• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
:confused:

:stupido3:

Do anybody have experience using the "Turbo concepts 3-bar MAP sensor" that's been sold for use wit e-manage??
If i were to use this sensor, do i stil need to use my 609 MAF.

Need help here. I'm considering either to use stainless steel pipe with evo's 609 MAF
OR
Use 3-bar MAP, no need piping/MAF for turbine intake.

PLEASE ADVICE :adore:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
u can ditch away the MAF ... but bear in mind you need to datalog your run once to get the MAF voltage ... so that you can expect what are the values to key in for your airflow output voltage map when u ditch your MAF to run MAP

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
err u cant ditch it , unless u r running the ultimate

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
o0o0ops... now only i notice ts didnt mention whether using blue or ultimate.. only ultimate can ditch the maf

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
u can ditch away the MAF ... but bear in mind you need to datalog your run once to get the MAF voltage ... so that you can expect what are the values to key in for your airflow output voltage map when u ditch your MAF to run MAP
eh... i thought mitsu MAF running frequency... how to convert to voltage la?

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
But i thought the Turbo innovation product was made for e-manage blue...
So confirm cannot use la.
Then what is actually the purpose or benefit of using that particular MAP sensor? In other words do i need it or don't ? :confused:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
So i was wondering..
Is the 3bar MAP sensor for e-manage is kinda like Dastek's Unichip Boost Module:
Whereby u can manage the boost to each gear differently?
I know i am better off upgrading to a full standalone with internal MAP but i'm planning it on the 2nd stage of my upgrade.

So is there any additional upgrade for my e-manage blue in the market that i oughta consider..?:nurse:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
I am planning to go Lo = 1bar Hi =1.5bar... And i'm leaning towards getting the thing.
Or maybe better get e-boost controler first so can set Hi & Lo (now using Works manual BC). :banghead:

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
i think with this 3bar map sensor, it only help the emange blue fine tune the A/F ratio. meaning correction can be done to the base map base on the boost pressure.

my current setup also run with 3bar map sensor and rpm as monitoring source. TPS was not use in my case.

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sorry guys for bringing up an old topic..juz wanting some clarification on this topic..

i'm using emanage blue(mini) on my L2s engine..planning to increase boost around <1.5bar..

can i use dis 3 bar map sensor and rpm input for tuning purpose?as many knows,l2s tps only read on/off only instead of %..so if i mod the tps to the % type i still cannot boosting over 1 bar since oem map sensor is just 2 bar..

so which one will have better setting while on and off boost?

tps+3 bar map sensor or 3 bar map sensor+rpm input?

help me pls...the more i read about dis topic,more headache i get..

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
I have a close friend that use e-manage blue on his L2 boost at 1.5 bar using standard map sensor. If im not mistaken there is a menu in the support tool that can disable boost cut. Hope im right about this. Im also still learning to tune e-manage.

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
tq..1 more question..

can or not dis emanage blue get it reading from stock map sensor?

asking becos L2s tps only send on/off signal to the ecu..meaning that i cannot fully use that 16x16 parameter that emanage have..so instead of using tps as an input can or not if i use my stock map sensor as an input?if this method can be use,do i need to inform the tuner or not?not to doubt ours tuner ability but sometimes it just cross my mind since i cannot see what he's doing with his laptop.. :embarassed:

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
Yes you may use the map sensor. No need to inform them, most of the tuners using the map sensor to tune. If u still want to use tps sensor, u need to change to nissan tps sensor tht can straight away pnp to L2 throttle body.

Sep 22, 2014
miri
hi all,

i have a few question....currently im using emanage blue with 3 bar maf sensor on my car...l200s 3 cylinder turbocharged...but now my problem is my car still got boost cut even after i remap my boost limiter cut setting on emanage down till 3 volts...do i need to use my standard maf sensor if i already use 3 bar maf sensor?? anyone can help me on this matter??

Sep 22, 2014
miri
can please anyone help me? currently i cant remove boost cut from my emanage im using emanage blue + 3 bar maf sensor + tps...in the setting i try to clamp up to 3 volts boost cut limiter setting but still got boost cut....pening already...previously i use safc 5 button only and i use fish bone to hack signal from maf sensor and i can boost up my car up to 2.0 bar (actually more than 2.0bar i think coz my boost meter is up to 2.0 bar only)