Dynasty Warriors 5

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Got 5 already ar? maybe i am abit out....still playing DW4 only

Last edited:
whats new in this version of dynasty warriors 5? new characters? new maps? new storyline?

hm... better graphic, unique items easier to obtained, more officers! maybe got new maps and new storylines la since got new characters.

eg9525, what advise? what officer are you using now?

woo woo ok chun i'm gonna get .. hmm.. sians my ps2 under utilised..

Finished it almost one month ago(i think even longer), unlocked all the power-up items(all "+20"), officers, movies, orbs, horses and maps.....even most the character's most powerful weapon(you must replay certain missions for the character using hard mode or higher, these weapons are not your usual "Attack:+4, Strength:+8....." that kind of weapon, but rather like this "Attack:+40,Strength:+38,Musou:+40..." that kind of weapon stats)

Too bad I kenot transfer the save file into my thumbdrive and upload here so that I can share with everybody in this forum who is playing this game.....

The generals that i recommend to unlock all the special power-up items, orbs and horses is using Lu Bu or Zuo Ci, of course it will be useful if you can get their special weapons first....

Last edited:
you need to complete ALL the officers in the musou mode in order to get Zuo Ci, lil_joker did you play the rampage mode?

4agze: i do not really play the rampage mode but i usually use the survivor mode to test out each character's capability.

civic-r: speaking of Ling Tong, he is fast but his attacks are very low in the initial stages. To settle the problem, try looking for the "Serpent Earing" power up item. The serpent earing helps to increase your attack by 2 for every 100 kills, and the effect is permanant!

Another character good to use is Diao Chan(the one in 4agze's avatar)...her musou attack is very deadly, especially if she is in the middle of a large crowd. My highest musou attack using her is abt 100+ people(of course that is during survival mode)....

of course there are some character's musou attack sucks....one of them is Gan Ning.....another one is Zhang Jiao(the crappiest character in the whole entire game)

BTW, do you realise that there are some in-game conversation between the characters are funny?

For example, Zhang Jiao's brother saying"........OOH, I FEEL THE POWER IN MY HAND!!!!!" when Zhang Jiao supposedly past him some "power" to him in order to activate the wind attack.....yucks, sounded so gay.....

Last edited:
Oh yes I'm an avid fan of this series!

Diao Chan? Good character? You gotta be kidding... Pang Tong's musou is even deadlier than her's. Her best asset is speed, yet her 4th weapon is heavy.
If you go to DW5 boards many fans classify her as one of the worst characters.

Ling Tong is one of the best characters, when you take his speed and C3 (or was it C4?) into account.
That combo is simply broken* man.

Zhang Jiao is the worst character, I didn't even bother to get his 4th weapon. (which is the hardest 4th weapon to get btw)

Zuo Ci is simply a god.

One of my personal favorite is Ma Chao, the best rider in the game. Get his 4th weapon. put him on a horse, preferably Red Hare or Shadow, and he's unstoppable. Actually he's pretty good without the horse too.

*term used in the gaming community for characters, items, or etc that are/is too powerful/unbalanced.

There's a code to unlock all officers, but if you use it the fun factor will go down.

psyk said:
whats new in this version of dynasty warriors 5? new characters? new maps? new storyline?

Enemy bases, new angles (storyline).
Graphics are pretty much the same. I think they peaked at number 4.
Google it up if you want more details.

hm... another experienced player, tho i havent finished up all, probably 20% of the game only, but all of the characters i've cleared the musou have his 4th weapon, some i got it with fresh character. ma chao is god of horses...

totti said:
Oh yes I'm an avid fan of this series!

Diao Chan? Good character? You gotta be kidding... Pang Tong's musou is even deadlier than her's. Her best asset is speed, yet her 4th weapon is heavy.
If you go to DW5 boards many fans classify her as one of the worst characters.

Ling Tong is one of the best characters, when you take his speed and C3 (or was it C4?) into account.
That combo is simply broken* man.

Zhang Jiao is the worst character, I didn't even bother to get his 4th weapon. (which is the hardest 4th weapon to get btw)

Zuo Ci is simply a god.

One of my personal favorite is Ma Chao, the best rider in the game. Get his 4th weapon. put him on a horse, preferably Red Hare or Shadow, and he's unstoppable. Actually he's pretty good without the horse too.

*term used in the gaming community for characters, items, or etc that are/is too powerful/unbalanced.

There's a code to unlock all officers, but if you use it the fun factor will go down.

well, maybe i am wrong but i based Diao Chan's performance when i use her to play musou mode and also the survival mode.....yeah, Ling Tong is really very strong in the game now, espcially right now i have maxed all his attack stats and also got his 4th weapon...as for Pang Tong, i only use him when i need a good laugh.....kekeke

but i think Lu Bu is still the strongest character in the game. Period...

Oh yeah, Lu Bu is the strongest in the series. He's so powerful that using him is almost as cheating, hahah.
Let's not forget his quote after defeating an officer..

"WHO ELSE SEEKS DEATH?!"

His foul-mouth is hilarious, especially in Musou mode.

But then again, there are many funny dialogues in this game, such as the lines of the guard captains in the bases e.g.
"if they're so eager to die, we'll be happy to oblige them" or "just because we're a supply base doesn't mean we can't fight"

...and the captain ends up dead 5 seconds(or less) later. lol.

oh and the yellow turbans dialogue that you mentioned. hahahahaha. i think zhang jiao is the funniest character in the game.

lolz.. using Lu Bu is quite equivalent to cheating.. a bit overpowered... well aside from Lu Bu i would say that Zhao Yun is there among the best... great speed.. great reach... powerful attacks and wide musou...

Lu Bu, the strongest worrior at that time according to the book.

Zhao Yun, my all time idol.

BlackSamurai said:
Lu Bu, the strongest worrior at that time according to the book.

Zhao Yun, my all time idol.

Lu Bu was the strongest.. pity he didnt had the brains to go with it..

lolz.. mine too.. still regard him as the bravest... charging through Cao Cao's lines...

Top Bottom