Curious. How Does A Call Man Appear So Fast At A Scene??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Hey guys was just wondering how come so many call man can appear so fast out of no where one?? is it coz there r millions of them around or r there any other reasons. they cant be scouting around a corner in the highway esp at the corner where accident is prone to occur.dont think they can afford to keep passing the accident prone corner dat often esp wiv the ever increasing toll n petrol prices.
Yest while i was driving back to usj from sepang after watching A1gp, saw a car in front of me skidded very slowly n overturned just like the car from china that overturned in A1GP, when it went slightly off road into a small drain while taking a corner at the usj exit.the china A1 car i can understand la as they might be using imitation parts..haha..just kidding. anyway i stopped immediately wiv another stranger at the back of me just to c wat we can help out wiv..thank god driver sustained minimal injuries.. tot he cld be having some cervical injuries or equivalent but he must have worn his seat belts of which i've always taken it 4 granted. anyway after helping the driver out, we were lifting the car n pushing it back onto its wheels. at that time there were a fair bit of crowed edi. while we were lifting the car wiv all the strenght we have, just out of no where a call man approach the guy.. fuc*ing idiot can at least help us first la.. my fuc*ing boots all soaked wiv muds not mentioning my jeans. rain had just stopped then.
so wat u guys think??? i didnt see no car waiting there when i stopped..
:rolleyes:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
There's good side and the bad side. Unfortunately, there's alot "call man" running around than we can realise, even i worked as part-time "call-man cums car seizer" not long ago. They have many people running around simply .. they have no other work, their work is to be on the road whenever they can or according to their own shift runs in a group.

In Klang & Shah Alam alone there are nearly 250 callman's and 7 car seizer groups with approximate 40 people in each group, and thats including Chinese and Indians.

Actually, call-man's observe if any fault or crashes occured along the way they are in duty. They will inform nearest moving tow truckers of their group to be on the spot. Sometimes u may also see 10 call-man's arrive at the scene .. and thats because the other members in the same group has nothing to do, simply menyibuk at the scene where the 1st call-man arrived ... ;)

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
One more thing to note is that they probably know where are the hot spots where accident occurs frequently. And of coz there are so many call man on standby all the time. They're probably driving aimlessly and waiting for a call on their walkie talkie.

You'd be surprised when i tell you that there was once i was involved in an accident at Klang town and while going down the overhead bridge. It was a 4 car pileup and i got down from my car, i went to the guy who knock me from behind. And just 2 minutes later, i saw one indian guy running towards my direction with a walkie talkie. He then radioed someone on the walkie talkie and 5 minutes later, there was already 3 callman over there. They started to bullshit what they can do and so on but i couldn't be bothered about them at all.

One thing i notice about these callman is that when they rush to an accident scene, they tend to drive like an asshole. I've seen some cars where they put one siren behind the windscreen and really drive like a man possessed endangering others. I mean its quite stupid for a callman rushing to an accident scene, driving like an asshole which might cause another accident.

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
SataniC said:
drive around federal hiway after 11pm and you'll get your answer
but this was at 4pm.. federal highway possible la coz can sto at many places but this was at a corner in the highway from klia to subang.
so its kind of weird la..prob many partimers around so as to get extra income.. me shld join as part time call man as well..wld have made some money dat day..
why don the toll company make a deal wiv local hospital so as to call for ambulance service as well if there is serious injuries.. prob hosp can provide better comission to those cll man..

blu3chip

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
PJ
they've got contacts all over the road. and to them, being the first one at the accident scene will ensure business.

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
One thing i notice about these callman is that when they rush to an accident scene, they tend to drive like an asshole. I've seen some cars where they put one siren behind the windscreen and really drive like a man possessed endangering others. I mean its quite stupid for a callman rushing to an accident scene, driving like an asshole which might cause another accident.[/QUOTE]

ya ur rite bro.. these people should be more understanding la.. but i guess people in general sometimes do stupid things just for money.... some of them r quite irritating not caring for the accident victims or showing any signs of even the slightest compassion.. just keeps telling bout their service n wat not.. this is the attitude which bothers me most,i.e making money from desperate people..

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
My bro once worked as a call man, he gets 10% of the amount of insurance claim.. for one langgar blakang case he can get around 300 oledi.. easily can earn 3-4k if he can get like 15 cases a month..

thats the reason they rush to the scene la.. to be the one that close the case loh.. some time they are unreasonable too.. once i had an accident at Batang Kali road (coming down from genting) it was a tight corner during heavy rain.. since we have contact, we called the tow truck to the scene.. there is this few guys (callman obviously) eagerly asking us to tow the car down hill, even offer free towing lagi, reason being we are alerting other car going down hill by waving before the corner thus preventing more accident from happening..

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
it isnt an easy n feasible job i would think..but i guess we do need them in a way at times.
please do share any experience(s) or any suggestion on how to improve the towing services. i might just submit the suggestion to the people concern if its applicable n sane so we can have the best towing services in malaysia la..

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
some ppl just work call man as part time....

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
I've got a callman and tow truck friend who told me that sometimes they really no business at all, they will pour some oil on the road to make accidents happen so that they got business.. they don't bother whether the accident will cause people's life or not.. after hearing that, from that day onwards I never talk or mix with them anymore.. I feel they're a bunch of a$$holes doing this kind of dirty thing !!! So guys please be careful on the road... stay alert of what these bastards can do to cause accidents..

kinki_kidz®

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
the guy staying near my house is a callman
he often go out at nite
get back on the following morning
i think he go round and round looking for 'victims'?
his walkie is always busy, it can be heard even from my house
anyways.. recently, he changed, recently from a mivec putra.. to a skyline O_o... they can make that sort of money!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
they got connection all around the area... when someone spot ur car, the walkie talkies will be busy...
got good and bad la... if u are in emergency, they come early means good lo... if small matter, i wait for my AAM come... haha... i pay so much for AAM yearly sure want them fix for me la...

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
i ve heard of this story that there r ppl who drives modified n specially strengthen cars that use to ram ppl from behind.

after fleeing from the scene of the accident, they radio in on their callman partner who r waiting nearby.

last case i heard was a ram-happy Waja on the MRR2 around Kepong/Selayang some months ago.

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
gosh wah some call man really go till d edge to cause accidents just to earn bit more money... guess we must be more careful..
wah call man driving skyline?? must keep an eye on him c how he makes dat kind of money...hope he makes d money without the expence of other peoples safety la..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone help me setting this type air charger..
i have use it..
actually it use to save the fuel..
but when i install this air charger to my satria 1.3
rm30 fuel can go just around 100km...
help me please!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience