do BOV need on auto. cars??

Mr^Mania

Jul 26, 2004
heyya fella, wanna ask all sifus or members here...!! and wanna share knowledge from u guys and sifu's tooo.... my question is, do vehicle with turbo engine but an automatic transmission vehicles need to put BOV?

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
good Q........i wanna know too.....

haha auto chaging gear..... maybe the BOV sound only PIS! 1 shot fast fast.

ping5828

Jul 13, 2005
Miri,Malaysia
BOV is to ensure tat ur turbo last longer... won't rosak so fast... auto car also got BOV ma..
correct me if im wrong.....

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
IF by chance no one replies, try posting in Forced Induction thread... good luck! :regular_smile:

acbc

KD
My VR4 turbo auto has BOV... Greddy Type-S. Will only vent upon releasing the accelerator pedal or change gears (manually override the shifts).

Mr^Mania

Jul 26, 2004
hurm... get some answer from u guys, thank you... so, do BOV is really needed? because im using auto transmission car without turbo and i add on the turbo!! so, here, im confuse... either wanna put it on or not??? need more information... is it really need or not??? just want have a confirmation!!!

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
Fluffy then how the PPIIISSSS...........sound?

for manual when high rev and cut the speed with cluth then the sound came out

how about auto?

chipstar

Aug 11, 2005
press gas pedal then release BOV will make sound.in idling i think wont work only when u re moving(experience with friend skyline auto).correct me if im wrong.

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Actually auto car doesn't really need BOV, but it does help with providing a longer turbo life spend.. cause techically why we need a bov is when the TB close we need to prevent the surge backwards.. but for an auto car we dun need to close the TB when changing gear... but hahhaa now adays.. hard driving.. i believe we need BOV

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
can't imagine Auto decelerating and got BOV sound....

will it sounds like farting?

imoloq

Nov 1, 2005
The BOV will activate when you let off the throttle so it doesn't matter what transmission it is.

Raja_Mongkut

Apr 14, 2005
Mr^Mania said:
hurm... get some answer from u guys, thank you... so, do BOV is really needed? because im using auto transmission car without turbo and i add on the turbo!! so, here, im confuse... either wanna put it on or not??? need more information... is it really need or not??? just want have a confirmation!!!
since u are bolting on a turbo on to an N/A AUTO..

i think there r greater matters at hand than worrying about whether u need a BOV or not

Mr^Mania

Jul 26, 2004
hurm... thanks for supporting my topics!!! but i still confuse either i wanna put BOV or not... as what is good to my turbine, i should put it.... i will give a try!! thanks everybody!!!

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Bolt on Auto.. first thing u should need 2 do is to see if ur GB would be able to withstand all the pressure and heat...

my stock waja having steering vibration at the speed after 110km/h,the rim is still new.

done balancing few times including on wheel balancing.it's a minor vibration,so not sure is it rim problem or some other stuff.

please advise.