orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
wow from opinion to arguments. . good laaa share ur all punya knowledge here

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
nova, i think most well known and reputable tuners in KK know how to tune standalone ecu for everyday driving... its no fair to say that all tuner in sabah only know how to tune full blown drag cars.. i've seen so many car with standalone ecu driven day in and day out without much problem...

cheamys

Mar 27, 2005
malaysia
:mouth_closed: Nova is correct.There is no way for any single man/tuner give excellent performance from any standalone ECus if compare to stock ECUs; espicially to tune the engine for dairy driving.

:mouth_closed: Any 1- man show tuner will always find that it is too sensitive to alter the low engine load or low airflow operating A/F requirements from his programmable Ecu. and he often find it is very easy not to cause much engine miss fire even he lean out the air-fuel mix 2 20% less or enriched 20% more fueling at higher engine speed operation. This is also the reason why most so-called good Ecus tuners claims their tuning are good for drag or racing purposes.

:mouth_closed: Just try to find out by yourself that most non-stock ECU programmers everytime have a deep feeling of something like : A donkey catch its own tail - this seen like a never ending job in his standalone Ecu tuning & testing. but anyway he still have to deliver the customer's car.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
well i know someone if wanna remap ecu evo123/honda obd1/tune safc and emanage (otr tune with wideband) in miri.
other than that not sure he can do

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Ah Tet, Hamid and Melvin are the famous names is KK. I haven't tuned mine before, but I usually go to Melvin for some other works such as fixing my ECU. He is good in electronics. Melvin is more into emanage and adaptronic.

My friends (including Pangyau above :biggrin:) have high regards for Hamid. I can say that Hamid did a damn fine job on his car. Smooth and strong powerband. His Evo 8 MR is not one that you want to mess with. If you see it on the road, don't try anything :biggrin:. But Hamid only does standalone.

All tuners have their fair share of success and blown engine stories. Hehehe.... But of course that is the learning curve. Which tuner never blown an engine before? If there is one, yours could be the first.

By the way, does ah tet still "layan" tuning? I thought he already fully gone into service and repair high end cars.

Last edited: