Comparing V35 Skyline 350GT and ER34 Skyline GT-T

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL
Planning to get 1 out of these 2 cars, owners out there could you please give some comment for these 2 cars?

besides that, anyone who is good mechanically can you explain the difference between V6 and L6? This is the biggest difference I could discover from these 2 cars.

Thank you :adore:

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
v6 allows more compact engine compartment and allow the engine push far back to the firewall where inline 6 cannot. meanwhile l6 advantage is the free space to modify in the left and right of the engine thus more bigger turbo, better intake manifold design could me placed and gain more horsepower. some say l6 are much smoother and balanced engine compared to v6 (which need balancing shaft to counter the vibration of the engine????).

between the car itself, both have potential if u have the money to dump it in. for vg35 there's twin turbo kit sell internationally and locally (same engine as 350z, there's power but a bit lazy which can be cured with rechipped or retuning). meanwhile r34 gtt already a good mod platform. u can increase the turbo sizing etc.

have fun :)

lionelk

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
DP, Selangor
Visit site
Both cars look totally different. Get the car that suits your taste. V35 is NA power. R34GTT is Turbo power. The biggest problem is road tax... 3.5liters RM4400 per year and 2.5liters RM800+.

SUJAAR AR RACING

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
If u like to modify and want to feel the power of turbos ...better go for r34...u an modify to maximum...but v35.... is limited modification only....the roadtax money u spend yearly....can save and modify...to r34...

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
There still ppl buy V35 and change the engine to RB26...
THe body design is having some diffrent, so its only depend which u like too.
For me... i like the tail lamp of V35, while front look of R35...
I've a same question as TS so i come to visit this threat... hehe~
:embarassed:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Besides all that, V35 is a newer car compared to ER34 (in term of year) and maintenance wise will be less also. Most important is what you going to use it for...weekend or daily drive? Of coursed V35 is smoother then ER34 but, in term of modification...ER34 will be our best choice for HP gain!
Some more V35 parts are more expensive and kinda limited in modification.

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
yah.. if wanna drive or minimum mod only, then u can choose V35.
if u going for crazy mods, R34 is your choice.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Or if you're sick of the R34, you can go for the more refined and comfy V35. Skyline also ma. hehe

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL
Thanks for the info everyone.
Since the car would be used for daily drive as well, guess I'll go for V35.
Its a good idea to swap RB26 in, I've actually been thinking whether the VR38 fits V35 as well.
And seriously I don't think RB nor VR could be a plug and play one in V35, so JPJ approval would be another problem.
I found myself falling in love deeply with V35 as I further discover its greatness, yeah!

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
hmmm you could wait for GTR halfcut lor......put it in and smoke us all... :D

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL
even yes i'd be somewhere next year...well i actually prefer to keep the engine stock, as it'll be drive by my dad in future..for myself i'd straight go for R35, I'm poisoned by it deeply n addicted...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Planning to get 1 out of these 2 cars, owners out there could you please give some comment for these 2 cars?

besides that, anyone who is good mechanically can you explain the difference between V6 and L6? This is the biggest difference I could discover from these 2 cars.

Thank you :adore:
I think the V35 with a subtle kit and nice rims is pure bling. But comparing it an R34GTT is like comparing apples and oranges. It's more similar to the 350z IMHO.

I guess you have to decide on what sort of car you really want. If you're looking for more power than the GTT would give you more options locally. Plus, its a lot cheaper to squeeze more power out of the GTT than the V35. You can buy bolt on turbo kits/superchargers for the V35 but the kits aren't cheap and the NA engine is not designed for much boost.

Another thing worth considering is the fact that the V35s are automatic (correct me if I'm wrong) whereas manual GTTs are everywhere. I know which one I'd rather be driving :biggrin:

At the end of the day it all comes down to you. Is this a project car which you only drive on the weekends or is it something you drive to work everyday, meet clients in etc but still want to have fun once in awhile? If that's the case then the V35 is probably best.

Forget about all this engine transplant etc. You'll lose a lot of money in the long run unless you're going to keep the car forever not to mention all the problems you'll encounter along the way.

That's just my 2 cents. Peace.

lionelk

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
DP, Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];4451527 said:
I think the V35 with a subtle kit and nice rims is pure bling. But comparing it an R34GTT is like comparing apples and oranges. It's more similar to the 350z IMHO.

I guess you have to decide on what sort of car you really want. If you're looking for more power than the GTT would give you more options locally. Plus, its a lot cheaper to squeeze more power out of the GTT than the V35. You can buy bolt on turbo kits/superchargers for the V35 but the kits aren't cheap and the NA engine is not designed for much boost.

Another thing worth considering is the fact that the V35s are automatic (correct me if I'm wrong) whereas manual GTTs are everywhere. I know which one I'd rather be driving :biggrin:

At the end of the day it all comes down to you. Is this a project car which you only drive on the weekends or is it something you drive to work everyday, meet clients in etc but still want to have fun once in awhile? If that's the case then the V35 is probably best.

Forget about all this engine transplant etc. You'll lose a lot of money in the long run unless you're going to keep the car forever not to mention all the problems you'll encounter along the way.

That's just my 2 cents. Peace.
The same as 350Z, there are also 6 speed manual V35's... But mostly Auto's are brought in.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
The same as 350Z, there are also 6 speed manual V35's... But mostly Auto's are brought in.
Oh ok. I guess there is a demand for manual V35s then. To be honest, I've always viewed the 350z and V35s as the type of car you'd want to cruise around in rather than be stuck changing gears which is why my 350z wasn't a manual either. :redface:

lionelk

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
DP, Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];4451635 said:
Oh ok. I guess there is a demand for manual V35s then. To be honest, I've always viewed the 350z and V35s as the type of car you'd want to cruise around in rather than be stuck changing gears which is why my 350z wasn't a manual either. :redface:
Ya... cruiser.... :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need some advise on these 2 gbox.... what are the pro or con of these 2 gbox....i'm thinking of changing my gbox to mivec gbox to get the lsd feeling huhu....is the gear ratio same? gti 3 gear suxx when change from 2nd to 3rd ....if the ratio same then i will consider pz lsd

p.s tried searching through this web but cant find the exact answer
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience