DC5 probs

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hi..

I just bought a second hand DC5 couple of months ago. Great car, good engine and everything , really satisfied.

The only problem is, there's this some kind of weird sound coming from under the car, especially when i turn the car or after a long drive. It's sound like "gatatatata" , something like that..

At first I thought it had something to do with the drive shaft or something n when i take it to the mechanics, n after test drive the car n lift the car up n take a look under there n everything, then they told me that they can't be sure that the problem cause by the drive shaft n even if i change it to a new one, they wont take responsibilities if the sound was still there.
They say that the possibilities that the sound is coming from drive shaft is high.. the just can't be sure (then i told them to change their garage to bycicle 'bengkel'... lol...)

So , I'm just wondering if any of u guys here ever had any problem like this n would be able to tell me whats wrong with my car. My guess, the problem is coming from drive shaft or LSD.. but i'm not sure...

P/s .. the sound is coming from the front side only ..

if the sound only came when you turning while driving, it maybe driveshaft....

Hi..

I just bought a second hand DC5 couple of months ago. Great car, good engine and everything , really satisfied.

The only problem is, there's this some kind of weird sound coming from under the car, especially when i turn the car or after a long drive. It's sound like "gatatatata" , something like that..

At first I thought it had something to do with the drive shaft or something n when i take it to the mechanics, n after test drive the car n lift the car up n take a look under there n everything, then they told me that they can't be sure that the problem cause by the drive shaft n even if i change it to a new one, they wont take responsibilities if the sound was still there.
They say that the possibilities that the sound is coming from drive shaft is high.. the just can't be sure (then i told them to change their garage to bycicle 'bengkel'... lol...)

So , I'm just wondering if any of u guys here ever had any problem like this n would be able to tell me whats wrong with my car. My guess, the problem is coming from drive shaft or LSD.. but i'm not sure...

P/s .. the sound is coming from the front side only ..

Does the sound only happen when the car is moving, or happens also when stationery and engine is idling?

or maybe exhaust piping hit the rear sway bar like mine. hehe....

Ali:

why is your exhaust hitting the rear sway bar (ARB) ?

you changed to after market ones , is it ? :biggrin:

umhh..do u change your gear oil before..? or maybe the gear oil they change before u bought the car at the secondhand delear...cos the lsd gear oil n non lsd gear oil is difrent...using the wrong gear oil will come out the sound.....hope can help...cheers....:biggrin:

Ali:

why is your exhaust hitting the rear sway bar (ARB) ?

you changed to after market ones , is it ? :biggrin:

ya. i change to aftermarket. then decat stock header. the test pipe a bit out of position. not suit the aftermarket exhaust. need to mod the test pipe a bit. hehe.

Be positive.. or maybe the car come with Full lock LSD!! hehehe..

Ali:

Bro ! :biggrin:

Can share where to get aftermarket sway bay for DC5 ?

Bump: Ali:

Ali:

Bump: Ali:

i think misunderstood here. i thought u asked if i change the exhaust. i didnt change the sway bar. i think i saw mugen sway bar at Amoil. front and rear. the price i dont know. hehe.

Myeor !!!!

please keep me updated :biggrin:

i heard that Cusco has ADJUSTABLE sway bars for the dc5 !!!!!

Myeor !!!!

please keep me updated :biggrin:

i heard that Cusco has ADJUSTABLE sway bars for the dc5 !!!!!

mine is non-adjustable..and im not too sure if the one joe bringing in is adjustable. but i believe the adjustable endlinks can be sourced from ebay.

or get this one instead. comes with the tie bar. ballinnnnnnnnnnn'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROGRESS-ADJ-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-SWAY-TIE-BAR-02-06-RSX_W0QQitemZ190301010689QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c4ed2fb01&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom