Extractor thermowrap.......

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
my downpipe is below clutch n brake pump.....so wrapped extractor instead of prevent heat from extractor to spread out...it indirectly prevent d heat to the clutch n brake oil from become hot....

if ur car is standard dun need wrap..if u mods it..or boost up....better change downpipe n wrapped it lo....not so expensive stuff

jlxover

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
ceramicocoating.blogspot.com
JL Ceramic Coating

:shades_smile:

direct ceramic coating the exhaust or turbo housing is the best way to solve the problem

cheers

shuqster

Apr 16, 2006

direct ceramic coating the exhaust or turbo housing is the best way to solve the problem

cheers
Bro i think you better start quoting prices! HAHAHA!

kenzo

6,000 RPM
guyz, the hotter the exhaust gas, the lighter it becomes, and the faster it exits out the exhaust system, its not just to keep the temperature of the extractor low, instead the inner of the extractor gets very hot, the ceramic coating keeps the heat inside the extractor or piping, for turbo users, it really give good response trust me haha, its good for natural aspirated too, i wrapped at my piping, so far soo good, for extrator, try get the black colour, from usa, and for piping, i just use firehill thermowrap....

jlxover

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
ceramicocoating.blogspot.com
JL Ceramic Coating

The price is base on what parts that you want to coat.
For example : Exhaust manifold.
1. What type of Exhaust manifold? N/A or Turbo?
2. For what car?
3. Where else need to coat? Turbo Housing, Sidepipe, Downpipe, Wastegate....?

So the best way is you need to let me know what parts that you want to apply ceramic coating like piston, exhaust, valve, oil pan, crankshaft, conrod....etc.

cheers..

Bro i think you better start quoting prices! HAHAHA!

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i wanted to wrap my exhaust manifold but after reading the article at the link provided by maxx i now have doubts. has anyone been using thermowrap for a long time? did ur manifold crack? i need to wrap my manifold cause it is near my radiator so my radiator is getting all the heat.

Choon

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Perak
Visit site
kenzo is right. insulating your extractor (or your whole exhaust system) will contain the heat of the exhaust within the piping. In thermodynamics, more heat = more energy, and with more energy, you exhaust gas will flow faster. this means, after wrapping, your exhaust gas can exit the exhaust pipe at a faster rate, which can be considered, improve exhaust gas flow, but by how much, tat's really the question.

anyway, anyone heard of elevo thermowrap b4? i got a price of 90 per 10m, is it good thermal wrap?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
All About Header Wraps

iirc., header wrap for turbo (before the turbo) will give more turbo response coz turbo also rely on the exhaust gas expension..
Thanks for the link. I can now safely forget about any wrapping my exhaust system. haha I'll see if I can make small pipes to direct external wind to the exhaust headers.

Choon

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Perak
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I can now safely forget about any wrapping my exhaust system. haha I'll see if I can make small pipes to direct external wind to the exhaust headers.
I think u shudn't do that. Exhaust gas shud remain at it maximum temperature. Directing wind will cool it down, reducing the exhaust gas temperature and thus reducing its energy to flow out quickly. correct me if i'm wrong

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Choon,
For real? Dang. Now I'm stuck on between both ends. Sigh. Guess after I get my exhaust system, I will have to ceramic coat it. Expensive, I heard.

Choon

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Perak
Visit site
choon is right s95.btw,nice tattoo choon.hehehe.....young n dangerous.:)
:biggrin: i'll take tat as a compliment

btw, any1 heard of elevo brand before? i got a price of 90 per 10m for elevo thermal wrap, expensive or cheap? is this a good brand?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i think firehill is better.it can withstand up to 950 degree c.elevo capability
is only around 700-800.firehill is a bit expensive.around rm85 for 7.5m.

Choon

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Perak
Visit site
yep, i heard it can withstand til 800 degree C max. Any idea wer can i get the the firehill thermal wrap? any1 from zth selling?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
choon is right s95.btw,nice tattoo choon.hehehe.....young n dangerous.:)
Like that ar, then tiu lor. No need to modify car already. hahaha I was told about Greddy e-manage and I should just install that first rather than modify all the parts here and there. That'll pretty much give my engine an so-called optimal tuning first. hehehe

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Like that ar, then tiu lor. No need to modify car already. hahaha I was told about Greddy e-manage and I should just install that first rather than modify all the parts here and there. That'll pretty much give my engine an so-called optimal tuning first. hehehe
first u modified ur car then install the e-manage to fine tune ur engine also
can what bro.....:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
My car's using firehill wrappings and still intact after nearly 3 years....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wondering if there any car owners install any of the products from ultra racing (chasis tuning)??any differences or improvements of handling?? i just only install front strut bar 4 point and rear anti roll bar on my 03 kancil..havent't test and see the diff yet..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience