Changing gear ratio on BT 5 speed gearbox? Need advice.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hi guys,

I am helping my friend to ask. He is driving a AE101 with BT 5 Speed. He wanted to change the gearbox ration as he play in track.

What is the aftermarket brand for the gear ratio? And it comes with each gear or 2-3 gear & 4-5 gear?

Normally how much would it be for the gear ratio & how long it takes to change the gear ratio & normally workmanship how much?

He thinking it of changing the gear ratio for 2, 3, 4 & 5th gear. Hope sifus here can help out. Thanks.

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
Re: Changinf gear ratio on BT 5 speed gearbox? Need advice.

hi mr,
Theres a-few co. that develop a set of gear ratios for Cxx gearbox, this inc trd, os-giken, hks, route6 etc....but, the thing that ur friend ask is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard to find.

Yes he can make the c5x ratio become closer by changing to bigger final drive (4.733 trd) but the final drive itself is also very hard to find. maybe u can check with trd @ wing hin...

to make thing much more easier, he can opt for c160, which more cheap and easier to get.

for me c5x is already ngam, good and cun for sic--->just my 2cents

MR. TOM'S

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006

hi mr,
Theres a-few co. that develop a set of gear ratios for Cxx gearbox, this inc trd, os-giken, hks, route6 etc....but, the thing that ur friend ask is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard to find.

Yes he can make the c5x ratio become closer by changing to bigger final drive (4.733 trd) but the final drive itself is also very hard to find. maybe u can check with trd @ wing hin...

to make thing much more easier, he can opt for c160, which more cheap and easier to get.

sifu has spoken:driver:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009

Another option is get 6 speed gear box lo...

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008

hi mr,

Bro,

Anyone have Wing Hin contact number?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008

Is the c56 a close ratio gb? Im unsure about this..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009

Is the c56 a close ratio gb? Im unsure about this..
yes... it close ratio than C52 only... But the best close ratio OEM gearbox is still is C160 (6 speed)

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008

yes... it close ratio than C52 only... But the best close ratio OEM gearbox is still is C160 (6 speed)
sooo u mean C56 is closer ratio dari C52 ye? Got long/normal ratio 6spd? Got such thing?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day all,

My car got out about 3 weeks ago, made some changes on it.

Well, now my boost reading is zero(0) when idling, when throttle a little, it goes down....then if boost it goes up a little...

what is going on???

Also would like to know if there's any difference on NA and Turbo throttle body.

The boost meter is in working condition as i tested with few other units of meter, and it's showing the same sign.

Even if i hose it straight from the throttle body hose, still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience