eClutch by Bosch (less problem to our left foot from now on)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
Bosch’s new eClutch system might just be the best thing for enthusiast drivers since sliced bread. The eClutch system is an electrically-operated clutch for manual cars, or ‘clutch by wire’ if you like. Having a manual car clutch that can be automatically controlled in certain situations has its benefits.

Firstly, no more killing your left foot in traffic jams. The eClutch system will control the clutch in heavy stop and go traffic, allowing drivers to start off from rest in first or second gear without stalling or jerking. Your manual car magically becomes an automatic.

Of course, we doubt it’ll be as smooth as a torque converter automatic, and will probably feel closer to automated manual or ‘AMT’ gearboxes, but still, imagine a world where a car is automatic during jams and becomes a 100% three pedal car on B-roads.

The eClutch system will also allow automatic coasting on highways when the throttle is closed, so you don’t have to press the clutch pedal or shift to neutral manually.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Bosch eClutch Start Stop coasting and Boost Recuperation System - YouTube

check out the video.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
From what I understand (without watching the video since blocked), you can turn it on and off? Meaning you can operate it during traffic jams?

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
since our country high in traffic jam, i have a feeling the on and off engine wont last tht long though. like Mazda i-Eloop can on and off when the car on standstill.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good afternoon~

Nowadays, all kind of Carbon Fiber parts appeared in the market. More and more people getting it especially hood and GT Wing. So, I would like to ask...

How you guys take care/maintain your carbon fiber product to keep it shiny over years?

Normal wax?
Water clean?
Car wash shampoo?

Hope sifu sifu here can enlighten me. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience