncy. I am still not very happy with its track performance, for example in Turn 5 & 6, there is still too much body roll, I think mine comes with the softer springs. But my work shop has a set of front and back harder springs, I will try it next time. But road performance is excelent, sadly this is not what I want as my SGTI is purely for track use.

james: dude you staying in subang area ? :P

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

xbalance: yeah...probably if you change to a higher spring rates, the stock absorbers settings are unable to damps out the oscillations of the springs. That's why they will need to re-tune it. There are people putting/ changing the absorbers oil to a Gear oil in order to make it stiffer. Not sure how Titan's gonna do it. :)

While if you have soft hard adjustment on ur absorbers, you are able to play with the settings when you change to a higher spring rates. But again, the soft/hard adjustments are not ultimate. It can only able to damps out the oscillations of springs up to certain range only. for example: we can't expect a tein super street to hold up a spring rate up to 20kg, that's why they have Tein Racing/Tein Monoflex/Tein N1. -my 2 cents-

Fstrader: The D2-racing orignally comes with Hi-lo, soft-hard only. The one that u were mentioning one is from Malaysia one. Heard is re-brand from one of the absorbers maker in malaysia.

take a look:

http://www.d2racingsport.com

D2 Racing NA - Welcome

Last edited:

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Yes, I stay in Subang, my D2 is adjustable for height and hardness. I will try a harder spring soon in May track days. My next mod will be to the gearbox and then engine. I was running slicks in the last track session, you can definitely feel the body roll and no matter how you adjust the hardness on the D2, you will feel the body roll. Turn in for Turn 5 is ok, but as you exit out you feel the body pitch and this causes a slight oversteer. Ok, if you pushing 140KMH, not ok as I was in 3rd gear, just pushing 120KMH. Stock SGTI gearbox needs to be replace by MIVEC asap.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Thanks for D2 site. James

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
James: hehe..maybe one day we can meet up and have a drink someday. :) and believe me..the front 9k and rear 6k will do u good in sepang :) (but it depends on what brand of spring you're using) Even same 9k spring rate manufactured by different company might have different stiffness.

Yeah..the spring is still the "heart" of the suspension. If you're only adjusting the hard/soft only but not changing the spring rates, you're not gonna reduce a lot of body roll. It's like tend to "cheat" on the absorbers by telling her " hey you've got a harder spring to work with", but infact absorbers itself are doing the job. too hard/too soft settings will only get your absorbers damage.

Oh yeah..i almost damage my absorbers when i played with the hard/soft settings Immediately i pitted in after 5 laps. It almost got jammed. Dare not do it anymore.

- my 1 cent - :P

Last edited: