Converting a Drive by wire to Drive by cable throttle body.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
Help needed !

Wanna ask is anyone familiar with a a drive by wire conversion to drive by cable ?

What is needed and etc....most importantly, is it necessarily install a standalone or piggyback for it ?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
quite hard... unless if u change ur whole EMS system and use standalone ecu.... even piggybacks also cannot....

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
if thats the case, would it be better if i were to convert it straight to individual throttle bodies ? But the trouble is to custom a manifold isn't it ?

*Forgot to ask 1 more question, since th car is drive by wire, how do i increase my idling time ? as currently with my setup the idling is quite drastic ranging from 800-1000rpm and when the acc is on it goes as low as 700rpm.

Was thinking of stabilizing it around 1100rpm - 1200rpm. what is needed to change mind i ask ?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
wat kind of ride u riding now...??
most of car is range at 700rpm-900rpm, why u wanna up to 1200rpm..?? when u on the aircond, the rpm will increase 100rpm or more....

if u really wanna stiil at 1100-1200rpm, just get a manual rpm controller set. easy & cheap....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
if thats the case, would it be better if i were to convert it straight to individual throttle bodies ? But the trouble is to custom a manifold isn't it ?

*Forgot to ask 1 more question, since th car is drive by wire, how do i increase my idling time ? as currently with my setup the idling is quite drastic ranging from 800-1000rpm and when the acc is on it goes as low as 700rpm.

Was thinking of stabilizing it around 1100rpm - 1200rpm. what is needed to change mind i ask ?
convert to ITB needs loads of cash bro...
what car u driving anyway??... wira svdo??....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
ITB from 20v is kinda cheap.... hehe...
yala... but custom the intake manifold and other piggyback/standalone ecu expensive mar....

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
i used to drive a Gen2 Stage 3 (R3 built), the new owner that bought over my car wants some advice on this, just helping out....my new ride most prob will be an elise or subaru V9. waiting for loan confirmation

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
i used to drive a Gen2 Stage 3 (R3 built), the new owner that bought over my car wants some advice on this, just helping out....my new ride most prob will be an elise or subaru V9. waiting for loan confirmation
well... could possibly work out but so far i havent seen anyone done it before lar...
use standalone ecu.... convert ur throttle body to cable linkage type.... reset all fuel and ignition mapping.... not sure is possible or not... but definitely alot of work...

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
seen it being done before.on a satria neo 1.6.i don't think he's using standalone ecu.
hmmm..that sounds like it possible to be done without a standalone but i guess with a Better ECU is would be safer i guess

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
a better ecu is alwiz beneficial...

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
Help needed !

Wanna ask is anyone familiar with a a drive by wire conversion to drive by cable ?

What is needed and etc....most importantly, is it necessarily install a standalone or piggyback for it ?
what your engine ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I have few questions to ask.
i.) will aircon gas gone if there is no leak at all in air con system?
ii.) where is the aircon sponge located?? how its look like? anyone got its picture, i cant search thru internet with tis word " air con sponge".

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Bump: to add oil to compressor, need to scarifice the air con gas?

Bump: to add oil to compressor, need to scarifice the air con gas?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience