E7/8/9 Brakes

audetom

read while you still can
Aug 30, 2004
Selangor/KL
Bro, just wondering...maybe stupid question here...

can brake system from Evo 7/8/9 plug n play to Lancer GT...?
seen lot of them at chop shop nowdays...

thanks...

orange

Oct 8, 2004
if im not mistaken, "yes" since it share same knuckle, jus maybe ur rim cant fit coz d offset n rim clearence can fit it... jus my opinion, dun shoot me if im mistaken...:thefinger:

danielcwo

Aug 21, 2004
If you said Plug-n-play for new Lancer GT... answer is NO. You need to custom the bracket for it. Beside that, make sure your rim offset is good enough to clear the caliper.

rev555

Dec 30, 2007
if u use evo10 caliper will be no prolem..but if u use evo5-9 brembo caliper ..alot of thing u have to do like the bracket for caliper n the difficilt is the rotor..u have to fine a big rotor to fit the knucker ,,a lot thing to do ..bro...better order a vttr 6pot more cheaper n easy to install.haha.n not expensive too...:wavey:

leslie

Aug 14, 2004
yeah.. i saw a lancer gt with vvtr caliper and then sprayed it red with brembo word on it.. actually looks quite nice...

rims need to change too if using brembo caliper...offset at least 31 & below....

kelly84

May 14, 2005
PeeJay
Hi sifus, I'm a LGT owner and recently purchased a set of BBKs taken from Airtrek. The rear 2 pot brembos can't seem to fit into my back due to different brake shoe size/design. Any idea if I could custom/machine a new shoe to fit? Front brakes are fine tho.

Any help is much appreciated. If there are any good workshops, pls refer too. Tq

heyy guys ! tell me your opinions on these options for evo 3 modification.. targetted boost is about 1.7 bar

Option 1
-1jz pistons or 2jz(which is better)
-evo3 forged con-rods
-stock crankshaft

Option 2
-Evo 3 stroker kit 2.3l

Option 3
-Evo 3 Forged pistons
-Evo 3 Forged con-rods
-Stock crankshaft

im sorry for behaving like a dumb ass noob :biggrin: but i need some help on which of these option is sufficient and save.