F1 Nov '06 - Feb '07 (Off Season) News & Updates

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
will Kimi blow the Ferrari engine? or set the record for the highest number of blown engine in Ferrari history. :)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
McLaren MP4-22 launching
image source:www.f1racing.net

check the exhaust colour...

McLaren's driver now must have Ron Dennis' hair style?

anyone know what does the MP stand for? hehe, post here if you do.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
BMW Sauber F1.07
image source:www.f1racing.net

no more brazilian model and dancing this time around.

what happen to you, nick...
(Now I clearly understand about Nikki Lauda's statement, "even M*nk*y can drive F1 car",
just kidding, no offend to Quick Nick's fans out there) :biggrin:

this is something new...

Powered by DELL huh?

Last edited:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Ah... I thought im going to post up the McLaren car. haha.
Ya, both the drivers has short hair... really funny... Maybe they wanna cut weight on the driver as much as possible just like what kimi do before going for race in Brazil last year... He sh*t. oppps... and he is lighter.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Kimi's ex-boss mention something that worry me
source:http://www.f1racing.net/en/news/2007/01/17/sauber_warns_of_tough_year_for_ferrari/

Sauber warns of tough year for Ferrari
17 January 2007

While some expect Ferrari to romp away in the lead at the start of the new season, Peter Sauber, who introduced both Massa and Raikkonen to F1 and used to buy F1 engines from Ferrari expects the Italian team to struggle without Michael Schumacher.

"After Michael it'll be a difficult year for Ferrari," Sauber said. "Michael was really fast and also excellent on the technical side. I'm sure Jean Todt knows exactly how good Raikkonen is and where his strengths and weaknesses are."

Sauber went on to say that while Raikkonen was clearly fast, he wasn't as strong as Schumacher on the technical side.

"Kimi isn't so interested in the technical issues and today in F1 that's vital to develop the car," he added. "I think Felipe will be a good support for him and he made a good step forward last year."
sound like earlier day of Takumi ya. :biggrin:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
And that ex-boss also said this before, he said, i roughly say for him la, hehe
Kimi has one good thing, he is a forgetfull person. He never blame the engineer for the technical problem. After the retirement, he will forget it and let it behind and aim for the next race.
(Please don sue me). hehe

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Fight between Schumi and Montoya still continue outside the racing circuit, LOL.

Montoya: Schumacher is a nobody
17 January 2007
source:http://www.f1racing.net/en/news/2007/01/17/montoya_schumacher_is_a_nobody/
Juan Pablo Montoya has hit out at Michael Schumacher. The Colombian, who raced for McLaren until halfway into 2006, joined the NASCAR series but believes seven times F1 world champion Michael Schumacher is a 'nobody' in the United States.

Speaking to the New York Times Michael Schumacher reacted on Montoya's move to Nascar: "Personally I wouldn't do it. What do you do in NASCAR? What is exciting there? I can not see that, they are running around on ovals."

Montoya had to react on Schumacher's words by saying: "Schumacher in America is nobody. People don't understand what a big challenge this style of racing is. Michael Schumacher, just take him to Homestead (Fla.) and tell him to stay half a second off the pace. He would have a heart attack."

"It would be a hard transition (for Schumacher) for sure," he said. "It's not an easy transition. I had the advantage that I raced two years of ovals and did a little bit of stock cars with little ones when I started my career. All that really helps."

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Looks like someone will join Alex Yoong soon.

Karthikeyan to try A1 Grand Prix
17 January 2007
source: http://www.f1racing.net/en/news/2007/01/17/karthikeyan_to_try_a1_grand_prix/
Williams F1 Team test driver Narain Karthikeyan, will race for A1 Team India at Taupo, New Zealand, in the A1GP round this weekend.

A national sporting hero in India, he says of joining A1 Team India, "I'm very proud to drive for my country in A1GP. I've been following the team's fortunes since the start of the Series. Frank Williams has kindly agreed for me to race, but my Formula 1 testing duties for Williams will always be my number 1 priority. I am very thankful for Sir Frank's support and feel very privileged to be in Formula One, but like all racing drivers I want to race fast cars. In recent months, I have had several offers to drive in America and Japan, but I chose A1GP because the race schedule does not clash with my Formula 1 commitments."

"I hope that I can help A1 Team India improve its performance in the series, as well as heighten its profile back home," he added. "I know that I'm joining the series part way through the second season and many teams have been working with experienced drivers since the start. If I can accelerate the learning curve for the team and we can make progress, possibly scoring some points, I'll be very pleased."

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
more and more new sponsor joining '06 winless McLaren team, no wonder Ron Dennis clearly stated that his team is now "debt free",

I'm just very curious, is it because of Alonso? Hamilton? Ron Dennis? or the middle east new investor?
anyone have the clue?

FedEx joins McLaren
17 January 2007
source: http://www.f1racing.net/en/news/2007/01/17/fedex_joins_mclaren/
FedEx Express and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes announced yesterday their long term partnership agreement. This will see FedEx Express to be the team's official logistics partner and also bring the World's largest express transportation company and one of the most successful Formula 1 teams together.

Ron Dennis said about his latest sponsorship agreement: "I am pleased the FedEx Express, a truly outstanding company, has joined the team, and am proud the company's logo, one of the World's most respected and well-known, will adorn our driver's overalls as we seek to add to our Grand Prix and World Championship success this season."

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
BlackSamurai said:
more and more new sponsor joining '06 winless McLaren team, no wonder Ron Dennis clearly stated that his team is now "debt free",

I'm just very curious, is it because of Alonso? Hamilton? Ron Dennis? or the middle east new investor?
anyone have the clue?

FedEx joins McLaren
17 January 2007
source: http://www.f1racing.net/en/news/2007/01/17/fedex_joins_mclaren/
Alonso...
Or... They are very satisfy with the McLaren SLR. haha

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
MP stand for marlboro project
its d name used b4 Marlboro moves from Mclaren to ferrari
i donno wheather its still stand tis way...
i got tis from F1racing mag

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
according to wiki, during Marlboro day, MP = Marlboro Project, well, as you know, the Marlboro McLaren Honda have a great success, after Marlboro drop McLaren and join the real red squard. Ron Dennis says that MP = McLaren Project.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
R27 launched.. new livery withouth mild seven..
source: www.f1racing.net

new sidepod i believe

kind of complex design here

this is even more complex aero setup

Renault now having the similar side mirror like Ferrari F248, mounted on top of the sidepod

the boyz..

is this the engine + exhaust?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
source:http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/02/13/schumacher_getting_ready_for_management_role/
Schumacher getting ready for management role

13 February 2007

According to the German media, seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher is in constant contact with Ferrari, suggesting that he might be returning to the team in a management role.

"He has been in Maranello more this year than ever before," a Ferrari insider told German magazine auto, motor und sport.

Apparently Schumacher is playing a role in the team's preparations for its 2007 campaign. It is said that he receives all the testing data at home.

"Michael's role in the background of the team is clearly defined," said his spokesperson Sabine Kehm.

"Whoever would be taking part in this kind of thing is being made ready for something on a higher level. It must be team boss," the insider added.​

source: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/02/14/schumacher_visits_ferrari_in_barcelona/

Schumacher visits Ferrari in Barcelona

14 February 2007
Michael Schumacher was spotted at Circuit de Catalunya. The former Formula 1 World Champion and Ferrari driver arrived this morning to watch Ferrari's test programme from the Italian team's pitbox.

According to the team Schumacher's visit is nothing special. "He is just visiting to see what we're doing," a Ferrari spokesperson told GPUpdate.net. "He likes to see how we are doing and that is the only reason why he travelled to Spain." According to several rumours Michael Schumacher could replace Jean Todt at the end of the year. Schumacher never visited the Ferrari factory as often as he did this winter said the German press.

Ferrari is currently testing for three days at Circuit de Catalunya with Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa. Especially on Tuesday the duo completed a lot of laps, and were both on top of the timesheets.

Last edited:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
I have a question. Who is going to be Ferrari's Director for the F1 race? Still Jean Todd? He got promoted.
Hehe. I ask because im concerning about kimi. haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To make the story short, i currently change my front and rear brake to e5 brembo, the front i use e4 knuckles since it plug the front brembo with just one lower arm ball joint replacement,and use back oem abs sensor, the rear i custom bracket to fit the caliper, use back ori abs gear and sensor with custom bracket and proper sensor spacing...

When all the mod done, i went for teasting, discover the brake pedal sinked to the metal while i apply brake, brake not functioning well and need...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience